Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298, 1299, 1300, 1301 ... 1907  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Weddings are a damn racket. Banquet permit. Venue insurance. 20% fee to the planner if you choose their florist, caterer, alcohol server, etc....it doesn't end.

That’s a fact. Hope you get in under $50K!

I paid 30k for my first HOUSE!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

As you may have noticed, I'm already super-bitchy about the whole Comcast TV thing.

So she scheduled the Comcast technician to come today, since we needed cable run to a room that didn't have it . . . because yeah, we apparently "need" another TV, too. The schedule window that she chose partially overlapped with her lunch date with a girlfriend, so this meant that I sat here for two hours wasting my time, babysitting the Comcast guy. That's aggravation #1.

In order to get the cable to the other room, he had to run it from one side of the house to the other. "I'll need to run it through the crawl space." OK, fine.

Aggravation #2 was when I walked around the house with him at the end of the vist and saw this:

That's the little screened window between the crawl space and the outdoors. Emphasis on "screened" -- so critters don't get in, right?! He was going to put silicone on the hole where he drilled through the siding to run the cable in, so I asked him if he could do something about that hole in the screen, too. He went sideways on the explanation of why he had to do that, yadda yadda yadda . . . fuck it. "Ok, fine." Obviously it wasn't going to get better.

So I cut up a piece of T-shirt material to fit over the hole and the cable, smeared a bunch of silicone on it and pressed it over the hole:

It ain't pretty, but nobody's going to see it anyhow, and I think it'll work.

I fucking hate this project.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dumbass could have drilled a half inch hole a couple of inches left or right of the vent, snaked the cable thru and caulked around it.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
As you may have noticed, I'm already super-bitchy about the whole Comcast TV thing.

So she scheduled the Comcast technician to come today, since we needed cable run to a room that didn't have it . . . because yeah, we apparently "need" another TV, too. The schedule window that she chose partially overlapped with her lunch date with a girlfriend, so this meant that I sat here for two hours wasting my time, babysitting the Comcast guy. That's aggravation #1.

In order to get the cable to the other room, he had to run it from one side of the house to the other. "I'll need to run it through the crawl space." OK, fine.

Aggravation #2 was when I walked around the house with him at the end of the vist and saw this:

That's the little screened window between the crawl space and the outdoors. Emphasis on "screened" -- so critters don't get in, right?! He was going to put silicone on the hole where he drilled through the siding to run the cable in, so I asked him if he could do something about that hole in the screen, too. He went sideways on the explanation of why he had to do that, yadda yadda yadda . . . fuck it. "Ok, fine." Obviously it wasn't going to get better.

So I cut up a piece of T-shirt material to fit over the hole and the cable, smeared a bunch of silicone on it and pressed it over the hole:

It ain't pretty, but nobody's going to see it anyhow, and I think it'll work.

I fucking hate this project.

This story gets better and better! :bigsmile:

There's a term for how you're acting, Steve... sounds something like puppy-whissed...? er.... pippy whussed.... hmmmm ... let's just go with "Someone is wound tightly around someone else's little-est digit." :wink05:

Wow. (love ya, brother, really!) :wagwoot:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Female persuasion whipped?

He's acting like someone teased him with a freshly baked cake and wouldn't let him have any.
:popcorn:

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's ghetto as hell. I would have cut an aluminum can and used fender washers............ :ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :bow:

My alarm installer was worse. Punched a hole in the drywall like 4' high and ran a wire than could have been in the base board. Lazy asses.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

That's the little screened window between the crawl space and the outdoors. Emphasis on "screened" -- so critters don't get in, right?!

That is absolutely ridiculous.

He could have gone down to the bottom corner of the screen, and cut out just one tiny "cross" in the screen, and put the cable through. Would not have even needed to patch up any hole, or use any silicone.

Attachment:
cable hole.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is standard procedure for Comcast... Worked in pest control, and that is always an entry point. As an aside, silicone on a rag won't stop them either...

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:52 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pablo wrote:
That's ghetto as hell.

:ROFLMAO: True dat.

laneends wrote:
That is standard procedure for Comcast... Worked in pest control, and that is always an entry point. As an aside, silicone on a rag won't stop them either...

:frust:

Yeah, I suppose they can chew through it if they want to. Guess I should have just threaded some wire back and forth to patch it up?

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That would work, or better yet a small piece of metal screen, attached with wire/liquid nails

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

get some new hardware cloth, cut it to the same size as the overall rectangle, slit the mesh so you can push the wire to the bottom and then apply the new patch over the entire thing...?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I may just wait inside with some .22 birdshot, and wait for the fuckers to try to breach.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jeez crips WTF is that steve. I'd call his managers ass out with a pic of this and say make it right.....GHETTO as fuck

as selador said the left corner would have looked a hell of alot better.

of you need a small piece of metal screen let me know

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:44 pm

The tie down cover on my rear bumper decided that 140 mph wind was more than it could handle

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I may just wait inside with some .22 birdshot, and wait for the fuckers to try to breach.

Shit just got serious.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298, 1299, 1300, 1301 ... 1907  Next