Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1293, 1294, 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298, 1299 ... 1316  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Selador wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
25 y.o. dishwasher on the fritz. Water filler valve t.u. No longer available. Shiite.

Sell a gun?.... hand wash dishes from now on?... hmmm

What's the problem?

Buy her a different kind of water filler...

Serious answer... DIY.

Do what, myself? Wash? Been.

Finally found an old/new stock part. on order.

If it has a valve. Valve breaks. You can't find a new valve. (Yes, I know you have now. I'm just answering the question. :bigsmile: )

Replace the valve with some other kind of valve. DIY means figure out a way to make something else work.

Cut out the old one, and figure out a way to solder in something new that you can hook a different kind of valve to. That sort of thing...

Holy... must think I'm smart or something! I only just recently figured out how to use a multi-meter to test continuity.

"I love Girl Scout Crack!" ~ usrifle

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Selador wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Selador wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
25 y.o. dishwasher on the fritz. Water filler valve t.u. No longer available. Shiite.

Sell a gun?.... hand wash dishes from now on?... hmmm

What's the problem?

Buy her a different kind of water filler...

Serious answer... DIY.

Do what, myself? Wash? Been.

Finally found an old/new stock part. on order.

If it has a valve. Valve breaks. You can't find a new valve. (Yes, I know you have now. I'm just answering the question. :bigsmile: )

Replace the valve with some other kind of valve. DIY means figure out a way to make something else work.

Cut out the old one, and figure out a way to solder in something new that you can hook a different kind of valve to. That sort of thing...

Holy... must think I'm smart or something! I only just recently figured out how to use a multi-meter to test continuity.

Jeff's right. An intake solenoid valve from nearly any dishwasher or washing machine would work. As long as you match up the plumbing fittings which are pretty universal, hook up the 2 wires to the ones on the machine and you're golden.

I might have one laying around out in my garage. Want me to go look?

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selling the family van. HUGE PITA....damned people.....

It's like selling cars goes really easy or just shit buyers.........never in the middle....

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a Special Hell for beancounters that spec cheap, thin toilet paper for public restrooms...

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bxc53 wrote:
There is a Special Hell for beancounters that spec cheap, thin toilet paper for public restrooms...

I could care less how thin it is. It's the ones that fight back that piss me off. You know you're in trouble when you open the door, and there is a pile of little scraps on the ground.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some Pig Fucker in Mukilteo stole my kids car this afternoon.

Mike in Wa wrote:
Since Juk always takes D.

Hal O'Peridol wrote:
Too many seeds in my weed.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

WTF?

That sucks!

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bxc53 wrote:

I'm thinking...they're thinking that the thin will work in 90% of applications.

A Shart..?

Well.

Not so much :ROFLMAO:

Mike in Wa wrote:

Hal O'Peridol wrote:

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
WaJim wrote:

WTF?

That sucks!

92 Civic tailgate Hatch....red

The thieves parked another stolen civic next to his when they stole his.

The owner of the other car said it didnt look like they hurt anything....lots of trash inside. The other civic was stolen two days ago.

So if they follow MO...My kid will get his car back monday.

Mike in Wa wrote:

Hal O'Peridol wrote:

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bxc53 wrote:

Amen.

What is the possible cost savings given that people literally just use 2 - 3x as much? It's so aggravating that it is so thin it just tears every few panels.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Bxc53 wrote:

Amen.

What is the possible cost savings given that people literally just use 2 - 3x as much? It's so aggravating that it is so thin it just tears every few panels.

Similar pet peeve. What about electronic paper towel dispensers that dispense single, short sheets too small to actually dry your hands. Then make you wait 15-20 seconds for the next sheet to dispense :cussing:

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Bxc53 wrote:

Amen.

Similar pet peeve. What about electronic paper towel dispensers that dispense single, short sheets too small to actually dry your hands. Then make you wait 15-20 seconds for the next sheet to dispense :cussing:

Pro tip for slow/stingy towel dispensers. After drying fingertips on the first sheet...

Give the next sheet a quick, light, even tug on both sides simultaneously. Not all, but most will immediately reset and shit out another sheet without the timed reset. It takes a little practice to get it right, but after that you'll rarely be stuck waiting.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Selling the family van. HUGE PITA....damned people.....

It's like selling cars goes really easy or just shit buyers.........never in the middle....

Turned out OK. The guy came from Covington. People wanted to come from Spokane. People from B-ham, M-ville, places south I never heard of, Yakima. WTF????? No lady I am not gonna give you a break because you have to pay for child care to LOOK at a car. A couple guys, 100% Spanish language. I don't care but mostonly Eng speakers would not have replied. I know enough. And no I am not negotiating before you arrive. No I won't take $1500 for a very clean, perfectly maintained, smooth running van with under 150K asking $2500. No, not $2000. $2500.

ONE guy showed up with his BIL. Had a family. Just arrived. Since he showed, wanted the van. I let it go $2300.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Bxc53 wrote:

Amen.

Pro tip for slow/stingy towel dispensers. After drying fingertips on the first sheet...

Give the next sheet a quick, light, even tug on both sides simultaneously. Not all, but most will immediately reset and shit out another sheet without the timed reset. It takes a little practice to get it right, but after that you'll rarely be stuck waiting.

Sweet!!! Thanks for the advice Rockhopper :bow:

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
RockHopper wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Bxc53 wrote:

Amen.

Sweet!!! Thanks for the advice Rockhopper :bow:

Paper towels????

You gots a shirt and pants on, dontcha?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

The problem with being on social media, is that you know too many people that you don't know.

Joy is not a feeling. It is a strength. Some people are stupid, that's all there is to it. (And sometimes that stupid person is me/you.) Sometimes you just have to let stupid people be stupid. Don't let stupid steal your joy.

Holding onto unforgiveness and resentment is like drinking poison and expecting that other person to die. Anger will eat you up.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 19739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1293, 1294, 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298, 1299 ... 1316  Next