Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1268, 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

While I didn't plan on taking any 1639 class, REV arms offered it for free and apparently I can be an instructor for it now. Still not sure I agree with it.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
While I didn't plan on taking any 1639 class, REV arms offered it for free and apparently I can be an instructor for it now. Still not sure I agree with it.

Maybe post this in the good bad thread?
I swear CA now goes from Mexico to Canada. OR and WA is now Californicated.
CA/OR/WA are great states when it comes to beauty/recreation, but politics has destroyed these three states.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
BadKarma wrote:

Maybe post this in the good bad thread?
I swear CA now goes from Mexico to Canada. OR and WA is now Californicated.
CA/OR/WA are great states when it comes to beauty/recreation, but politics has destroyed these three states.

It's really becoming a Tale of Two America's when it comes to gun rights split along blue vs red states. Red states are moving in direction of constitutional carry and general upholding of firearms rights while the blue states are moving to implement bureaucratic obstacles, red flag laws, and towards confiscation.

Gov. Abbott just signed ten pieces of pro 2A legislation into law here in Texas this last week. Texas does have it's drawbacks (flat, hot/humid, etc) but it is really nice to live in a pro 2A state.

Last I saw Oklahoma is actively debating constitutional carry legislation.

Totally agree on the West Coast states being incredibly beautiful places with awesome recreational opportunities. Was just in California for a 3 week vacation doing skiing, climbing, and visiting family. The skiing and snowboarding in the California Sierra Nevada mountains is world class. But our gun rights end at the CA border. It is truly 'Behind Enemy Lines'. My stepson and I carried concealed all through the West during our drive out where all states have carry license reciprocity agreements in TX. Then we stopped right in front of the Welcome to California sign (remote highway in central NV/CA border) to de-gun and store our guns away in compliance with CA state laws.

Sorry to hear about I-1639 and the move toward anti-gun laws in WA state. As much as I loved living in WA state for so long, I will stick with red states for my primary residence from here on out. If I'm lucky will eventually relo to Salt Lake City for combination of amazing skiing and solid gun rights. Otherwise I'll stick around in TX till retirement then move to UT, WY, or MT for retirement.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
Never once did the transaction after the transfer. Money before hand, kthxbai, gun belongs to the shop now if you get denied DEUCES.

If YOU insisted that I meet you at a gun shop for a transfer, YOU AINT getting NO money from me till I get a pass to take a gun home.

Wanna get cash and go, see my CPL and exchange.

Either party can walk from a deal, not just the seller.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is this 'selling of guns' that you people speak of?

Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

Trip. Fall. Hit head on rock. Decide they have too many guns. Put up for sale. Donate profits to Creepy Joe's campaign. Wife decides that they should see other men. Dog runs away.
Sounds like a country song!?!

Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

Trip. Fall. Hit head on rock. Decide they have too many guns. Put up for sale. Donate profits to Creepy Joe's campaign. Wife decides that they should see other men. Dog runs away.

Jesus Rick, that’s a damn bleak scenario

Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
AR15L wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

Jesus Rick, that’s a damn bleak scenario

That's why I don't listen to country music. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L...Wife decides that they should see other men?

I get why the dog would run away if he has to see other men too.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
AR15L...Wife decides that they should see other men?

You've never heard that saying before? :wink05:

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was presented with a situation where I could have helped someone and I didn't

For lunch I went to McD. Not my usual preference but it's on the way to my shop and I like that they do the Ron McD house and are generally a decent company. The gal that took my money at the drive through was in a bit of a panic. She took my money and gave change with no issue (the total was something .03 and I gave her $20 +.03, didn't even flinch). Then out of the blue asked if I knew when she could get non-slip shoes

Odd question. I answered that I buy my work shoes at the Skechers store over by the mall and I'm sure that they have shoes that would work for her. She said that her shoes just fell apart and she needed new ones. At this point I surmised that she is special needs and that the shoes are probably part of her employment. She was really concerned about shoes at the moment

So my lizard brain is thinking that I'm self conscious when in the drive through. Don't want to be 'that guy' who holds things up. Once we got to the point where I didn't think we had anything else to offer each other I pulled forward to the second window

What I should have done is ask what her shoe size is, gone over to the store to get her a pair of shoes, and brought them back. They always have a buy one get one half off deal and I go through shoes like Steve goes through cake. It could have been a great day for both of us

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

For lunch I went to McD. Not my usual preference but it's on the way to my shop and I like that they do the Ron McD house and are generally a decent company. The gal that took my money at the drive through was in a bit of a panic. She took my money and gave change with no issue (the total was something .03 and I gave her $20 +.03, didn't even flinch). Then out of the blue asked if I knew when she could get non-slip shoes

Odd question. I answered that I buy my work shoes at the Skechers store over by the mall and I'm sure that they have shoes that would work for her. She said that her shoes just fell apart and she needed new ones. At this point I surmised that she is special needs and that the shoes are probably part of her employment. She was really concerned about shoes at the moment

So my lizard brain is thinking that I'm self conscious when in the drive through. Don't want to be 'that guy' who holds things up. Once we got to the point where I didn't think we had anything else to offer each other I pulled forward to the second window

What I should have done is ask what her shoe size is, gone over to the store to get her a pair of shoes, and brought them back. They always have a buy one get one half off deal and I go through shoes like Steve goes through cake. It could have been a great day for both of us

Go back tomorrow, you still have a shot. You are a good person for recognizing the need and being able to help. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

Like button, dangit!!!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

You’re Good People. I have to try to listen to that little voice inside. It’s constantly drowned out by the Angrier voice, but I try more and more. I’m getting better about it, a little. You’re a good example.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

RocketScott :angryfire:

:wink05:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1268, 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274 ... 1908  Next