Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240 ... 1904  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
JEEEZUS F*CKING SHIT!!! can this fuckstain get any more retarted?? NOTMYGOV...........

https://q13fox.com/2019/04/22/gov-insle ... DTHi0VB-dE

That's pretty innocuous stuff there Chris. Their stated intent is to attract more women to hunting, and if it works, so much the better.

Wilson has been a pretty strong advocate for 2A, so if it gives her a Win and wind in her sails it's a good, no?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:53 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm with you on "fuckstain," Chris, but I do think that Jim has a valid point. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Lets just say...if the roles were reversed the headlines would have been way different, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton would be running their mouths and there'd be riots.

I thought it was odd race of the child wasn't mentioned when the story came out.

Not that it matters to me ....but it sure does to the MSM and Democrats when its reversed.

No mention of Hate Crime.

The Hypocracy is sickening.

Oh he threw a white kid off, what, 3 stories? Ain't got time for that fake news.

It's a lot worse than that.

He told police that he went to the mall that day to kill someone. And that he intentionally picked up the kid and threw him over the guardrail.

The news media is calling it an incident, or an accident.

It's fucking attempted murder. And the guy already admitted to it. Yet, the media still spends it like it was just some accidental thing.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I'm with you on "fuckstain," Chris, but I do think that Jim has a valid point. :bigsmile:

No, only in bed or concert!! stick with da damn orange! pretty soon your gonna want the damn unicorn which is just an just a plain fat rino.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, buckle in, this is going to be a long(ish) ride:

On the FOURTH of this month I sent payment for some fireplace mantle parts I needed milled and pre-finished. Sent the check by phone the way you young folks with your new-fangled "more efficient" ways are wont to do.

Hell yes it was efficient; they had the funds out of my account before I checked my next email... No "thank you"... and no confirmation we got it. I looked at my balance to see if payment went through.

At the time I ordered I asked the nice lady how long it would take to produce. "6 to ten days."

So in the meantime I did the sanding and the priming that needed done and then commenced to sitting on my hands to wait for the balance of the parts... Waited a full ten office/week days, I did. And close to the end of business on the 10th day I sent a email note to the nice lady:

"I know it's late in the day and you may not have the opportunity to check today to see about my part, but would you kindly do so, puh-leez, come Monday next?... I never got a confirmation or an invoice/order number from you, so I trust you will be able to look it up referencing my name. The check cleared on the 4th. Thank you, g'bye"

Monday, bright, I got a email response from the factory lady and a duplicate response from the nice saleslady: "It's ready! Will be here settin' by the door for ye so's you don't have to wait!"

So I picked it up. Came home and once the weather cleared (today) I dragged my table-y saw outside and commenced to cutting up my parts in preparation for installation AND to get me a small sample for the paint store guys to match so I could make other parts the same color as the new pre-finished ones...

Went to the Sherwin Williams store over to Bothell. It's the store that boasts of being the paint store of PROFESSIONALS... and they'z always buggin' me to come in so they can take care of my needs. So I goes ther.

Guv the guy my sample for him to match and asked him to make me an aerosol can of spray type painty-paint. He said, "sorry, old timer, we don't do that".

I said: "Hunh... the good ole Parker Paints that used to sit in this very building and served just fine until you guys bought them out, THEY used to make aerosol cans for a guy."

"Ok, then, make it brush on paint and may as well make it water based since I'm going to be disappointed anyway. Do you sell pints?"

"Nope, just quarts, for near $30 dawlirs" (I'm paraphrasing a bit)

"Ok. Guess I need a quart."

He levels a gaze at me and asks: "When do you want to pick it up?"

I explained that I was happy to wait for him to mix it and he says "Nope. It takes a DAY to mix a quart of painty-paint."

Now, I don't know if y'all have ever mixed paint. It's a laborious and time consuming process of extreme tolerances and precision. One has to wave the sample under the magical electric eye, wait about a whole ten seconds for the machine to spit out a formula and a base. Then you have to walk clear over to the shelf and pull down a whole quart of paint base, meticulously remove the lid, and add 3-to-5 DROPS of tint (of various and particular different hues) to the quart, re-seal the can and place it in a computerized machine, and shake it for 30 seconds to a minute.

But Sherwin Williams has distilled this process down to where this only takes a SINGLE DAY to achieve. Miracle of miracles. Buying a quart of paint has become a TWO day process.

So I come home and putter around the garage mumbling to myself how we are determined to import the "manana" philosophy of business el norte from our south and central American neighbors and how we're pretty far along on that process... when it occurs to me to see if in fact that's what the other guest workers over to the cabinet factory had done as well. So I dug out the paperwork from that transaction and scrutinize it a bit more closely only to find that my cabinet parts had languished in "Will Call" for four whole days!

Amazing. Yeah, I know... the content of this rant has nothing to do with guns (Pablo) other than to illustrate why I can't buy more of them due to the unnecessary suppression of my income due to the foot-dragging inefficiencies I have been encountering at the various houses of supply.

Rant over. I'm ready to be skewered by your critiques.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

jukk0u wrote:

No critique from me. I can deal with that stuff when it's shit that doesn't matter . . . like if my Palmetto order takes a month to get here.

