Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1737, 1738, 1739, 1740, 1741, 1742, 1743 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My new bike fell over, snapping the tip of a $180 brake lever. Not the entire assembly, just a the damned lever!
Little bit of a downhill slope at the shop and rolled right off the kickstand while I stoop there and watched it. At first I laughed thinking there's the cost of a full tank of fuel in the bike to replace a lever...
Looking like I'll be going cheap Chinese adjustable and foldable levers for 1/4 the cost of gold plated Euro lever..

Sun May 15, 2022 11:10 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Sinus211 wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
LATERALLY, every time I take my gun fund to 0, or negative, one on my list has to immediately be listed for a fair price. Fuuuuuuck!

So this would be a bad time to list one of my Coonans for sale... :bigsmile:

How many you got ?

Three

Trade you a threaded 22lr Rossi for one…

Yeah...NO...
I have plenty of 22 lever guns.
That one was just already threaded.

I have to let you win once and awhile.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Sun May 15, 2022 12:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I might be down for a Coonan...hmm...

Sun May 15, 2022 6:24 pm

Just got pulled over today going on my daily beer run.... I kinda thought it was going to happen - a cruiser pulled out in front of me in front of the court house - cool, no big deal - but then a saw the unmarked Explorer pull in behind me.... Followed me thru a couple of turns at lights and lit me up as I pulled into RiteAid..... "Do you know your tabs are expired? Like.... in 2020?".... I played dumb... After checking out my license and ins he said 'I could write you a $200 ticket..... but I'm feeling generous, so if you get your tabs before the end of the month and email me proof I'll let you off with a warning'....

I thought I'd take that as a win and NOT point out that they are not supposed to use tabs as a primary reason to pull you over OR point out that I've been protesting Jay and Bob for not honoring our voting in $30 tabs..... Talking with the manager at RA and told her about it... she said she heard that they have dropped the tabs as a primary reason thing just recently....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon May 16, 2022 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just take it as a win and buy the Tabs. You got off easy. If you argued it, you likely would have gotten that 200 dollar ticket.
Daily Beer run? Are you just buying a couple at a time? Just buy a case and save the Gas money from the daily beer runs, you will be money ahead.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 16, 2022 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Just take it as a win and buy the Tabs. You got off easy. If you argued it, you likely would have gotten that 200 dollar ticket.
Daily Beer run? Are you just buying a couple at a time? Just buy a case and save the Gas money from the daily beer runs, you will be money ahead.

He may drink a case a day.

Mon May 16, 2022 4:28 pm

No..... only a sixer. I know the dangers of having more than six beers in the house on any given day.... no good decisions happen after five beers. Its less than a five mile round trip and I'm usually heading to the post office or a grocery store anyways.... I could walk it, but the beer would be gone before I got home --- and then I'd get ticketed for peeing in someone's bushes.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon May 16, 2022 5:13 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Jill n Kamaltoe dont have the brains to stuff a sock in idiot Joeys Gob.

......the fuk?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon May 16, 2022 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like any other day,

Woke BS. Trying to force us to accept a 3rd fantasy genital that does not exist, and the crap being forced on our kids.

Mon May 16, 2022 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:
Like any other day,

Woke BS. Trying to force us to accept a 3rd fantasy genital that does not exist, and the crap being forced on our kids.

I like you. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 16, 2022 10:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

usrifle wrote:
WitchyWoman wrote:
Like any other day,

I like you. :bow:

Yep, lets all stop the "we playin make beleive" Bullshit.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue May 17, 2022 12:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fedex.

KS -> TN -> Seattle -> Tacoma -> Seattle -> TN

'Delivery on time - scheduled today'

RRiiiiggggghhhtttttt....

'2 day shipping'... It's been 5.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue May 17, 2022 7:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, there's a recovering addict I've been friends with for a while...almost a decade... She's trying to get her kid back but dealing with depression and all the shit that goes with it... I've been trying to help get her back on her feet, but she insists on blaming everyone for everything. She tried to kill herself about a month ago, so I figured she needed some help, and with that in mind, I went out of my way to try and get her back on the right path.

I know she needed money so I 'hired' her to help clean/move some stuff, which wasn't complete, and she ended up drinking ALL 3 of my bottles of rum I had. A 5th will lasts me like six months because I might have a rum and coke like 2x a month.. She polishes off 3 bottles in 2 days, then tries to hide it. Whatever. People fuck up. I end up paying her $200 more as an excuse to try and help her than for the amount of work done.

