Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1795, 1796, 1797, 1798, 1799, 1800, 1801 ... 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why would you go at night, with the least number of employees working?

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

It gets better....

The girl working walks up to me and starts crying....

Oh good lord..

She hasn't even started on it because she lost the slip, and was helping other people instead of working on my order.

Edit. Was stuck in traffic for over 2 hours...

Left at 1630....

Attachment:
Screenshot_20220923-194809_Lite.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:17 pm

Hearing XiJoe say "Its time to move away from the DISATEROUS MAGA agenda and embrace the Green New Deal and Build Back Broke agenda to put America back on path"..... WTFH????

I pity the people that actually listen to and believe him....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

It gets better....

Oh good lord..

She hasn't even started on it because she lost the slip, and was helping other people instead of working on my order.

You would be better off buying the materials, driving to a development, and asking a framer to cut what you got

Did that many times in the name of good will with the neighbors (I was the framer cutting for them, in case that wasn't clear)

Also of note: Hand the guy $20 and he'll probably be offended. Hand the same guy a 30 pack of Miller High Life (>$20) and he'll probably be your new best friend

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Home depot just gave me everything for free.

Took almost 2 hours but it's about $50 worth of wood.. So I guess $25 an hour isn't bad.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You could buy a saw for around a yard and a half, new. Or for maybe half that at a pawn shop or estate sale.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
You could buy a saw for around a yard and a half, new. Or for maybe half that at a pawn shop or estate sale.

I've been investing in the M18 platform slowly but surely.

I think you (all) are right.

I need to just suck it up and buy a circular saw.

This should probably be in the bad news/good news thread :-p

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Then it’ll be, ‘well, I lost a part of my pinky today…”

:wink05:

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good luck making a straight cut with a regular circular saw if you don't have experience with one. Remember to cut on the right side of the line too.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

It gets better....

Oh good lord..

You would be better off buying the materials, driving to a development, and asking a framer to cut what you got

Did that many times in the name of good will with the neighbors (I was the framer cutting for them, in case that wasn't clear)

Also of note: Hand the guy $20 and he'll probably be offended. Hand the same guy a 30 pack of Miller High Life (>$20) and he'll probably be your new best friend

My memory is fucked but I still remember asking stupid shit like 'Nails? Wouldn't screws be better?'.... :ROFLMAO:
I thought about it afterwards and I was like.. 'WTF was I thinking? Houses are built with nails, and he makes his living nailing shit together, he probably knows a thing or two'... :bigsmile:

I overthink things sometimes, and pass simple shit, like nailing, right on by....

That's why I always ask for help/opinions... I get stuck overthinking, and usually end up with the most complex, convoluted, genius level IQ design.... and someone comes up and is like 'Hey, you know you can just duct tape that, right?' or some equivalent shit and I'm just like..... :whatthe:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Then it’ll be, ‘well, I lost a part of my pinky today…”

:wink05:

We can start a club!

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Good luck making a straight cut with a regular circular saw if you don't have experience with one. Remember to cut on the right side of the line too.

20 years ago, with a corded Craftsman saw that I swear weighed 20lbs.

T square and triangle never failed me.... it's how I learned about the kerf.... the hard way...

It's also how I learned that a motherfucking 2"x4" piece of wood isn't actually 2"x4", unless you get the expensive shit..... :cussing:

I think they're down to 1.5"x3.5" now..

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
usrifle wrote:

T square and triangle never failed me.... it's how I learned about the kerf.... the hard way...

It's also how I learned that a motherfucking 2"x4" piece of wood isn't actually 2"x4", unless you get the expensive shit..... :cussing:

They have been 1.5" by 3.5" for at least 40 years.

I was a framer back in the day. "Triangle"? You mean a speed square? Just wait in line at HD, save yourself some grief.

You won't find a true 2x4 unless you talk to Old growth and he cuts you some on his Mill. Making straight cuts on a sheet of OSB with a circular saw?

Yeah, it's possible if you have the skills.

Cheat...use a straight edge guide. Good luck finding a straight piece of lumber for that though.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why is a 2x4 not 2x4…

https://thediyplan.com/why-is-a-2x4-not ... -4-inches/

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
usrifle wrote:

They have been 1.5" by 3.5" for at least 40 years.

I was a framer back in the day. "Triangle"? You mean a speed square?

You know, the thing, that does the thing with the thing....

I had one of these that was like 3' long....

Attachment:
wavht-385_0.jpg

and both of these....

Attachment:
IMG_6935-min-1.png

But 90% of my cuts were tape measure, square off with triangle 'thing' and mark it, then double check with tape measure again to make sure it was right length..

My sawhorses were made out of plastic too... I didn't know any better.. heh.

Quote:
Just wait in line at HD, save yourself some grief.

That's kinda the idea. I only have wood projects like once every couple years.... BUT, with the build I'm planning for the WeenieWagun, I need to work on my skills anyway.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1795, 1796, 1797, 1798, 1799, 1800, 1801 ... 1909  Next