Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261 ... 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Got my car diagnosed, the crank is moving a lot. So I had to buy a new engine, found a used one for 4,600. Not bad for a car that isnt even 2 years old yet.

For what I've spent I could have a forged bottom end, big ass turbo and upgraded fuel system. Could have had one of the fastest current model gti's in the area making 600hp. I did score a downpipe so I'll go stage 2 tune so I'll pick up 40ish hp, and the shop will be installing a meth/water kit that should be good for another 40ish. So it will make about the same power as throwing a golf R turbo on it. The car should run a low 12-high 11 making 380hp and 430ftlbs

A 2 y/o car isn't under warranty?

It has a tune so they deny it

Shit. Can you remove the tune? You shouldn't be tossing an engine unless you removed the rev limiter and kept banging it hard....
it's always going to seen by a tech when they hook the car up. The thrust bearings failed because I put a dumbass twindisk clutch on it, found out they use a.mega stiff pressure plate so the weakest part was found.

Ouch.

I'll let the more experienced engine guys take it from here... that sucks though.. Maybe a good time to make some mods on the new engine before it goes in??

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue May 21, 2019 6:20 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Angry and frustrated ventings are one thing man, but some things you say start to border on manifesto level. I am genuinely sorry you're in another shitstorm. Making veiled threats against LE will never help your cause though.

Commentary ≠ threat

Edit: When they lump me in with 'those people', ie heroin addicts, thieves, etc they're 'turning me into a criminal'..

I've been doing shit for them and the community, that would obviously stop if they keep pulling stupid shit like this.

Hence the 'see how well that works out for them', when they piss off/treat like shit someone who has been helping them.

Ever heard 'don't bite the hand that feeds you'?

But thanks, for assuming I'd go on some shooting spree or blow some shit up because they illegally threatened to tow my truck.... Glad you think so highly of me...

I don’t mean to be overly critical but consider it from the other side. You’re parked and living on private property owned by a retailer. It’s their land. I’m sure you park out at the back where the lot is empty, but it’s still technically squatting. Do they have plenty of space? Sure, but it’s their space.

I’m on 5 acres. If I saw a vehicle parked on my acreage they’d be damn sure moving off my land immediately. Do I have space? Sure, but it’s mine.

Consider that anger at being asked to leave someone else’s land might be misplaced anger.

Hope you’re well and the situation with your mom turns out for the best.

Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Got my car diagnosed, the crank is moving a lot. So I had to buy a new engine, found a used one for 4,600. Not bad for a car that isnt even 2 years old yet.

For what I've spent I could have a forged bottom end, big ass turbo and upgraded fuel system. Could have had one of the fastest current model gti's in the area making 600hp. I did score a downpipe so I'll go stage 2 tune so I'll pick up 40ish hp, and the shop will be installing a meth/water kit that should be good for another 40ish. So it will make about the same power as throwing a golf R turbo on it. The car should run a low 12-high 11 making 380hp and 430ftlbs

Why did you have it "diagnosed"? Was the end thrust causing problems?

Tue May 21, 2019 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Angry and frustrated ventings are one thing man, but some things you say start to border on manifesto level. I am genuinely sorry you're in another shitstorm. Making veiled threats against LE will never help your cause though.

Commentary ≠ threat

Edit: When they lump me in with 'those people', ie heroin addicts, thieves, etc they're 'turning me into a criminal'..

I've been doing shit for them and the community, that would obviously stop if they keep pulling stupid shit like this.

Hence the 'see how well that works out for them', when they piss off/treat like shit someone who has been helping them.

But thanks, for assuming I'd go on some shooting spree or blow some shit up because they illegally threatened to tow my truck.... Glad you think so highly of me...

I don’t mean to be overly critical but consider it from the other side. You’re parked and living on private property owned by a retailer. It’s their land. I’m sure you park out at the back where the lot is empty, but it’s still technically squatting. Do they have plenty of space? Sure, but it’s their space.

I’m on 5 acres. If I saw a vehicle parked on my acreage they’d be damn sure moving off my land immediately. Do I have space? Sure, but it’s mine.

Consider that anger at being asked to leave someone else’s land might be misplaced anger.

I'm on a public street.

They're harassing the law abiding citizen who is helping them and not doing anything illegal.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue May 21, 2019 11:38 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Old Growth wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Why did you have it "diagnosed"? Was the end thrust causing problems?

My guess...Computer runs on a crank trigger for TDC signal.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed May 22, 2019 7:02 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Painted the walls in 3/4 of my house interior in December a cool very light grey.

Suns now poking through the windows.

Makes it look blue.

I hate blue.

Buying the other shade of grey tester I had that has NO blue in the mix....and repainting the whole thing.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

I hate blue.

I'll give you fiddy bux for that crappy mustang with the blue stripes. :bigsmile:

Wed May 22, 2019 7:21 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:
Painted the walls in 3/4 of my house interior in December a cool very light grey.

Makes it look blue.

I hate blue.

Buying the other shade of grey tester I had that has NO blue in the mix....and repainting the whole thing.

Damn dude you really do hate blue! :ROFLMAO:

Wed May 22, 2019 7:23 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:

Commentary ≠ threat

I'm on a public street.

They're harassing the law abiding citizen who is helping them and not doing anything illegal.

Your truck fits on a public street? Are you parked in front of a private residence?

Wed May 22, 2019 7:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:

Commentary ≠ threat

I'm on a public street.

Your truck fits on a public street? Are you parked in front of a private residence?

Commercial zoned area, and yes, public street. I even measured distance from driveway entrances, signs, etc as required by law. I'm 100% legal.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed May 22, 2019 7:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

and guess who just got woken up by 2 tow trucks?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Makes it look blue.

I hate blue.

Sun shines in the window it looks like a freakin nursery in here..... :throwup:

Wed May 22, 2019 8:21 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

AR15L wrote:
WaJim wrote:

I hate blue.

I'll give you fiddy bux for that crappy mustang with the blue stripes. :bigsmile:

Yeah those stripes are in line for a repaint as well.....no kidding.

Guardsman Blue is darker than whats on there.

The blue used was a House of Color metallic candy blue.....last owner lived in California.

Go figure. :bigsmile:

Ive been embarrassed about them since I got the car.

Wed May 22, 2019 8:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Makes it look blue.

I hate blue.

Sun shines in the window it looks like a freakin nursery in here..... :throwup:

Windows now-a-days have UV blocking coatings that have an inherent tint. Open a window and let the sun shine on the wall and you will percieve the color shift and the paint will probably more closely resemble the color you chose in the store. I witness this drama frequently in my work as clients work through this. If you can get the light to hit the same wall both through a window pane and through an open window at the same time you'll really be able to discern this effect.

This is why buying a number of samples and painting broad swaths (and then viewing them at different times of the day) is a good idea.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed May 22, 2019 8:26 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Fucking Citibank.
Use my Costco Citi card every day for just about everything, sometimes the balance goes over $10K (pay it off every month).

I moved, so their fraud department locked out my card and I had to call the stupid fucks.

The 'suspicious activity'?

Two trips to QFC totaling under $30. By my kids school, go there every day.

Domain renewal, recurring payment for past 20 years.

$655 for a mint Ibanez Ag95QAL-DBS Sunburst I ordered a week ago.
Recently out of production, and hard to find.
The left handed one is near impossible to find.

If i don't get it, I'm not using my Costco Visa outside of Costco anymore.

Wed May 22, 2019 8:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261 ... 1909  Next