I drove her kid from N. Tacoma to Tumwater, twice in the past month. Went shopping for groceries for her and her kid, using the Winco gift cards I had gotten to help others... and she complained about the food I got her... So, 3 round trips.... with gas at $4/gallon..

She needed a job... so I took her to an interview, where she aced it.... $23/hr with guaranteed raise after 60 days.. Holy shit. Nice. She's set, right? Nope. Needs a food handlers card.. so I pay the $$ for that, and make sure she's got what she needs for work... I asked her if there was anything else she needed, and she said no, so I dropped her off at her apartment.. Next day .. 'I need shoes'... So I drive back down there... we get shoes and shirts... I drop her off for her first day of work... and I find out the bus route for her (which is free) and only about a 15 min ride. I give her $40 to get her until her first paycheck... to cover any incidentals.. or an emergency uber ride or whatever if they ask her to stay late past the times the bus run.

That night, she calls.... 'They want me to work late tomorrow, can you come get me after work?'....

Ummm... no.... she's an hour away... I'm not driving 2+ hours and burning $20 in fuel when you can ask one of the people there for a ride home, offer them some money, or get an uber with the money I gave you....

Nope. She refuses.. She 'doesn't want an uber'... and 'I'm not gonna embarrass myself by asking for a ride'... She then proceeds to flip out and say she's not going to go to work if she doesn't get a ride from me, then proceeds to try and blame me for everything, saying I'm selfish, only think about myself, blah blah blah..

Fuck you.

Seriously.

Fuck you.

I've easily spent over $500 and probably a good 10+ hours of driving in the past month... and she quits her job on day 2 because she can't get her way.

I fucking hate people.

I'm jaded as fuck for a reason.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue May 17, 2022 8:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
So, there's a recovering addict I've been friends with for a while...almost a decade... She's trying to get her kid back but dealing with depression and all the shit that goes with it... I've been trying to help get her back on her feet, but she insists on blaming everyone for everything. She tried to kill herself about a month ago, so I figured she needed some help, and with that in mind, I went out of my way to try and get her back on the right path.

I know she needed money so I 'hired' her to help clean/move some stuff, which wasn't complete, and she ended up drinking ALL 3 of my bottles of rum I had. A 5th will lasts me like six months because I might have a rum and coke like 2x a month.. She polishes off 3 bottles in 2 days, then tries to hide it. Whatever. People fuck up. I end up paying her $200 more as an excuse to try and help her than for the amount of work done.

I drove her kid from N. Tacoma to Tumwater, twice in the past month. Went shopping for groceries for her and her kid, using the Winco gift cards I had gotten to help others... and she complained about the food I got her... So, 3 round trips.... with gas at $4/gallon..

She needed a job... so I took her to an interview, where she aced it.... $23/hr with guaranteed raise after 60 days.. Holy shit. Nice. She's set, right? Nope. Needs a food handlers card.. so I pay the $$ for that, and make sure she's got what she needs for work... I asked her if there was anything else she needed, and she said no, so I dropped her off at her apartment.. Next day .. 'I need shoes'... So I drive back down there... we get shoes and shirts... I drop her off for her first day of work... and I find out the bus route for her (which is free) and only about a 15 min ride. I give her $40 to get her until her first paycheck... to cover any incidentals.. or an emergency uber ride or whatever if they ask her to stay late past the times the bus run.

That night, she calls.... 'They want me to work late tomorrow, can you come get me after work?'....

Ummm... no.... she's an hour away... I'm not driving 2+ hours and burning $20 in fuel when you can ask one of the people there for a ride home, offer them some money, or get an uber with the money I gave you....

Nope. She refuses.. She 'doesn't want an uber'... and 'I'm not gonna embarrass myself by asking for a ride'... She then proceeds to flip out and say she's not going to go to work if she doesn't get a ride from me, then proceeds to try and blame me for everything, saying I'm selfish, only think about myself, blah blah blah..

Fuck you.

Seriously.

Fuck you.

I've easily spent over $500 and probably a good 10+ hours of driving in the past month... and she quits her job on day 2 because she can't get her way.

I fucking hate people.

Please learn from this.

Tue May 17, 2022 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Fuck you.

Seriously.

Fuck you.

I fucking hate people.

Please learn from this.

I have some extremely close friends from another time in the military that are recovering/active addicts.
They must help themselves, only themselves. Give them a direction, advice and listen, but enabling gives them an out to fall when you don't meet their demands.
Took me a few times to realize that.

Tue May 17, 2022 9:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1737, 1738, 1739, 1740, 1741, 1742, 1743 ... 1908  Next