Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:47 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040 ... 1550  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weird being back in the hood ! Traffic still sucks in WA state! We went from dodging deer Fri morning to dodging millennium idiots on the freeways!

We took a short 4 day trip to fetch riding lawnmower, wagon, big screen TV and attended a grad party for our neighbors daughter, watched our boys play mens league lacrosse, then raced back to MT on Monday to finish off our volunteer work. Our last day hosting is Thusday.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
...Steve is all off work Toilet Engineer and Jacy is all Northwest rugged.....Dentist.

Yah. Steve, you know I love you, but please stop with taking Jacy out to play in 80+ year old planes. May I suggest mah jongg or Scrabble or...chess? Something nice and quiet and safe. Took me 20-odd years to find a good dentist, and if you up and get him killed I will be less than pleased. That Stratoliner that crashed off of Alki in 2002 springs to mind every time I look at that picture.

In other news, Sam celebrated his 18th birthday yesterday--25 June. He met me at Bellevue City Hall Tuesday morning on my way home from work, we went to the offices of the Police Department, and he applied for his CPL. He'd already gone online to register to vote. Somehow registering to vote online doesn't quite carry the gravitas of registering to vote in person, but whatever, the sense of duty and privilege and responsibility that comes with exercising one's right to vote are all still extant.

After City Hall, he drove with me to Bloodworks Northwest and we gave blood. The boy, who has beautiful huge veins and type O negative blood, has been donating since the day after his 16th birthday (the day after only because his 16th fell on a Sunday) and is closing in on his two gallon pin. In comparison, his mother has sh*tty little "rolling" veins buried under layers of scar tissue from years of donation, meaning that he spent a good half an hour Wednesday morning chilling in the Bloodworks Northwest Bellevue canteen area, drinking soda and eating Doritos (see? he is a real teenager) while technologists fussed with the tubing and needle to eke out a unit of my blood.

On the other hand, I have a 20 gallon pin, so there's that. It's kind of cool, Bloodworks in maybe the past year has started to notify donors of where there blood is used, if it is used as a whole unit (as opposed to being fractionated into packed RBC's, plasma, and platelets). No patient identifying information, just the name of the facility and the date of use. Sam has a little map he made up sometime his junior year, with pins showing where his blood--being O neg, it's almost never fractionated--has been used.

I wasn't able to take him out for a birthday dinner myself--work interfered--so I gave him money to take his gf, who is leaving Saturday bound for Taiwan on her way to Vietnam, out for a proper celebration. She's freaking adorable, maaaaybe 5' and 100 lbs. to his 6'2" and 220 lbs., and she's bloody brilliant. We'll go out again on Friday with his brothers, aunt, uncle, cousins and with M.'s mother and father, and possibly M., if she's not too knackered.

Anyway. It's a thing, to watch your son, your baby, help another woman into his vehicle (the 4Runner) properly--well, maybe not so much, since Sam pretty much scooped her up and lifted her into her seat; she was in heels and having difficulty with the step thingy. Seeing a manifestation of everything you ever taught your son about chivalry and being a good man, all coming into play in one instant.

One down, two more to go. Thank you, WaGunners, for sharing in my joy these past two weeks.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:
usrifle wrote:
...Steve is all off work Toilet Engineer and Jacy is all Northwest rugged.....Dentist.

Yah. Steve, you know I love you, but please stop with taking Jacy out to play in 80+ year old planes. May I suggest mah jongg or Scrabble or...chess? Something nice and quiet and safe. Took me 20-odd years to find a good dentist, and if you up and get him killed I will be less than pleased. That Stratoliner that crashed off of Alki in 2002 springs to mind every time I look at that picture.

In other news, Sam celebrated his 18th birthday yesterday--25 June. He met me at Bellevue City Hall Tuesday morning on my way home from work, we went to the offices of the Police Department, and he applied for his CPL. He'd already gone online to register to vote. Somehow registering to vote online doesn't quite carry the gravitas of registering to vote in person, but whatever, the sense of duty and privilege and responsibility that comes with exercising one's right to vote are all still extant.

After City Hall, he drove with me to Bloodworks Northwest and we gave blood. The boy, who has beautiful huge veins and type O negative blood, has been donating since the day after his 16th birthday (the day after only because his 16th fell on a Sunday) and is closing in on his two gallon pin. In comparison, his mother has sh*tty little "rolling" veins buried under layers of scar tissue from years of donation, meaning that he spent a good half an hour Wednesday morning chilling in the Bloodworks Northwest Bellevue canteen area, drinking soda and eating Doritos (see? he is a real teenager) while technologists fussed with the tubing and needle to eke out a unit of my blood.

