Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:08 am


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 23394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1541, 1542, 1543, 1544, 1545, 1546, 1547 ... 1560  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 4374
The way I understand the law, you could not shoot him in this situation. However, If he physically touched you or took a swing, you could legally beat the crap out of him.

Do I have this right? What say you non-lawyers?


Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:04 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bow
Joined: Tue Apr 2, 2013
Posts: 1651
Real Name: Phill
Arisaka wrote:
Do I have this right? What say you non-lawyers?


I say they can only arrest you if they know something happened.

Draw your own conclusions.

_________________
Sinus211 wrote:
Z66 and I still fuck on the regular.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....


Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:05 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Parkland
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Posts: 1681
Real Name: Jeremy
Showing remarkable restraint is a sign of good character. What people like that cannot fathom, is that restraint is only brave because it's difficult. Restraint and self-discipline are practices that someone of that nature despises because they are too weak to summon any themselves. Utterly despicable selfishness.

Mercy is rarely deserved, and never free. Selflessness is an expensive emotional burden that builds strength of will.

_________________
.
Sheep resent the watchdog not because he is a dog, but rather, because they are sheep .


Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:58 pm
Profile
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
User avatar
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Location: Tacoma, Washington
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014
Posts: 6725
Arisaka wrote:
The way I understand the law, you could not shoot him in this situation. However, If he physically touched you or took a swing, you could legally beat the crap out of him.

Do I have this right? What say you non-lawyers?
I agree. However, at less than six feet away and him aggressing toward me, I wasn’t about to wait to be ready.

_________________
BLACK HAMMER ARMS
1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/


Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Faxon, OK
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011
Posts: 15207
Real Name: Chuck
Call 911 and shoot.

_________________
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
"Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux


Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:23 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Auburn, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 15428
Real Name: Rick
Whenever the cops show up and ask, "What happened to him?"
The standard answer is: "I think he fell down."

_________________
Beyond pissed :angryfire:

I do have good days but Washington State is becoming a shithole faster than I can loose money at a casino.


Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:44 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 4374
AR15L wrote:
Whenever the cops show up and ask, "What happened to him?"
The standard answer is: "I think he fell down."

Several times.


Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:52 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 42199
Real Name: Steve
dreadi wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
The way I understand the law, you could not shoot him in this situation. However, If he physically touched you or took a swing, you could legally beat the crap out of him.

Do I have this right? What say you non-lawyers?
I agree.


I disagree. If it's reasonable to believe that you or the people you're with are under threat of grave bodily harm or death, you can shoot.

Now, what does that mean, exactly? You need to decide in the specific situation, when you're there. I agree, in Dana's situation it doesn't sound like the criteria was met. But if the other guy goes hands-on, then I think some judgment calls needs to be made. I do not believe that if the other guy is "only" using fists, shooting is never justified.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:13 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14060
Real Name: John
MadPick wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
The way I understand the law, you could not shoot him in this situation. However, If he physically touched you or took a swing, you could legally beat the crap out of him.

Do I have this right? What say you non-lawyers?
I agree.


I disagree. If it's reasonable to believe that you or the people you're with are under threat of grave bodily harm or death, you can shoot.

Now, what does that mean, exactly? You need to decide in the specific situation, when you're there. I agree, in Dana's situation it doesn't sound like the criteria was met. But if the other guy goes hands-on, then I think some judgment calls needs to be made. I do not believe that if the other guy is "only" using fists, shooting is never justified.


This...unless you are vastly Physically outmatched and the attacker has a weapon, or a verbal threat of death has been made during the attack, it probably would not end well for the shooter.
Especially these days. Just ask Kyle Rittenhouse.

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:20 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Parkland
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Posts: 1681
Real Name: Jeremy
Kyle's story isn't over. Fer petes sake... don't wish the fast lady on him already!

_________________
.
Sheep resent the watchdog not because he is a dog, but rather, because they are sheep .


Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:49 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 4374
As I understand the law, it doesn’t matter whether YOU feel you are in mortal danger. What matters is if a hypothetical REASONABLE PERSON would conclude their life was in mortal danger. The jury gets to answer that question


Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:01 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 42199
Real Name: Steve
Arisaka wrote:
As I understand the law, it doesn’t matter whether YOU feel you are in mortal danger. What matters is if a hypothetical REASONABLE PERSON would conclude their life was in mortal danger. The jury gets to answer that question


Agreed. I just wanted to make the point that the criteria is vague like that, and isn't specific as to what the other person needs to be doing in order to justify lethal force.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:08 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Downtown Newcastle
Joined: Sat Mar 5, 2016
Posts: 2905
Real Name: Traut
usrifle wrote:
MadPick wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
The way I understand the law, you could not shoot him in this situation. However, If he physically touched you or took a swing, you could legally beat the crap out of him.

Do I have this right? What say you non-lawyers?
I agree.


I disagree. If it's reasonable to believe that you or the people you're with are under threat of grave bodily harm or death, you can shoot.

Now, what does that mean, exactly? You need to decide in the specific situation, when you're there. I agree, in Dana's situation it doesn't sound like the criteria was met. But if the other guy goes hands-on, then I think some judgment calls needs to be made. I do not believe that if the other guy is "only" using fists, shooting is never justified.


This...unless you are vastly Physically outmatched and the attacker has a weapon, or a verbal threat of death has been made during the attack, it probably would not end well for the shooter.
Especially these days. Just ask Kyle Rittenhouse.


Old, crippled, emphysema, COPD, asthma, jock itch, I'm afraid I'm not waiting until I get punched until I at least clear leather, and if there isn't an immediated de-escalation, ammo will quickly be converted into loud noise. Don't get me wrong, I'll always take every other avenue of retreat or other alternative but if getting beat with my cane doesn't deter some asswipe, they are likely to leave the encounter with more holes than they entered.

Glad you came out alright Dana. Must have been intense. Hard for me to imagine you losing your vast amount of cool.

_________________
I always thought growing old would take a lot longer.....

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:13 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: The circus
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011
Posts: 12494
Real Name: SpongeMonkey
People have been killed with a single punch, or single push.

BUT, one must be able to articulate a reasonable fear.

_________________
The only good cat is a stir-fried cat
cmica wrote:
love me some dicks


Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:27 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: In my Cave
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013
Posts: 3307
Real Name: Jim Sr.
MadPick wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
The way I understand the law, you could not shoot him in this situation. However, If he physically touched you or took a swing, you could legally beat the crap out of him.

Do I have this right? What say you non-lawyers?
I agree.


I disagree. If it's reasonable to believe that you or the people you're with are under threat of grave bodily harm or death, you can shoot.

Now, what does that mean, exactly? You need to decide in the specific situation, when you're there. I agree, in Dana's situation it doesn't sound like the criteria was met. But if the other guy goes hands-on, then I think some judgment calls needs to be made. I do not believe that if the other guy is "only" using fists, shooting is never justified.


I’m too old to run or fight but too young to die from an ass kicking.... I’ll be protecting myself fearing for my life...

_________________
Since Clint went full retard I’ll no longer use his quotes!!!!

"You are either with us...as Americans. Or, You are against us. There is no IN BETWEEN." ???

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:


Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:56 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1541, 1542, 1543, 1544, 1545, 1546, 1547 ... 1560  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TechnoWeenie, usrifle, vic_b and 68 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.863s | 17 Queries | GZIP : Off ]