Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1045, 1046, 1047, 1048, 1049, 1050, 1051 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:
Also found out the manager is a retired Sheriff, and wants to learn to shoot better.

Does that worry anyone else?

You should be at the range on a "Park ranger" day! Its pretty entertaining at first and then very frustrating!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:
Also found out the manager is a retired Sheriff, and wants to learn to shoot better.

Does that worry anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ROFLMAO:

He described that during qualifications he rated slightly above average, but he wants to be "Good or Better than."

Most LEs get very little time to train, many have to provide their own ammo and lane fees for anything over the "reqs". Many would rather do anything else than train at a public range with a bunch of folks who may not be as safe as they think. Hell, officer in Florida (surprised?) last week was killed in a sanctioned training session with other LEO's. Good on your guy for correct mindset.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:09 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

After 11 months. She’s finally home.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

:nicepif: when can I pick her up :thumbsup2:

Albert Einstein

Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Despite hurting my knee at work, I still had a mostly good day.

Also the habitual problem customer (same lady comes in once a week, complains about everything and wants the world on a platter) complained about dumbass to me. Glad I`m not the only one that sees how stupid that guy is.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Camping with my wife and kids. A lot of work to get ready, but feels great to get outside.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heading out to Louis Mueller BBQ this morning in Taylor, TX. One of the most highly rated BBQ joints in Texas. I'm drooling already thinking about the brisket and beef ribs :drool:
https://www.louiemuellerbarbecue.com/

Afterwards swinging by the Texas Beer Company for a brew.

Father-in-law visiting from Florida so we don't want him to head back home without sampling some outstanding Texas Q.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Waking up to this after a night of stress dreams (which I shouldn't be having!) made my morning!
Samsung Galaxy 8 Note picture.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Waking up to this after a night of stress dreams (which I shouldn't be having!) made my morning!
Samsung Galaxy 8 Note picture.

I still have stress dreams about work sometimes. Been retired 12 years

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:42 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Massivedesign wrote:

The more I read about those the more I like them. I’m assuming I’ll be extremely jealous of you after I try shooting one. Sweet pistol bud! Glad it’s finally out of jail!

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Delayed gratification is sweet :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I`m playing a part in rooting out a lazy worthless layabout at the new job. Bosses are loving it, so am I. Today was an eventful one if anybody wants the story.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:
I`m playing a part in rooting out a lazy worthless layabout at the new job. Bosses are loving it, so am I. Today was an eventful one if anybody wants the story.

Do tell. This should be good. :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It`s a bit long, but enjoy:

So for those that do not know, I work in a hardware store and have a complete asspie moron I have to work with most days. This guy is beyond stupid, he thinks he has authority but can`t explain why we do something, only how to do it. He`s been on my ass since I began there, thinking he has some kind of authority over me and pissing off everybody else in the store, even those not in my department. So with that in mind, enter today:

So I`m at work and all is well until the day comes almost to a close, when he is selected to take out the garbage (we use a rotational thing, I did it yesterday and so now its his turn). About 3 minutes after he goes to start it I get a call on my radio (we all use the same channel in the store. Literally every employee can hear everything you say if you`re using the mic).

“Fjord, can you please meet me at Register 6?“
"Yeah. What do you need?”
“Just meet me there”
“I`m on my way but what do you want me to do there?”
“Just meet me at Register 6”

I show up and he asks me to grab him a single garbage bag from under the paint desk (halfway across the store).

I laugh and leave.

A few minutes later I get called by J, one of the managers, who tells me that idiot somehow hurt himself taking out the trash and asked me to take over trash duty. I say sure and ask the guys at the front if anybody`s seen him, so I know where the garbage can is to begin
they say they haven`t seen a thing, but I find it soon after
he cleaned one register and “hurt himself.”

He left
a RAZOR KNIFE
open

on the ground
in the public walking space

next to a section of hose that was cut in half
and a garbage can

So I put the blade away and pocket it, and get back to work. He calls me AGAIN on the radio asking if I have seen his knife.

"Yup.”

By this point I`m at the greenhouse, on the opposite side of the (exceedingly long) building. I leave it with one of the cashiers, telling her if he asks I gave it to her for safekeeping. I finish up there and get to the offices, where the administrative shit goes down, and P, the de facto head of operations on the floor and second to the owner himself asks what he wanted me for so badly.

“He needed a single trash bag.”
Her jaw drops, legitimately. No act, it actually drops and she stutters out “Seriously? You`re kidding!”
“Afraid not.”
Just then all our radios come back to life
“Slasher, don`t forget to grab the trash can in Aisle 34”
and by now Penny is outright infuriated, she goes “Does he think he`s your boss or something? How long has he been doing this?!?”

“Since I began. It happens though, y`know? I just try not to let it bother me.”
not to let it bother me.“
She`s still furious at him and leaves her office(!!!) while I continue with trash
that was the last I heard from him that day and he looked very solemn and sad walking out to his car.

While wrapping up in the breakroom I see J again, who is taking his 10 minute break and he chuckles and says he doesn`t understand why it takes "...Some people" 45 minutes to take out the trash when "I saw you doing it yesterday, Fjord, and with your knee all jacked up you still did it in 15 minutes!"

All in all...It was a great day.

Oh and Edit to add:
For Clarity, I hurt my knee the other day and probably shouldn`t be walking on it as much as I am but bills aren`t going to pay themselves.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Overheard on the radio at work today:

“Hey FJ, which aisle are you in? Are you available?

“34, what do you need?”

“Quick Question: What do you know about bugs?”

“Only what Starship Troopers taught me, Bob.”

“Perfect. Meet me in the Garden Center.”

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1045, 1046, 1047, 1048, 1049, 1050, 1051 ... 1551  Next