Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1357, 1358, 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotAMerc wrote:
I’m embarrassed to say it took me far longer than it should have to get that joke. Though I guess that’s a good thing?

That's probably a good thing

How about some specs?

Who makes that housing, looks 3d printed. The foot looks printed too. Hows it lock up with your mount? which mount are you using? Do you like unicorns?

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
NotAMerc wrote:
I’m embarrassed to say it took me far longer than it should have to get that joke. Though I guess that’s a good thing?

That's probably a good thing

How about some specs?

Who makes that housing, looks 3d printed. The foot looks printed too. Hows it lock up with your mount? which mount are you using? Do you like unicorns?
Housing and glass is from a company called nocturne industries. https://nocturnindustries.com
Tubes are 11769 Photonis tubes. Not the highest end but they work.
Yes the footing the housing and footing are 3D printed, everything seems tough as hell so far. They do now have metal mount plate as well. Mounting is tight, no wobble.

Attached on the side is my brand new COTI, a thermal imager that projects the image into the goggles so you get an overlay of night vision and thermal. Here’s an article that goes into far better detail about their capabilities. They where also significantly cheaper than what the article quotes. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/31/friday-night-lights-coti-clip-on-thermal-imager/

I’m really liking them so far. I just got them this week so will have to play with them more to determine more. They have a LEMO port so I can run a remote battery which will be handy with the COTI strapped to them. The plug is not in the greatest spot but it works so far.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been accumulating points in our corporate recognition/rewards program for the last three or four years and now have a pretty hefty sum of reward points :thumbsup2: Unfortunately our company transitioned from issuing pre-paid debit cards at that time to a new system providing a limited range of goods that you can redeem the points for. That's the bad.

Now for the good. I found you can cash in the points for Bass Pro Shops gift cards. I qualify for a total of $2200 in gift cards woohoo!!! May have some new guns in my future :party:

I'm thinking to pick up a 10/22 for my step daughter and husband. I've been eyeing the new Walther PDP full-size pistol and wouldn't mind a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt or 44 Magnum. Depends what they have in stock.

Not generally a fan of the gun buying experience at Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops but what the heck... It's free money!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
I've been accumulating points in our corporate recognition/rewards program for the last three or four years and now have a pretty hefty sum of reward points :thumbsup2: Unfortunately our company transitioned from issuing pre-paid debit cards at that time to a new system providing a limited range of goods that you can redeem the points for. That's the bad.

Now for the good. I found you can cash in the points for Bass Pro Shops gift cards. I qualify for a total of $2200 in gift cards woohoo!!! May have some new guns in my future :party:

I'm thinking to pick up a 10/22 for my step daughter and husband. I've been eyeing the new Walther PDP full-size pistol and wouldn't mind a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt or 44 Magnum. Depends what they have in stock.

Not generally a fan of the gun buying experience at Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops but what the heck... It's free money!!!

Boeing does that with award "Points" too. Nothing like getting a Cabela's card and buying a Gun with money provided by an anti gun Company. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

Boeing does that with award "Points" too. Nothing like getting a Cabela's card and buying a Gun with money provided by an anti gun Company. :bigsmile:

I hear you my brother :thumbsup2: Our chance to stick it to The Man lol

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Youngest says "Let's shoot shotguns" so we drag out the tosser and throw some clay pigeons.

Last time he was a bit small and shot 410. Thus time he grabbed his brother's 20 gauge and busted 10 in a row!

Time for the 12 gauge. Busted 5 in a row.

Started throwing doubles. Well, it was fun but he got tired and missed a bunch.

Good times!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Youngest says "Let's shoot shotguns" so we drag out the tosser and throw some clay pigeons.

Last time he was a bit small and shot 410. Thus time he grabbed his brother's 20 gauge and busted 10 in a row!

Time for the 12 gauge. Busted 5 in a row.

Started throwing doubles. Well, it was fun but he got tired and missed a bunch.

Good times!

That’s what life is all about, raising kids out in the country, teaching them how to do everything that they would need to survive and one of those things is shooting moving objects. Good on ya Spork!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:33 pm

Popped into Grocery Outlet again today -- damn, it really pays to stop in 2-3 times a week.... scored Smithfield breakfast sausage 1# rolls $1.99 each WITH a buy-one-get-one-free ---- so $2 for 2# of breakfast sausage!!!! Perfect for more meatloafs!!! Only had a five spot on me and wanted some other stuff too, so I'm planning on running back there tomorrow to grab two more.... I'm sure it will be perfectly good for breakfast too -- sausage gravy and poached eggs sounds really good now!

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Popped into Grocery Outlet again today -- damn, it really pays to stop in 2-3 times a week.... scored Smithfield breakfast sausage 1# rolls $1.99 each WITH a buy-one-get-one-free ---- so $2 for 2# of breakfast sausage!!!! Perfect for more meatloafs!!! Only had a five spot on me and wanted some other stuff too, so I'm planning on running back there tomorrow to grab two more.... I'm sure it will be perfectly good for breakfast too -- sausage gravy and poached eggs sounds really good now!

Oh Gawd, You had to mention biscuits and gravy and it’s now dinner time and I am craving biscuits and gravy!!!!
Well I know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow… :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:58 pm

I didn't even tell you about my score last week.... Pillsbury Grand Flaky HAWAIIAN biscuits 2/$1.... I only grabbed two, I wish I would have grabbed more -- for some silly reason I decided to get two rolls of 'Cinnamon Toast Crunch' sweet rolls --- those were really disappointing... I cooked up a roll last night (finally - since it was finally cool) to go with my meatloaf and they are freaking awesome!!!!!! Thats why I went back to GO to see if they had more... lots of other varieties, but no Hawaiian --- I'm going to keep checking....
Attachment:
20210801_191348.jpg

They are too good to waste with sausage gravy ---- they are going to made into meatloaf sliders!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad you enjoyed them, but lots of unhealthy stuff in those...

Oh well, we don’t live forever, right?

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:12 pm

We're all gonna die of covid variants anyways from what they tell us....

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got out on the bike today, felt good, but I'm tired.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been changed over to a different pay scale, and a new position.
They call it the "modernization of the shop foreman position"
I'm now the "problem solver"

AND
I'm pretty sure I've got the 1400 intruder fixed.

Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

That was a great deal, but who the hell goes to the Grocery Store with only 5 bucks?? Now you have to drive back to take advantage of that deal when i'm sure they have a Cash machine.

So what did you get with the other $2.80?

:popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1357, 1358, 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 1551  Next