Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1739, 1740, 1741, 1742, 1743, 1744, 1745 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not naming names.

But when a liberal tree hugger complains about the rain... And the droughts...

Really?

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Wed May 18, 2022 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

“What has pissed you off today?”…

Not so much pissed, as saddened.

Watching the wife & family deal with the end-of-life phase of her mother.

Also, it brings back rough memories…

Fri May 20, 2022 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hang in there brother, you are her rock in this storm.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri May 20, 2022 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Hang in there brother, you are her rock in this storm.

Thanks.

My times were rough, too, but am very thankful that my experience can lighten her load.

Odd how these situations bring out the worst in some people…

Thanks for the thoughts…

Fri May 20, 2022 10:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

My condolences, duder.

As for myself, I was dealt another blow earlier this week. The company owner told me there'll be a restructuring in the near future. I'm the top dog on the driver payroll. I know what that R word means. He knows what's going on about my cousin in AZ. He is going to wait for it to resolve and then make his moves. The upside to all this is I'm not surprised and not butt-hurt since I know he has a business to operate and has to look out for his self first and foremost. It's been a pleasure working for him. All my coworkers behave like adults and there isn't any drama whatsoever. I actually enjoy showing up for work. I'll have a solid work reference. Anyway, the real upside is I'll be moving back to AZ sometime between August and the beginning of October. I already have a place to live and there are a ton of companies out there who are hiring and will be hiring during the massive economic downturn. Not so much the regular freight companies. It'll be the food service and fuel haulers doing the hiring. Those companies don't necessarily take just any lump of flesh with a pulse. Luckily for me, I have some years of experience in both. Since the Phoenix metro is my home turf, I definitely know my way around.

Most importantly I want to see my cousin before the inevitable happens. I was mistaken about the hospice situation. He's been placed on palliative care. Still rather grim but the longevity is a bit better. He served in the Army during OIF as a M1A2 Abrams crewman and driver. His cancer might be a result of what he may have been exposed to while in Iraq. His parents are on the ball about filling out the paperwork and getting the VA on it.

Sat May 21, 2022 5:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

My condolences, duder.

As for myself, I was dealt another blow earlier this week. The company owner told me there'll be a restructuring in the near future. I'm the top dog on the driver payroll. I know what that R word means. He knows what's going on about my cousin in AZ. He is going to wait for it to resolve and then make his moves. The upside to all this is I'm not surprised and not butt-hurt since I know he has a business to operate and has to look out for his self first and foremost. It's been a pleasure working for him. All my coworkers behave like adults and there isn't any drama whatsoever. I actually enjoy showing up for work. I'll have a solid work reference. Anyway, the real upside is I'll be moving back to AZ sometime between August and the beginning of October. I already have a place to live and there are a ton of companies out there who are hiring and will be hiring during the massive economic downturn. Not so much the regular freight companies. It'll be the food service and fuel haulers doing the hiring. Those companies don't necessarily take just any lump of flesh with a pulse. Luckily for me, I have some years of experience in both. Since the Phoenix metro is my home turf, I definitely know my way around.

Most importantly I want to see my cousin before the inevitable happens. I was mistaken about the hospice situation. He's been placed on palliative care. Still rather grim but the longevity is a bit better. He served in the Army during OIF as a M1A2 Abrams crewman and driver. His cancer might be a result of what he may have been exposed to while in Iraq. His parents are on the ball about filling out the paperwork and getting the VA on it.

Sorry to hear about your cousin.

Palliative Care has a number of layers of care, and many don’t always mean impending death.

One of the most common forms is just treating, and making comfortable, someone with a life-long illness.

Glad to hear his folks are on top of it.

With the way the medical systems are these days, both VA and mainstream, it’s more important than ever to be your own advocate.

Sat May 21, 2022 4:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

My condolences, duder.

Palliative Care has a number of layers of care, and many don’t always mean impending death.

One of the most common forms is just treating, and making comfortable, someone with a life-long illness.

