Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260 ... 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not having a Garand of my own.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon May 20, 2019 5:01 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

jukk0u wrote:

And who's fault is that..... :bigsmile:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Mon May 20, 2019 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nitro_Guns wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

And who's fault is that..... :bigsmile:

When there is a nice on for sale here on the board right now... :wink05:

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Mon May 20, 2019 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
TW, you heard this from a few different people: Help yourself first.

I don't think anyone is dismissing all of the various issues that you're facing at the moment. What I believe they're saying, and is exactly what I thought the minute I read your original post, is that you should prioritize getting stability back into your daily life -- getting a steady-paying job, getting a stable roof over your head, etc. If you need to worry about where you're going to park tonight, or whether your $350 insurance bill is going to get paid or not, then it makes it hard to go address the peripheral issues related to friends, family and community.

I'm a concrete pillar, I can handle so much, and make it look effortless.....but at some point, after weight keeps getting added, cracks start to form, and if you get a big enough crack, a catastrophic/cascade failure can occur.

Right now, I have no means to decompress, and weight keeps getting added... and I don't wanna start self medicating with alcohol or anything else because that never ends well, and I don't really drink anyway, so.. :bigsmile:

Most people have shit to do to relax, I have just enough time on my hands to worry about everything constantly.

I think declaring bankruptcy will solve most of my immediate problems.... My monthly expenses would drop to less than $200

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
MadPick wrote:
TW, you heard this from a few different people: Help yourself first.

I don't think anyone is dismissing all of the various issues that you're facing at the moment. What I believe they're saying, and is exactly what I thought the minute I read your original post, is that you should prioritize getting stability back into your daily life -- getting a steady-paying job, getting a stable roof over your head, etc. If you need to worry about where you're going to park tonight, or whether your $350 insurance bill is going to get paid or not, then it makes it hard to go address the peripheral issues related to friends, family and community.

I'm a concrete pillar, I can handle so much, and make it look effortless.....but at some point, after weight keeps getting added, cracks start to form, and if you get a big enough crack, a catastrophic/cascade failure can occur.

Right now, I have no means to decompress, and weight keeps getting added... and I don't wanna start self medicating with alcohol or anything else because that never ends well, and I don't really drink anyway, so.. :bigsmile:

Most people have shit to do to relax, I have just enough time on my hands to worry about everything constantly.

I think declaring bankruptcy will solve most of my immediate problems.... My monthly expenses would drop to less than $200

You need to take care of yourself first my Friend, make yourself the priority. After that you can worry about others and their issues. You have to come first in your situation for own good.

It's easy for others to armchair your situation, most of us don't live it from our comfortable Homes. Look into some of the community services offered in Federal Way, i hope there are some you can take advantage of.

Your Heart is in the right place, now get your head in that place too.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 20, 2019 11:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

......and the city put a tow notice on my legally parked vehicles, citing a law that doesn't apply, which states that vehicles can't be left unattended for more than 24 hours AND they must make efforts to call the owner. DOL has my #, and when I called PD, they said they 'don't have time' to call me...

Great, so, basically 'fuck the law, we'll tow your shit anyway'.

Real smart people I'm dealing with.... turn me into a criminal, see how well that works out.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue May 21, 2019 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Angry and frustrated ventings are one thing man, but some things you say start to border on manifesto level. I am genuinely sorry you're in another shitstorm. Making veiled threats against LE will never help your cause though.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue May 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Got my car diagnosed, the crank is moving a lot. So I had to buy a new engine, found a used one for 4,600. Not bad for a car that isnt even 2 years old yet.

For what I've spent I could have a forged bottom end, big ass turbo and upgraded fuel system. Could have had one of the fastest current model gti's in the area making 600hp. I did score a downpipe so I'll go stage 2 tune so I'll pick up 40ish hp, and the shop will be installing a meth/water kit that should be good for another 40ish. So it will make about the same power as throwing a golf R turbo on it. The car should run a low 12-high 11 making 380hp and 430ftlbs

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue May 21, 2019 4:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Angry and frustrated ventings are one thing man, but some things you say start to border on manifesto level. I am genuinely sorry you're in another shitstorm. Making veiled threats against LE will never help your cause though.

Commentary ≠ threat

Edit: When they lump me in with 'those people', ie heroin addicts, thieves, etc they're 'turning me into a criminal'..

I've been doing shit for them and the community, that would obviously stop if they keep pulling stupid shit like this.

Hence the 'see how well that works out for them', when they piss off/treat like shit someone who has been helping them.

Ever heard 'don't bite the hand that feeds you'?

But thanks, for assuming I'd go on some shooting spree or blow some shit up because they illegally threatened to tow my truck.... Glad you think so highly of me...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Tue May 21, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 21, 2019 4:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Got my car diagnosed, the crank is moving a lot. So I had to buy a new engine, found a used one for 4,600. Not bad for a car that isnt even 2 years old yet.

For what I've spent I could have a forged bottom end, big ass turbo and upgraded fuel system. Could have had one of the fastest current model gti's in the area making 600hp. I did score a downpipe so I'll go stage 2 tune so I'll pick up 40ish hp, and the shop will be installing a meth/water kit that should be good for another 40ish. So it will make about the same power as throwing a golf R turbo on it. The car should run a low 12-high 11 making 380hp and 430ftlbs

A 2 y/o car isn't under warranty?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue May 21, 2019 4:59 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:

It has a tune so they deny it

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue May 21, 2019 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Shit. Can you remove the tune? You shouldn't be tossing an engine unless you removed the rev limiter and kept banging it hard....

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue May 21, 2019 5:06 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Crank thrust? So endplay is too much?

Makes sense when you're using a heavier than stock clutch that they won't warranty the engine.

You HAVE to disconnect the "clutch down to start" switch or its going to happen again.

Think of it this way....over time with the engine off the crank has dripped dry..ish . You press it down shoving the crank forward and then start . It rotates how many revolutions before it gets oil fed?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue May 21, 2019 5:11 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Shit. Can you remove the tune? You shouldn't be tossing an engine unless you removed the rev limiter and kept banging it hard....
it's always going to seen by a tech when they hook the car up. The thrust bearings failed because I put a dumbass twindisk clutch on it, found out they use a.mega stiff pressure plate so the weakest part was found.

Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 pm

WaJim wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Crank thrust? So endplay is too much?

Makes sense when you're using a heavier than stock clutch that they won't warranty the engine.

You HAVE to disconnect the "clutch down to start" switch or its going to happen again.

Think of it this way....over time with the engine off the crank has dripped dry..ish . You press it down shoving the crank forward and then start . It rotates how many revolutions before it gets oil fed?

I got rid of the twindisk for a much less aggressive clutch with a really nice pedal stiffness

Tue May 21, 2019 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260 ... 1909  Next