Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 989, 990, 991, 992, 993, 994, 995 ... 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While I`m at it, I may as well share the short essay I wrote the other day for a different community.

Quote:
I`d like to address a few concerns I see growing across the [REDACTED] community as a whole. I will not use names, as those I`m thinking of will know who I`m talking about.

I can`t help but see a distressing trend in post habits from several individuals, all of whom with quite large followings.. It`s no secret that the average consumer, or even internet user has a short attention span, and will often take what they hear as gold.

And that of course creates a delicate balance, of excitable, flighty people reading trolling posts or simple jokes as serious and spreading fear and discontent throughout their follower bases.

It is intensely important to put things in perspective, especially regarding the so-called “Bumpstock Ban” about which people already are panic buying. And why?

Failure to check wording. The President ordered Attorney General Sessions to Review regulations. A Review is not an Executive Order, but simply double checking. And let`s not kid ourselves - So called “Bumpstocks”, as well as binary triggers and their like were living on borrowed time from the minute they hit store shelves several decades ago.

So stop your knee jerk reactions. Stop your emotion driven responses. End your “Never Trump” replies, your “I never trusted him!” diatribe. In doing so you show your inexperience and ignorance. This is far from the first time our President has played this game: He says one thing to distract his opposition while he makes actual, real world progress elsewhere.

Stop being stupid. All of you.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jdhbulseye wrote:
People who seem to be more happy than disappointed that they think they have been vindicated in their view that Trump currently appears to be turning out to be the flip-flopper they predicted he would be.

And.

The thread went away before I got my list of Traitorous acts.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:11 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

WaJim wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
People who seem to be more happy than disappointed that they think they have been vindicated in their view that Trump currently appears to be turning out to be the flip-flopper they predicted he would be.

And.

It did? viewtopic.php?f=33&t=88582

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:12 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

PMB wrote:
WaJim wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:

And.

It did? viewtopic.php?f=33&t=88582

Still no list........

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

tee hee

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Bought a 2-10-50 amp battery charger from Harbor freight, $20 off coupon in the American Rifleman.
Needed one to charge the battery on my Harley which is at 9V. I need a new battery but want to make sure I have everything else fixed before I lay down more cash for the new battery.
This super smart battery charger has idiot proof circuitry built in that it won't turn on unless the battery is almost at full charge.
Otherwise it thinks the charger is hooked up improperly. Gives a wiring fault and shuts off.
Won't even turn on unless it is connected to a charged battery.

What the fuck good is a battery charger that can't boost a vehicle or charge a battery unless it's around 11 volts?????

I need an old school schumacher like my old one that broke (winding in transformer burned out).
Cord, transformer, 4 diodes, a 3 position switch, two cables, and a meter.
Except looks like all of them are now made in China and have bad reviews.......................

Maybe I'll hit up a swap meet or garage sale.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:48 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Guntrader wrote:
Bought a 2-10-50 amp battery charger from Harbor freight, $20 off coupon in the American Rifleman.
Needed one to charge the battery on my Harley which is at 9V. I need a new battery but want to make sure I have everything else fixed before I lay down more cash for the new battery.
This super smart battery charger has idiot proof circuitry built in that it won't turn on unless the battery is almost at full charge.
Otherwise it thinks the charger is hooked up improperly. Gives a wiring fault and shuts off.
Won't even turn on unless it is connected to a charged battery.

You can't turn the switch to "START" and have it stay on? You have to babysit it while on Start, but it should bypass the smart circuitry.

Guntrader wrote:
I need an old school schumacher like my old one that broke (winding in transformer burned out).
Cord, transformer, 4 diodes, a 3 position switch, two cables, and a meter.
Except looks like all of them are now made in China and have bad reviews.......................

Maybe I'll hit up a swap meet or garage sale.

Agreed. I watch Craigslist occasionally and when a solid old charger comes up, I buy it for one of my children. Have done it for 4 so far, 3 left.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:57 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

PMB wrote:
You can't turn the switch to "START" and have it stay on? You have to babysit it while on Start, but it should bypass the smart circuitry.