With the way the medical systems are these days, both VA and mainstream, it’s more important than ever to be your own advocate.

damn eddie sorry to hear about your cousin, on the other hand atleast you got a plan in AZ

as NWgunner said get on that with the VA

Sat May 21, 2022 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

My condolences, duder.

damn eddie sorry to hear about your cousin, on the other hand atleast you got a plan in AZ

as NWgunner said get on that with the VA

Thanks y'all. The chemo treatment he was on wasn't working. The cancer has spread to his lymph nodes and he continues to unwillingly lose weight. He's been put on a more aggressive chemo regimen and it's fucking him up pretty good. He's determined to defeat this thing or at least cling to life for as long as possible, but the odds at this point aren't in his favor. He knows it but remains in high spirits regardless. He has 2 daughters to raise. Their bitch-whore-cunt mother gave up her parental rights a year ago. What kind of BWC does that? I gotta admit she fooled everybody, including me. She pretended for 9 years while they were married. Anyway, I talked to him last night while he was driving to his parent's cabin in Payson. His girls are smart as fuck. I could hear their conversation in the background. They're on a whole 'nother level. He's raising them well. I fear for what'll happen when he's no longer around to raise them. Hopefully one of his sisters or his younger brother takes them in so they don't become corrupt by their BWC mother.

The humidity in eastern PA is pissing me off. I'm so over it! I'm ready to step back in the hot, dry heat and make my skin tan again. I've become pasty over the years and burn way too easy. :ROFLMAO:

Sun May 22, 2022 3:01 am

Goddammit.... I was finishing up mowing and weedwhacking.... got the leaf blower out - out of gas - filled it up - put the gas can away and went back to start the blower...... picked it up ------ fuuuuuuck - I forgot to put the gas cap back on! 2 stroke gas all over my pants leg and shoe..... Had to fill it AGAIN...... Goddamn brain farts.... Now I have to go change out my jeans since all I smell is 2 cycle.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sun May 22, 2022 5:01 pm

Trying to correct three decades' "au-naturel landscaping" at the old house we're working on moving out of. Contractor's quote to kill the ivy and blackberries was over half the entire current assessed value of the property... :(

Looks like my work sessions have to pivot from asset removal to breaking out the hedge choppers... if I can start cutting the bushes down myself that may help prune the costs and get that AV up. (My mother's the type where she refuses to ever specify a budget and NO bid is EVER low enough... and unfortunately I basically have to handle all arrangements on literally everything except her own job for her.)

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sun May 22, 2022 5:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

headed out to Carbonado this morn for work, fig I'd stop at butter biscuit :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: their closed and now gonna be a fucking car lot

Sun May 22, 2022 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
Trying to correct three decades' "au-naturel landscaping" at the old house we're working on moving out of. Contractor's quote to kill the ivy and blackberries was over half the entire current assessed value of the property... :(

Looks like my work sessions have to pivot from asset removal to breaking out the hedge choppers... if I can start cutting the bushes down myself that may help prune the costs and get that AV up. (My mother's the type where she refuses to ever specify a budget and NO bid is EVER low enough... and unfortunately I basically have to handle all arrangements on literally everything except her own job for her.)

Maybe Oh!shoot has a goat you can borrow. :bigsmile:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun May 22, 2022 5:49 pm

jukk0u wrote:
Diamondback wrote:

Maybe Oh!shoot has a goat you can borrow. :bigsmile:

Some of the scum in the hood, I bet they'd try to turn the goats into lunch--and there'd be the matter of keeping them ONLY munching on the blackberries and not stuff on the porch.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 pm

cmica wrote:
headed out to Carbonado this morn for work, fig I'd stop at butter biscuit :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: their closed and now gonna be a fucking car lot

Pity... last time I passed through there they had great "classic fare," but of late their menu was turning into Weird Yuppie Stuff.

Sun May 22, 2022 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arrested?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sun May 22, 2022 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1739, 1740, 1741, 1742, 1743, 1744, 1745 ... 1908  Next