Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:33 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321, 1322 ... 1550  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Booked our Tickets to Maui for Halloween. We burned all our miles and paid a bunch too, but we are going first class. Wifey wanted to do that at least once, who was i to argue?
We celebrated with a couple Smashburger's, there will be more burger and less Steak for awhile though. icon_eek

Sounds great congrats on booking your trip to Maui and hope you have a great vacation!!! Wife and I are thinking to travel to Honolulu next year. She lived there several years as a kid. I have never been to Hawaii at all. Looking forward to some tuna or marlin fishing as well as just plain relaxing on the beach :thumbsup2:

Dave you are gonna love the fishing there!!! We went to Maui in 2011 (IIRC) and due to plane problems we had a 24 delay... Meaning that the day of rest and relaxation I had planned on before the fishing trip was gone so I went from the plane, to the condo and then straight to the boat. icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek
I boarded the BOOM BOOM II and in less than 2 hours I was into a 175# Marlin. It was an awesome excursion for my first time fishing there and we have talked about going again but not during the ChinaFlu crap.
The ride out.
Attachment:
First light 1.JPG

Attachment:
Me with the Prize 1.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well technically it was yesterday but we moved all the crap out of the shop and for the first time in 8 to 10 years that I have seen the back wall. We rearranged the stuff we’re going to keep which we put in the back and garage sale stuff is in the front. Payed for it today with being lazy & recuperating.

Attachment:
FC99DF4D-7B9D-49F4-8B42-A3876393E8A8.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This bad boy arrived yesterday and FINALLY mowed my field.

It was fun.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^ nice!

Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

It was fun.

I hope you broke in that cup holder!

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Pablo wrote:

It was fun.

I hope you broke in that cup holder!

If he didn't I'm taking a detour on my way to Deming tomorrow to steal his dog, take his wife out for a nice seafood dinner, and chug a beer in face just so he knows how men act!

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Booked our Tickets to Maui for Halloween. We burned all our miles and paid a bunch too, but we are going first class. Wifey wanted to do that at least once, who was i to argue?
We celebrated with a couple Smashburger's, there will be more burger and less Steak for awhile though. icon_eek

Sounds great congrats on booking your trip to Maui and hope you have a great vacation!!! Wife and I are thinking to travel to Honolulu next year. She lived there several years as a kid. I have never been to Hawaii at all. Looking forward to some tuna or marlin fishing as well as just plain relaxing on the beach :thumbsup2:

Dave you are gonna love the fishing there!!! We went to Maui in 2011 (IIRC) and due to plane problems we had a 24 delay... Meaning that the day of rest and relaxation I had planned on before the fishing trip was gone so I went from the plane, to the condo and then straight to the boat. icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek
I boarded the BOOM BOOM II and in less than 2 hours I was into a 175# Marlin. It was an awesome excursion for my first time fishing there and we have talked about going again but not during the ChinaFlu crap.
The ride out.

Wow nice fish!!! Thanks Caveman. We would have gone this year but similarly won't go near an airport till both my wife and i are fully vaccinated. I just got my 2nd shot this Tuesday though my wife is taking a wait and see approach first to determine if I grow any new limbs or deformities :bigsmile: We will definitely book a day marlin fishing out of Honolulu then when we make it there :thumbsup2:

I've been marlin fishing in the Dominican Republic where it's a short trip to deep water from shore and our party caught a 250lb blue marlin. Beautiful fish and lots of fight.

There's marlin in the Gulf too though have never been and understand that you need to travel a long ways out in the Gulf to the deep water. At the same time there is lots of great fishing in the saltwater estuaries or near shore which is more accessible.
We just recently took the grandkids fishing in shallow saltwater on Matagorda Bay between Houston and Corpus Christi. Their first time on a charter boat and they had a blast!!! The picture is our granddaughter Emily on the boat with the biggest catch of the day, a nice Black Drum. It was big enough the Captain helped her to reel it in and is also helping her hold it up for the picture, she got bragging rights that day for sure :thumbsup2:

Another location is the north shore of Puerto Rico with very close access to deep waters in the Puerto Rico trench. And PR recently liberalized their concealed carry laws and reciprocity with US states. So to my understanding you can take your carry gun and license there on vacation which is very different than all the sovereign Caribbean nations.

Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
usrifle wrote:

The ride out.

Wow nice fish!!! Thanks Caveman. We would have gone this year but similarly won't go near an airport till both my wife and i are fully vaccinated. I just got my 2nd shot this Tuesday though my wife is taking a wait and see approach first to determine if I grow any new limbs or deformities :bigsmile: We will definitely book a day marlin fishing out of Honolulu then when we make it there :thumbsup2:

I've been marlin fishing in the Dominican Republic where it's a short trip to deep water from shore and our party caught a 250lb blue marlin. Beautiful fish and lots of fight.

There's marlin in the Gulf too though have never been and understand that you need to travel a long ways out in the Gulf to the deep water. At the same time there is lots of great fishing in the saltwater estuaries or near shore which is more accessible.
We just recently took the grandkids fishing in shallow saltwater on Matagorda Bay between Houston and Corpus Christi. Their first time on a charter boat and they had a blast!!! The picture is our granddaughter Emily on the boat with the biggest catch of the day, a nice Black Drum. It was big enough the Captain helped her to reel it in and is also helping her hold it up for the picture, she got bragging rights that day for sure :thumbsup2:

Another location is the north shore of Puerto Rico with very close access to deep waters in the Puerto Rico trench. And PR recently liberalized their concealed carry laws and reciprocity with US states. So to my understanding you can take your carry gun and license there on vacation which is very different than all the sovereign Caribbean nations.

Indeed it was one of the best fishing trips I’ve ever had to date.
I’ve never been to South America and probably will never get there but from what I’ve heard it is an awesome place to catch fish. Even steelhead and Chinook can be caught in Chile of all places. LOL Alaska is my refuge now that my son is stationed in Kodiak.
I am a big proponent of getting kids out on the water to catch fish, it gives me great joy to see the smiles on their faces no matter how small or large the fish is that they reel in.

Good luck on your future adventures.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

If he didn't I'm taking a detour on my way to Deming tomorrow to steal his dog, take his wife out for a nice seafood dinner, and chug a beer in face just so he knows how men act!

Hahahahahahaha one thing about Bham/Lynden, etc even the produce markets have local GOOD beer in cans. The first few laps, no beer. Then, I got the hang of this, get me a beer!

Running a bit low on beer now................dammit.............oddly I have lost 12 pounds

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Hahahahahahaha one thing about Bham/Lynden, etc even the produce markets have local GOOD beer in cans. The first few laps, no beer. Then, I got the hang of this, get me a beer!

Running a bit low on beer now................dammit.............oddly I have lost 12 pounds

I talk q big game, but I'm down 22lbs since March 1. Had 2 beers with lunch. Only ones I'll have all weekend. Unfortunately seltzers are next to 0 carbs. So really, I'm mostly a giant vagina.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nobody likes giant vaginas

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:

Especially when you like me, hung like a stud field mouse.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Especially when you like me, hung like a Bull Squirrel.

FIFY

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally up about $50 on dogecoin. I also took the wife to a car show. (Missed the burnout competition)

Sat May 01, 2021 1:30 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

golddigger14s wrote:
Finally up about $50 on dogecoin. I also took the wife to a car show. (Missed the burnout competition)

Bro, hate to break it to you but Dodgecoin gonna take a shit.

Now, if it was Fordcoin?

:bigsmile:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat May 01, 2021 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321, 1322 ... 1550  Next