On the other hand, I have a 20 gallon pin, so there's that. It's kind of cool, Bloodworks in maybe the past year has started to notify donors of where there blood is used, if it is used as a whole unit (as opposed to being fractionated into packed RBC's, plasma, and platelets). No patient identifying information, just the name of the facility and the date of use. Sam has a little map he made up sometime his junior year, with pins showing where his blood--being O neg, it's almost never fractionated--has been used.

I wasn't able to take him out for a birthday dinner myself--work interfered--so I gave him money to take his gf, who is leaving Saturday bound for Taiwan on her way to Vietnam, out for a proper celebration. She's freaking adorable, maaaaybe 5' and 100 lbs. to his 6'2" and 220 lbs., and she's bloody brilliant. We'll go out again on Friday with his brothers, aunt, uncle, cousins and with M.'s mother and father, and possibly M., if she's not too knackered.

Anyway. It's a thing, to watch your son, your baby, help another woman into his vehicle (the 4Runner) properly--well, maybe not so much, since Sam pretty much scooped her up and lifted her into her seat; she was in heels and having difficulty with the step thingy. Seeing a manifestation of everything you ever taught your son about chivalry and being a good man, all coming into play in one instant.

One down, two more to go. Thank you, WaGunners, for sharing in my joy these past two weeks.

:thumbsup2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow! Wonderful update, glockgirl. I love hearing these fun details! Thanks for sharing.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

glockgirl wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Applied for his CPL, on his 18th birthday? That doesn’t add up.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

glockgirl wrote:
That Stratoliner that crashed off of Alki in 2002 springs to mind every time I look at that picture.

Heh heh . . . I couldn't remember what kind of airplane it was, but I kept thinking about that crash before we took our flight. icon_eek

And I agree about losing a great dentist. The only reason I was willing to risk it is because I was there with him. :ROFLMAO:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MassiveDesign wrote:
Applied for his CPL, on his 18th birthday? That doesn’t add up.

You're right, it doesn't. I left out the part about his not being able to obtain one. Came out with a lot of pamphlets. Also a bit upset. I had left him while I attended to business elsewhere in the building. He and I both thought the age was 18. Apologies.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nailed the interview. Starting work at the local hardware store Monday morning.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:44 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Got a great deal on an Ar. Ran into kcoop at sound loan and had a great chat. Super nice guy. Then went to Cabelas and waited an hour for my number to be called at the gun counter.

What made my day is the cabelas guy looked in the computer and saw 2 sku codes for the TC/R22 I was buying. So he went in back and brought out 2 boxes. 1 box only had the rifle. The other box had the rifle, sling, soft case, and a red dot. The package with all the extras was selling for the exact same price as the bare rifle “while supplies last.” Cabelas guy said he was going to set one of the packages aside so he could get one too.

Hell of a deal. Great customer service. Good people. 2 new guns.

Damn right it was a good day!

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Got a great deal on an Ar. Ran into kcoop at sound loan and had a great chat. Super nice guy. Then went to Cabelas and waited an hour for my number to be called at the gun counter.

What made my day is the cabelas guy looked in the computer and saw 2 sku codes for the TC/R22 I was buying. So he went in back and brought out 2 boxes. 1 box only had the rifle. The other box had the rifle, sling, soft case, and a red dot. The package with all the extras was selling for the exact same price as the bare rifle “while supplies last.” Cabelas guy said he was going to set one of the packages aside so he could get one too.

Hell of a deal. Great customer service. Good people. 2 new guns.

Damn right it was a good day!

I remembered reading about this...

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... ter-tcr22/

Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:
That Stratoliner that crashed off of Alki in 2002 springs to mind every time I look at tha picture.

Hey, everybody walked (paddle, swam) away from that one! The poor plane and the guys that spent the thousands of hours to restore it are the ones my heart went out to. They got it up and going again :thumbsup2: .

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:

Congrats ! :thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:

Thank you. Definitely helps that one of my references actually ended up working there, so he could tell the managers about how great I am in person. :ROFLMAO:

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:

Thank you. Definitely helps that one of my references actually ended up working there, so he could tell the managers about how great I am in person. :ROFLMAO:

Great, now you're gonna get him fired, TOO!!!

:ROFLMAO:

Just kidding!

Glad your outta the moving gig....I know that was awhile ago, but everyone gets hurt at some point doing that...

Good luck!

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ironically, I adored moving. Best job I ever had, in fact. But yeah, I`m glad I am no longer contributing money to the sick son of a bitch who owned the place (PM for deets).

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040 ... 1550  Next