Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039 ... 1907  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Pisses me off how many weeds are in the lawn.... goddamn chickweed, speedwell and ground ivy.... I've been fighting it for the last 3-4 years - made the mistake of raking all the moss out ONCE - that was enuff to let the weeds take hold. Not wanting to 'dose' the yard (and hence watershed) too much, I tried using the spray weed killers (Ortho WBG, Spectracide and Bayer) on it.... the weeds just laughed at it - complete waste of $$ and effort. I've found that the only one that even touches these weeds is Scotts W/F - Vigiro and LillyMiller don't do a damn thing. Grabbed a 13M bag of Scotts from costco (pretty good deal @ $40) -- got out and got it down on the dewy grass this morning... bag said to set the rotary spreader at 3 1/2 --- damn that was ALOT of fert going down... dialed it back to 2 1/2 and it still put alot down. Was hoping to get two doses out of this bag, but easily burned thru ~2/3 or more of the bag.... Oh well, at least it was a GOOD dose.

I'm surprised the Weed-B-Gon didn't work. Did you mix it to the right concentration? I've been using that stuff for 15 years on lawns and haven't found a more effective or easier-to-use product, although I do use a little more than the label calls for.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:56 am

Yeah - I've done everything I could with the WbG.... mixed it strong with soap -- had 'kill boxes' so I could hit every weed.... the chickweed and the speedwell just laugh.... I still have 2 bottles (picked up 4 last summer @$5 each) that I'll try later in the summer, along with Spectracide and Bayer to see if it was all a fluke, but I'm not expecting great results.... They will kill the dandelions and lesser weeds easily, but the chickweed and speedwell is some tough shit I'm finding.... I dosed hard with Vigiro W/F last spring --- same thing... no effect. My neighbor gave a leftover bag of Scotts and that did wonders! Put down half a bag of it earlier, but I'm thinking that got washed away... bad timing. Getting a heavy dose down today makes me feel good - 4-5 days dry with heavy dews should do the trick.... I hope. If it doesn't, I'm calling them on their 'no quibble guaranty'.

I've actually had to figure out what these weeds really are and look at labels that SAY they will kill them... They all say they SHOULD work, but I'm getting disappointing results. I did waaaay too much hand pulling last summer because the chickweed was so thick --- it was the ONLY way to keep it somewhat in check.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:43 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

http://www.corbin.com

Have an extra seat that came with my latest Harley, no rear attaching bracket.
Called the manufacturer....$45 + $10 shipping????? For a small piece of stamped steel?
Fuck that!

I'll dremel the holes on one of my other ones, or get a generic one on Ebay for $10.
Figured they would just send me one to promote customer service like gun manufacturers do.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dow -424

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Dow -424

It will bounce back

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a lot of teachers and professors lately that I'd like to punch in the face.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29894/to ... ssion=true

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This technically pissed me off last Friday. Co-worker coming on for the next shift called my office and very sheepishly reqyested I come outside to talk to him. This is what his deisel dually did when he was creeping backwards in reverse. :whatthe: :facepalm2:

Attachment:
IMG_4629.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ouch, Ron. That one hurts.

On the plus side, the dude ‘fessed up. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That sux, Ron. Sorry to hear that...

Reminds of when I was in college... as I pulled into the driveway at home after school one day I notice a new dent on the previously undamaged '67 Cougar I was restoring. FRACK! Then my eye sweeps forward to the bumper of my truck which is coincidentally the same height as the dent! Wait a minute!!!

So I walked into the house and my Girlfriend was sitting on the couch with her eyes like saucers. On my way to get a tape measure to compare the height of the bumper to the dent, I glared at her silently... on my way back out to the driveway, she burst out with a tearful confession!!!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
This technically pissed me off last Friday. Co-worker coming on for the next shift called my office and very sheepishly reqyested I come outside to talk to him. This is what his deisel dually did when he was creeping backwards in reverse. :whatthe: :facepalm2:

It will buff out.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:55 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Looks like it's just the plastic front clip that took the hit. As long as there's no metal work it's a pretty clean fix. That and your paint should be new enough that there won't be much fading that they have to blend in to. And the guy confessed.

All in all, that sucks but it definitely could be worse.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Basically just what my neighbor did with his diesel pickup. Backed right into my daughter's car.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:03 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

That my block mason sub thought this was the proper way to build a CMU Wall....

Yup, tear that fucker down and do it again!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:16 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Massivedesign wrote:

Wow... Now there's an expensive fix.

Why would he do this? I could understand if it was going to be completely covered by something else, but on an exposed block wall? What did he say when it was called?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:18 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

PMB wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Wow... Now there's an expensive fix.

Why would he do this? I could understand if it was going to be completely covered by something else, but on an exposed block wall? What did he say when it was called?

This business is owned by 2 brothers, they are actually a really good company. One brother specializes in veneer stone, the other does block. Well, block brother has already done about 75% of the block work and it looks perfect, then goes and breaks his collar bone ATV'ing over the weekend. So veneer brother has to learn to do big block....

There were some excuses made of why they had to make it this way etc, but they didn't hold water. Luckily the grout was still wet, so it was fairly easy to disassemble, clean and re-assemble. The re-done wall still doesn't look as good as block brothers quality, but it'll pass muster.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039 ... 1907  Next