No, it blinks 'wiring fault' and 'power on' for half a second and shuts off. Doesn't matter if the cables are connected to anything or not.
Tried it not connected, with the battery connected, with the battery connected and power switch (headlamp) turned on. Same thing. Also tried it on 'regular' and 'agm' modes, same.........2-10-50 amp modes, same.
I can feel a big inductive thump. Thing is heavy, must have a big transformer............

If you have any ideas I'll take it back out of the box and try them.
https://www.harborfreight.com/10250-amp ... 60581.html

Thanks

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1) Parcel scheduled for arrival today

2) Marked as "In transit to next facility" for the past two days

3) Mail arrives about an hour ago

4) It`s "You`ve won!" garbage and some trash for someone who doesn`t live here anymore. That promptly became a tissue and provided temporary allergy relief.

5) My parcel still has not arrived, and is still "in transit to next facility"

???

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:23 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Guntrader wrote:
PMB wrote:

No, it blinks 'wiring fault' and 'power on' for half a second and shuts off. Doesn't matter if the cables are connected to anything or not.
Tried it not connected, with the battery connected, with the battery connected and power switch (headlamp) turned on. Same thing. Also tried it on 'regular' and 'agm' modes, same.........2-10-50 amp modes, same.
I can feel a big inductive thump. Thing is heavy, must have a big transformer............

Thanks

This is for the 66783, which I made the mistake of purchasing a few years back.
http://msanderz.com/charger.html
I have had to replace the Start/Charge SCR twice, so I am assuming that there is some shitty design or parts sourcing for something that feeds it. Relatively simple circuit. The next time it blows I am going to re-do the circuit board and run it in CV mode with a timer. (Not true CV, but I mean that I will bypass the smart circuitry. Current will taper off as charge comes up.)

I searched for the 60581 schematic- no findee yet.
The fact that it is heavy and has a big inductive thump is counter to what I expected.
When do you notice the thump?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:

4) It`s "You`ve won!" garbage and some trash for someone who doesn`t live here anymore. That promptly became a tissue and provided temporary allergy relief.

???

Did you mail order an AR15 from low class guns?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:

???

Did you mail order an AR15 from low class guns?

:ROFLMAO:

Fortunately no, only a handguard set for a different rifle.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Guntrader wrote:
PMB wrote:

Thanks

If your voltage is below 10.5v, it usually means you've lost a cell and no amount of charging will bring it back. You can try 'fooling' it by having a 'good' 9V battery and bridging across the (hooked up) charger leads for a second to 'kick start' the charger from the self protect mode - but "could be dangerous" if you really DO have a bad cell.

BTW --- I have this 'little' charger for my quad battery....
https://www.harborfreight.com/15-amp-th ... 99857.html
Its a fantastic little 3 stage charger ---- that I swear is able to condition (ie desulfate) the (smaller) battery --- doesn't work too well on car size batteries since its only 1.5 amp. If you get this one, be sure to pick up a set of alligator leads to clip from the ring terminals to the battery --- don't even consider the permanent mounting because they tend to drain the battery when NOT plugged in.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:44 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

JohnMBrowning wrote:
If your voltage is below 10.5v, it usually means you've lost a cell and no amount of charging will bring it back.

Not in my experience sir. :cheers2:
Applying an equalizing charge (a controlled intentional overcharge) can dissolve the sulfates that can bridge between plates.
This is why you should (almost ) never add sulfuric acid to a LA battery... You need to dissolve the sulfur that has plated out, and increasing the concentration in the electrolyte makes that more difficult, or impossible if you get to saturation.
I have brought back many batteries from 0 volts, or even reversed polarity.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:56 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Thanks guys.

This battery was working fine three years ago. Just ran down from not being used.
Kept it charged, until the ex wife's retard son in law broke my charger.
I'm sure it's hosed.

I really need to buy another battery anyhow.
Put this one in about 10 years ago (Harley branded LA).
The new ones are AGM, $150 after tax.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 989, 990, 991, 992, 993, 994, 995 ... 1909  Next