Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1812, 1813, 1814, 1815, 1816, 1817, 1818 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 

Old Growth wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
Woke up a bit after 4am.... laying in bed thinking 'its odd I haven't heard the furnace run for a while'..... go to turn on the tv --- nothin.... thats when I realize that the power was out. Tried to fall back asleep.... just couldn't do it - listening to the wind and rain/sleet/snizzle hit the skylight and thinking I 'should' get up and get the jenny going --- pissing off the neighbors at 5am - trying to figure out how I was going to make my coffee... Tossed and turned til ~6:30 when the power came back on --- figured there was no use getting out of the nice warm bed until the house warmed up.... Gonna fire up the jenny today just for the hell of it now and double check gas supplies.

That 2.5 hours without power, must have been uncomfortable! Scary times we live in! icon_eek

I've been backtracking the times after resetting the clocks.... it was actually out for a good 4.5 hours ---- long enough for the house to get pretty chilly --- 58 when I got up and looked at 4:30 - down from my usual 63 night temp..... yeah, I could feel it. It was a matter of formulating the 'plan' for getting the jenny up and running and protected from driving snow/rain --- at least I have one, but wasn't excited to implement at 5 am even tho I was pretty much awake. I don't know why, but I just CAN'T fall asleep without the tv on.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Punks hit all the mailboxes 5:42 AM

In a culte sac, of all our cameras...no license plate

piss-pot import, dark color

I hate thieves

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The U.S. is sending $50M in equipment to the Ukraine to fix their energy grid. They are also going to requisition another ONE point ONE BILLION more dollars to fix Ukrainian and Moldovan power infrastructure.

Meanwhile, WaGun's JohnBrowning wakes up in the dark... People across THIS nation are making the choice between fuel to get to work, food and other essentials or heating their houses.

CA has rolling blackouts and crumbling equipment which causes fires that burn huge swaths of the state...

I guess you can't launder and skim funds spent on domestic infrastructure as easily.... crooks.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:50 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

WaJim wrote:

I hate thieves

That sux.
Who has mail in their box at 5:42am?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
WaJim wrote:

I hate thieves

That sux.

Just because they were opened, doesn't mean there was Mail in them.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
WaJim wrote:

I hate thieves

That sux.

my mail been coming any where from 4-9 pm, not going out repeatedly to see. sometimes i get him on camera other times no. if its there its gonna sit till next day by then I usually check when leaving to work.

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
dreadi wrote:
WaJim wrote:

I hate thieves

That sux.

my mail been coming any where from 4-9 pm, not going out repeatedly to see. sometimes i get him on camera other times no. if its there its gonna sit till next day by then I usually check when leaving to work.

This - it takes some minutes from front door to mail box maybe 10 or so and add rain snow dark wind?

And sometimes the guy doesn’t even show just figgin gives up

I’ll get the useless usual shit tomorrow The box is locked and rimfire proof

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a security mailbox, and i have further reinforced it beyond it's capabilities. If i go get the Mail every two weeks, it's unusual.
It's 99% trash Mail anyway and i have Camera's, a bad attitude, and a suppressed Rifle ready..... and better things to do than get it every day.
If you have valuables, banking info and checks coming by Mail you need to get out of the stone age. Business is no longer conducted that way.
YMMV, but it shouldn't.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I have a security mailbox, and i have further reinforced it beyond it's capabilities. If i go get the Mail every two weeks, it's unusual.
It's 99% trash Mail anyway and i have Camera's, a bad attitude, and a suppressed Rifle ready..... and better things to do than get it every day.
If you have valuables, banking info and checks coming by Mail you need to get out of the stone age. Business is no longer conducted that way.
YMMV, but it shouldn't.

Agree.

The only flaw is some suppliers only ship USPS. One of the lazy fux told me - after the usual screw up - the numbers on the package are too small...........

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Communists are still raging here in the U.S. stamping out the "four olds" (old ideas, customs, culture and habits of mind) tearing down statues, renaming places and eliminating anything American. Americans remain apathetic and the communists' march rolls on.

The latest casualty? The Confederate monument in Arlington Nat'l Cemetery. Originally the brain-child of a Union President, the monument was established to bring UNITY back to a divided nation.

Your senators and representatives would love to hear your feedback.

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... ngton.html

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:02 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

cmica wrote:
dreadi wrote:
WaJim wrote:

I hate thieves

That sux.

Yeah, we haven't had a regular mail man for a couple years.

Our mail shows up anywhere from 10 am to 930 pm....some of us nod off at 730ish...

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:35 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Ex BILaw just called.

His daughter has a 2013 CX9 102,000 miles

Yesterday it overheated....lost the water pump

Its driven by the timing chain .

Yep 3 gallons of coolant in the crankcase.

He called to ask if throwing a pump at it for $3000 was worth it. Includes RnR engine and transmission...14.5 hrs

Or dealer says they can install used motor for $!0 K.....but who needs a USED motor...this one shit a pump at 100K!

New motor not available.

I Said nope....scrap the fucker.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Simple minded people getting sucked into stupid questions.

Example -

'Should gov't allow same sex marriage?'

Which implies consent for gov't to regulate marriage.

Think outside the fucking box. Gov't shouldn't be involved in marriage. It's a personal matter.

'Should gov't charge 5% or 3% on this bullshit fee?'... The correct answer is '0%, go fuck yourself'...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Simple minded people getting sucked into stupid questions.

Example -

'Should gov't allow same sex marriage?'

Which implies consent for gov't to regulate marriage.

Think outside the fucking box. Gov't shouldn't be involved in marriage. It's a personal matter.

'Should gov't charge 5% or 3% on this bullshit fee?'... The correct answer is '0%, go fuck yourself'...
+1

Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want to cry.
"France to collect millions of old, unregistered firearms across the country
Officials suspect French families kept old weapons as heirlooms of the two World Wars."
https://www.foxnews.com/world/france-co ... 7f6e38c77f

Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1812, 1813, 1814, 1815, 1816, 1817, 1818 ... 1908  Next