Switch to full style
General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: What has pissed you off today?

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 am

Arisaka wrote:
Pablo wrote:Weddings are a damn racket. Banquet permit. Venue insurance. 20% fee to the planner if you choose their florist, caterer, alcohol server, etc....it doesn't end.

That’s a fact. Hope you get in under $50K!

I paid 30k for my first HOUSE!

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:13 pm

As you may have noticed, I'm already super-bitchy about the whole Comcast TV thing.

So she scheduled the Comcast technician to come today, since we needed cable run to a room that didn't have it . . . because yeah, we apparently "need" another TV, too. The schedule window that she chose partially overlapped with her lunch date with a girlfriend, so this meant that I sat here for two hours wasting my time, babysitting the Comcast guy. That's aggravation #1.

In order to get the cable to the other room, he had to run it from one side of the house to the other. "I'll need to run it through the crawl space." OK, fine.

Aggravation #2 was when I walked around the house with him at the end of the vist and saw this:

That's the little screened window between the crawl space and the outdoors. Emphasis on "screened" -- so critters don't get in, right?! He was going to put silicone on the hole where he drilled through the siding to run the cable in, so I asked him if he could do something about that hole in the screen, too. He went sideways on the explanation of why he had to do that, yadda yadda yadda . . . fuck it. "Ok, fine." Obviously it wasn't going to get better.

So I cut up a piece of T-shirt material to fit over the hole and the cable, smeared a bunch of silicone on it and pressed it over the hole:

It ain't pretty, but nobody's going to see it anyhow, and I think it'll work.

I fucking hate this project.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:20 pm

Dumbass could have drilled a half inch hole a couple of inches left or right of the vent, snaked the cable thru and caulked around it.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:25 pm

MadPick wrote:As you may have noticed, I'm already super-bitchy about the whole Comcast TV thing.

So she scheduled the Comcast technician to come today, since we needed cable run to a room that didn't have it . . . because yeah, we apparently "need" another TV, too. The schedule window that she chose partially overlapped with her lunch date with a girlfriend, so this meant that I sat here for two hours wasting my time, babysitting the Comcast guy. That's aggravation #1.

In order to get the cable to the other room, he had to run it from one side of the house to the other. "I'll need to run it through the crawl space." OK, fine.

Aggravation #2 was when I walked around the house with him at the end of the vist and saw this:

That's the little screened window between the crawl space and the outdoors. Emphasis on "screened" -- so critters don't get in, right?! He was going to put silicone on the hole where he drilled through the siding to run the cable in, so I asked him if he could do something about that hole in the screen, too. He went sideways on the explanation of why he had to do that, yadda yadda yadda . . . fuck it. "Ok, fine." Obviously it wasn't going to get better.

So I cut up a piece of T-shirt material to fit over the hole and the cable, smeared a bunch of silicone on it and pressed it over the hole:

It ain't pretty, but nobody's going to see it anyhow, and I think it'll work.

I fucking hate this project.

This story gets better and better! :bigsmile:

There's a term for how you're acting, Steve... sounds something like puppy-whissed...? er.... pippy whussed.... hmmmm ... let's just go with "Someone is wound tightly around someone else's little-est digit." :wink05:

Wow. (love ya, brother, really!) :wagwoot:

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:28 pm

Female persuasion whipped?

He's acting like someone teased him with a freshly baked cake and wouldn't let him have any.
:popcorn:

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:34 pm

That's ghetto as hell. I would have cut an aluminum can and used fender washers............ :ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :bow:

My alarm installer was worse. Punched a hole in the drywall like 4' high and ran a wire than could have been in the base board. Lazy asses.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:51 pm

MadPick wrote:As you may have noticed, I'm already super-bitchy about the whole Comcast TV thing.

That's the little screened window between the crawl space and the outdoors. Emphasis on "screened" -- so critters don't get in, right?!

That is absolutely ridiculous.

He could have gone down to the bottom corner of the screen, and cut out just one tiny "cross" in the screen, and put the cable through. Would not have even needed to patch up any hole, or use any silicone.

cable hole.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:52 pm

That is standard procedure for Comcast... Worked in pest control, and that is always an entry point. As an aside, silicone on a rag won't stop them either...

Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:03 pm

Pablo wrote:That's ghetto as hell.

:ROFLMAO: True dat.

laneends wrote:That is standard procedure for Comcast... Worked in pest control, and that is always an entry point. As an aside, silicone on a rag won't stop them either...

:frust:

Yeah, I suppose they can chew through it if they want to. Guess I should have just threaded some wire back and forth to patch it up?

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:10 pm

That would work, or better yet a small piece of metal screen, attached with wire/liquid nails

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:12 pm

get some new hardware cloth, cut it to the same size as the overall rectangle, slit the mesh so you can push the wire to the bottom and then apply the new patch over the entire thing...?

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:17 pm

I may just wait inside with some .22 birdshot, and wait for the fuckers to try to breach.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:44 pm

jeez crips WTF is that steve. I'd call his managers ass out with a pic of this and say make it right.....GHETTO as fuck

as selador said the left corner would have looked a hell of alot better.

of you need a small piece of metal screen let me know

Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:18 pm

The tie down cover on my rear bumper decided that 140 mph wind was more than it could handle

Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:21 pm

MadPick wrote:I may just wait inside with some .22 birdshot, and wait for the fuckers to try to breach.

Shit just got serious.
Post a reply