Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 War on Cash Ramps Up 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Think the Federal Government has too much control over your personal finances? And that big banks aren't complicit in exerting this control? This isn't good for liberty minded people as it would cede total control over the means to exist (eat, sleep, clothe oneself, buy guns and ammo...)

EVERY transaction will be scrutinized, taxed, harvested for fees and interest if cash goes away. Have an unpopular opinion about the way things are governed? Oooops! Your account balance is suddenly zero and "we" need to freeze the assets, just for a while, to get a proper accounting, sir...

"Visa's head of global merchant solutions, said in a statement. "We have an incredible opportunity to educate merchants and consumers alike on the effectiveness of going cashless."

An opportunity...heheheh, to re-indoctrinate...er um...educate merchants and consumers alike on the advantage to Us...er well, on the effectiveness of going cashless....

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07/15/Visa-offers-500K-for-eateries-to-stop-accepting-cash/2291500133004/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=10

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I already use my credit card for 98% of my transactions . . . and the remaining 2% is a real pain in the ass.

I agree there's some risk in not being able to put your hands on your money, but it sure would be convenient to get rid of that green shit, and especially the coins. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

okay, so you don't care to ponder the deeper aspects of ceding control over your life to banks and ravenous government... let me hit you where you do think:

Credit costs anywhere from 2-5% of each transaction charged to the merchant who uses Visa/MC/AmEx etc.

DO you think that that percentage is merely absorbed by the merchant? Of course not. It is passed on to you in the form of higher retail pricing.

How much do you spend in a year? How much is 3% of that figure that just evaporates so you don't "have to" carry a coin purse?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Well, I already use my credit card for 98% of my transactions . . . and the remaining 2% is a real pain in the ass.

I agree there's some risk in not being able to put your hands on your money, but it sure would be convenient to get rid of that green shit, and especially the coins. :bigsmile:

I could help you out. I'll come by once a week to collect your unwanted coins.
thumbsup

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just mail me all that unwanted cash - it doesn't even make good toilet paper.

I have a few uses for it though.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:18 pm

jukk0u wrote:
okay, so you don't care to ponder the deeper aspects of ceding control over your life to banks and ravenous government... let me hit you where you do think:

Credit costs anywhere from 2-5% of each transaction charged to the merchant who uses Visa/MC/AmEx etc.

DO you think that that percentage is merely absorbed by the merchant? Of course not. It is passed on to you in the form of higher retail pricing.

How much do you spend in a year? How much is 3% of that figure that just evaporates so you don't "have to" carry a coin purse?

The only places that really charge more if you use a card are gas stations and gun stores, the stores that don't charge extra add the user fee to everyone. So it's whatever. If you don't like it go live off the land, it is what it is.

The only time I use cash is when I buy a gun, buying something from a private seller, or one of the rare places that is cash only. I would like it if we had a cashless system, the only cash I really have on hand is 20 bucks in my wallet in case a gas stations card system is down and 500 bucks in my safe if there is a storm and the power goes out for a week.

I don't worry about the government stealing my money, then again I don't fear everything.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, I understand that I'm paying a few percent more for everything, whether it's obvious or not . . . but like I said, I already do the vast majority of my transactions this way, and I'm doing fine.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm thinking you may want to change your name from "Madpick" to "Myopic".

(Sorry, I'm pretty passionate about this subject, and I'm also an asshole that can't pass up an opportunity to poke fun at someone.)

FJB

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cash is only good for paying cabinet guys for illegal under the table labor so they can hide income from their ex wives.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

jukk0u wrote:
I'm thinking you may want to change your name from "Madpick" to "Myopic".

(Sorry, I'm pretty passionate about this subject, and I'm also an asshole that can't pass up an opportunity to poke fun at someone.)

:thumbsup2:

I'm good with it . . . and I concede that I'm prioritizing convenience here.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I accept cash.

Last year they were talking about killing the $100 bill.

Study what India is currently doing - man if that's not a power grab, I don't know what is.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Without cash they control you and track you. They want single payer health insurance, they want to get people off wells and septics and out of their cars. You are easy to control when you are reliant on the government. Marxism is great!

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And what happens when you can't buy or sell because you own guns?

Or because of your religious preferences?

Or because some unknown 'official' put you on a "No Buy" list with no reason given, no right or means to object legally, etc...

Can we say black market?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Government and banks already have too much control over your future.

Government by virtue of taxation waste, steal, and pork barrel money for reelection, and always spend badly well in excess of actual revenue.

We go to jail for trying to do shit like that, but government is not held accountable.

Banks making hard rules for creditors, but insulating themselves from over leveraged 100 to one investment errors - if the bank goes tits up, you were a " share holder ", not a customer with your money on deposit. If they fuck up, their mistake becomes your bill.

Too fucking bad, you should have read the fine print.

The Constitution clearly states that only Congress has the power to mint and administer coin, or money.

The FED, that slimy group of banking overlords, got their noses into the money tent with Bretton Woods in the thirties, and we have been slaves to government and banks ever since.

Currency is faith based paper now - print to infinity - digital just cuts costs to print, and puts even more control over your life into the hands of government and banks - really bad actors, historically speaking.

Money used to be backed by tangible gold and silver, and there had to be reserves equal to the money in circulation, so that you could at any time convert your token paper cash into real money at any bank.

By law, that was the deal. Now, we got derivatives, credit default swaps, massive deficits, and a shaky hold on the position of being the world reserve currency.

Anything rocks that boat, world reserve currency status goes away, debt crashes value, inflation goes bat shit crazy, and America is gonna make Venezuela and Zimbabwe look like a garden party for the wealthy.

Any moderate to severe financial event can push us right over the edge, and there have been a lot of big defaults going on lately - Puerto Rico, Illinois, Detroit, Connecticut, CALPERS, Dallas pensions, and more.

Do yourself a favor - invest some of your funny plastic or paper money into useful commodities.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:54 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Selador wrote:
And what happens when you can't buy or sell because you own guns?

I'm thinking at that point we stop being polite and start taking.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next