But when your livelihood is on the line and you need to deal with that shit, it AIN'T OK. :angryfire:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

On the FOURTH of this month I sent payment for some fireplace mantle parts I needed milled and pre-finished. Sent the check by phone the way you young folks with your new-fangled "more efficient" ways are wont to do.

Hell yes it was efficient; they had the funds out of my account before I checked my next email... No "thank you"... and no confirmation we got it. I looked at my balance to see if payment went through.

At the time I ordered I asked the nice lady how long it would take to produce. "6 to ten days."

So in the meantime I did the sanding and the priming that needed done and then commenced to sitting on my hands to wait for the balance of the parts... Waited a full ten office/week days, I did. And close to the end of business on the 10th day I sent a email note to the nice lady:

"I know it's late in the day and you may not have the opportunity to check today to see about my part, but would you kindly do so, puh-leez, come Monday next?... I never got a confirmation or an invoice/order number from you, so I trust you will be able to look it up referencing my name. The check cleared on the 4th. Thank you, g'bye"

Monday, bright, I got a email response from the factory lady and a duplicate response from the nice saleslady: "It's ready! Will be here settin' by the door for ye so's you don't have to wait!"

So I picked it up. Came home and once the weather cleared (today) I dragged my table-y saw outside and commenced to cutting up my parts in preparation for installation AND to get me a small sample for the paint store guys to match so I could make other parts the same color as the new pre-finished ones...

Went to the Sherwin Williams store over to Bothell. It's the store that boasts of being the paint store of PROFESSIONALS... and they'z always buggin' me to come in so they can take care of my needs. So I goes ther.

Guv the guy my sample for him to match and asked him to make me an aerosol can of spray type painty-paint. He said, "sorry, old timer, we don't do that".

I said: "Hunh... the good ole Parker Paints that used to sit in this very building and served just fine until you guys bought them out, THEY used to make aerosol cans for a guy."

"Ok, then, make it brush on paint and may as well make it water based since I'm going to be disappointed anyway. Do you sell pints?"

I explained that I was happy to wait for him to mix it and he says "Nope. It takes a DAY to mix a quart of painty-paint."

Now, I don't know if y'all have ever mixed paint. It's a laborious and time consuming process of extreme tolerances and precision. One has to wave the sample under the magical electric eye, wait about a whole ten seconds for the machine to spit out a formula and a base. Then you have to walk clear over to the shelf and pull down a whole quart of paint base, meticulously remove the lid, and add 3-to-5 DROPS of tint (of various and particular different hues) to the quart, re-seal the can and place it in a computerized machine, and shake it for 30 seconds to a minute.

But Sherwin Williams has distilled this process down to where this only takes a SINGLE DAY to achieve. Miracle of miracles. Buying a quart of paint has become a TWO day process.

So I come home and putter around the garage mumbling to myself how we are determined to import the "manana" philosophy of business el norte from our south and central American neighbors and how we're pretty far along on that process... when it occurs to me to see if in fact that's what the other guest workers over to the cabinet factory had done as well. So I dug out the paperwork from that transaction and scrutinize it a bit more closely only to find that my cabinet parts had languished in "Will Call" for four whole days!

Amazing. Yeah, I know... the content of this rant has nothing to do with guns (Pablo) other than to illustrate why I can't buy more of them due to the unnecessary suppression of my income due to the foot-dragging inefficiencies I have been encountering at the various houses of supply.

I wonder if the guy who helped you has been told by the manager NOT to mix paint, because maybe he sucks at it, even as easy as it is. Or maybe the manager is the kind of person who micro-manages everything, and has decided only one person can mix the paints.

Something of that nature.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

I wonder if the guy who helped you has been told by the manager NOT to mix paint, because maybe he sucks at it, even as easy as it is. Or maybe the manager is the kind of person who micro-manages everything, and has decided only one person can mix the paints.

Home Depot mixes while you wait still

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Right there with you brother

I’m trying to get trusses made for my house. One truss company was so incompetent that I reached out to two others

Now I’m dealing with three groups of incompetent people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by RocketScott on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:

Enrique has been there at least 6 months. I would imagine that to be ample time to learn how to mix paint

Eagle Chaplain wrote:
Home Depot mixes while you wait still

The big reason for going to SW is their electronic do-hickey that allows them to match colors very well. Does HD have a similar gizmo?

FJB

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All I got from your rant was your use of made up words. Still with the "hunh"?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People have been using that expression since you were shitting yellow, younker.

FJB

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Does HD have a similar gizmo?

They do

Had them match my cabinets so I could paint some base trim. Lady at the counter guessed semi gloss and I thought semi flat, or whatever is bellow semi gloss. My guess was right but I bet hers would have been passable. Looks dead on for color and sheen to me now

Had it ready by the time I walked down to get a plumbing part and walk back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Amazing. Yeah, I know... the content of this rant has nothing to do with guns (Pablo) ....

So, it's all my fault? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That does suck.

When I bought my gallon of Ben Moore exterior to match, it was $65. I let out a gut punch yelp. But it was done by the time I had all my other stuff. Ace in Duvall.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:37 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Incompetence...in Washington? The mere thought boggles the mind!

Lowes does a HORRIBLE job of paint matching, but it may be operator error at the location I visit.

Sherwin-Williams...interesting. When I had my house painted last fall, the kid used S-W paint. Wondering if he waited forever for matching and mixing.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240 ... 1904  Next