Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:09 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038 ... 1907  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Oh well, at least it's not Jakarta...never going back there again!

Jakarta... That is my least favorite city that I have been to in the world.

I need to dig through all the old hard drives and see if I can find the photos from that trip.

I don't remember the name of the beach I was at but it ranks right up there with some of the best times for shore leave. :wagwoot: :wagwoot: :wagwoot:

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wrenched my back, but ice and stretching seems to be working.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Oh well, at least it's not Jakarta...never going back there again!

Jakarta... That is my least favorite city that I have been to in the world.

I need to dig through all the old hard drives and see if I can find the photos from that trip.

Regarding the Subject of this thread : It started yesterday at about 4pm when I was tacking a temporary brace into position and pinched a bit of the skin on the middle finger of my left hand between the 22oz framing hammer and the head of the 16d nail.
That captured my attention.

Then this morning, with cold hands and colder hammer head - caught the exact same spot again. I don't recall hitting a blood blister with such skillful precision before this morning.

icon_eek

Ow...

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was cleaning out the BBQ today and managed to ram a bristle from the wire brush under my fingernail. Hard to believe something that small can hurt so much. :crybaby:

But what really pissed me off today was that my plan to go shooting with my buddy fell through. I don't get many opportunities to get out and shoot, especially with nice weather, so needless to say I was a little butthurt. Oh well, I get a grilled ribeye and baked potato as consolation.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Was cleaning out the BBQ today and managed to ram a bristle from the wire brush under my fingernail. Hard to believe something that small can hurt so much. :crybaby:

But what really pissed me off today was that my plan to go shooting with my buddy fell through. I don't get many opportunities to get out and shoot, especially with nice weather, so needless to say I was a little butthurt. Oh well, I get a grilled ribeye and baked potato as consolation.

Yowza!

That ranks right up there with chipped paint getting under your nail...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it's been a "thing" for a while now, to not use wire brushes to clean the grill. A wire gets stuck in the grill, or hides someplace only to find its way into your steak.
Once ingested, the wire sticks in your innerds and perferates your esophagus or intestine/colon. Presto: mysterious blood infection.

That, and nasty shiites cake the brush itself, so you're just mashing nasty shiites all over your grill.

(yes, I know all of the standard defensive rebuttals and rationalizations; I'm just relating what I've heard

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
it's been a "thing" for a while now, to not use wire brushes to clean the grill. A wire gets stuck in the grill, or hides someplace only to find its way into your steak.

Funny you should say that...the wire ended up under my fingernail because I was using a scotchbrite pad to scour the inside of the grill, and the pad had picked up all the little wires that had broken off and fallen down into the sludge. As soon as I pushed on it at the right angle, it shot under my nail. I threw out the wire brush and will not be getting another one.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:13 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
Once ingested, the wire sticks in your innerds and perferates your esophagus or intestine/colon. Presto: mysterious blood infection.

That, and nasty shiites cake the brush itself, so you're just mashing nasty shiites all over your grill.

(yes, I know all of the standard defensive rebuttals and rationalizations; I'm just relating what I've heard

No kidding.
Had a blind lady over at our house for burgers, she pulled a 1/2" long piece of grill brush wire out of her mouth and handed it to me.
Thought I was going to get sued.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:18 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guntrader wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

No kidding.
Had a blind lady over at our house for burgers, she pulled a 1/2" long piece of grill brush wire out of her mouth and handed it to me.
Thought I was going to get sued.

I had it happen myself. I had some pulled pork that I had made on my smoker, and enjoyed a nice meal.

Sometime after the meal I was just siting there and, ah, brought a mouthful back up for some reason, maybe just to enjoy it again. :bigsmile: As I was chewing my cud, getting ready to send it back down again, I felt a wire bristle in the middle of it. I pulled it out and threw it away . . . but it kinda scared the shit out of me, since I had ALREADY SWALLOWED it, and didn't notice. icon_eek

That was the day that I became a believer.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:25 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
I had it happen myself. I had some pulled pork that I had made on my smoker, and enjoyed a nice meal.

Sometime after the meal I was just siting there and, ah, brought a mouthful back up for some reason, maybe just to enjoy it again. :bigsmile: As I was chewing my cud, getting ready to send it back down again, I felt a wire bristle in the middle of it. I pulled it out and threw it away . . . but it kinda scared the shit out of me, since I had ALREADY SWALLOWED it, and didn't notice. icon_eek

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:32 pm

I have to write an essay in my Uber-liberal English 101 class. Of course, it’s an essay where I’m required to complain about my life. After struggling to find something worthy of complaining about (my life ain’t bad... I’m fat, I’m happy, and I have a good job...), I decided to write about how you’re alienated if you aren’t liberal.

The first paragraph was about how I’ve been ostracized by part of my family for owning firearms. The peer-review came back and one of the comments was “the media isn’t really Orwellian, is it?”. I’m not sure if I should laugh or feel bad that they have successfully been indoctrinated at such a young age...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't have a spare Reed block for the boat motor. Gotta buy some reeds.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Humans aren't ruminants, IIRC.

G.I.R.D.?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:13 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL ... it’s a long-term talent. It helps the food to pass to the second stomach.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:28 am

I've heard people say to use a wood board to scrape the grates -- use a softer wood that will 'form' to the grate profile after a while... someone had mentioned bamboo for this...
Just cleaned my grill yesterday -- bottom side of the grates were building up pretty badly - amazing the amount of flakes/crud in the catch pan for how little food has gone thru the grill.

Pisses me off how many weeds are in the lawn.... goddamn chickweed, speedwell and ground ivy.... I've been fighting it for the last 3-4 years - made the mistake of raking all the moss out ONCE - that was enuff to let the weeds take hold. Not wanting to 'dose' the yard (and hence watershed) too much, I tried using the spray weed killers (Ortho WBG, Spectracide and Bayer) on it.... the weeds just laughed at it - complete waste of $$ and effort. I've found that the only one that even touches these weeds is Scotts W/F - Vigiro and LillyMiller don't do a damn thing. Grabbed a 13M bag of Scotts from costco (pretty good deal @ $40) -- got out and got it down on the dewy grass this morning... bag said to set the rotary spreader at 3 1/2 --- damn that was ALOT of fert going down... dialed it back to 2 1/2 and it still put alot down. Was hoping to get two doses out of this bag, but easily burned thru ~2/3 or more of the bag.... Oh well, at least it was a GOOD dose.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 28595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038 ... 1907  Next