Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 915, 916, 917, 918, 919, 920, 921 ... 1550  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

River otter spotted at my driveway bridge!

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

4 days at Frontsight Nevada done. Graduated the 4 day defensive handgun course. Had no expectations of that. Had a stellar day of shooting for the tests, and managed the malfunction drills satisfactorily. 2/3 of the class only received Achievement certificates and only 3 received the Distinguished Graduate certificate. 24 in my class. I’m feeling pretty good.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got the second wall framed on my reloading/gun room today. Man I'm not as young and agile as I used to be... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:
4 days at Frontsight Nevada done. Graduated the 4 day defensive handgun course. Had no expectations of that. Had a stellar day of shooting for the tests, and managed the malfunction drills satisfactorily. 2/3 of the class only received Achievement certificates and only 3 received the Distinguished Graduate certificate. 24 in my class. I’m feeling pretty good.

Congrats! Quite an achievement. As worried as you were, you should really be proud.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought my 6th Savage, an 1899H in 22 High Power, 1913. Should be here next week.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaGuns still here!!! :party:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally got a package from ebay. It took two weeks to get from MI to OK. It sat in OKC which is less than two hours away, for a week. Once again we are held hostage by the shippers transport our goods as they see fit. Let me guess hurricane Michael prevented it from getting from OKC to Lawton?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
Chains wrote:

Congrats! Quite an achievement. As worried as you were, you should really be proud.

Thank You! I was nervous before school, flat out scared the first day (Just due to how UN-Technical I didn’t know I was, if that makes sense), to cautiously optimistic, to flat-out confident.

I can’t say enough good things about this facility. It is TOP NOTCH.

Three instructors (Two Instructors and a Range Master) were some of the most patient and personable people I’ve ever met. They went above and beyond to teach AND have fun. We had a wide variety of students. From former military and IDPA shooters to women that could barely operate the pistols they brought (let alone hit a target). *On that subject- I was considering a Sig P938 for the wife. Not anymore. This poor woman fought that pistol the entire time. Not to mention the extra steps their process requires for manual safety/decocker model pistols but she got ALOT of practice on Emergency Reload Drills (5 round mags), Type 2 Malfunctions (Brass High/Stovepipe) and Type 3 Malfunctions (Brass Low/Double Feed). However, by the end, she was managing AND hitting targets. Never once did the instructors get her frustrated OR let her give up.*

EVERYone of us had a good time, laughed ALOT and learned ALOT.

My current level of membership has given me a few ‘Patriot’ level memberships to sell or give away. I’ll have to do a little research to find out just what that level of membership provides to the holder, but I will probably give those away in the next fundraiser or WaGuns raffle.

Again, I can not recommend this facility enough. Outstanding!

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally, after two months of packing and moving, I got a chance to go off and shoot. Felt great. Met a couple of great guys and made plans to shoot with them every week.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
Finally, after two months of packing and moving, I got a chance to go off and shoot. Felt great. Met a couple of great guys and made plans to shoot with them every week.

There is a shotgun range over there called sunnydell. My son and I took two days of lessons from Chuck Dryke, who sadly has passed away. A fine gentleman. His son Matt won an olympic gold medal in skeet. He was nice enough to show it to my son. If you want to shoot some clays, or learn how to shoot better, you might want to mosey your retired ass over there.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Isildur wrote:

There is a shotgun range over there called sunnydell. My son and I took two days of lessons from Chuck Dryke, who sadly has passed away. A fine gentleman. His son Matt won an olympic gold medal in skeet. He was nice enough to show it to my son. If you want to shoot some clays, or learn how to shoot better, you might want to mosey your retired ass over there.

Been coming over to shoot with Chuck (RIP), Matt & Ellen for decades. It's one of the reasons why I moved here.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Garage mushrooms. Yup, growing next to where I park the tractor. Ate then for dinner with my Sausage of the Month Club delivery that just happened to arrive moments after I noticed the mushrooms.

Tasty shaggy manes and sausages. And we didn't even have plans for dinner either.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:23 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Chains wrote:
Traut wrote:
Chains wrote:

Thank You! I was nervous before school, flat out scared the first day (Just due to how UN-Technical I didn’t know I was, if that makes sense), to cautiously optimistic, to flat-out confident.

Three instructors (Two Instructors and a Range Master) were some of the most patient and personable people I’ve ever met. They went above and beyond to teach AND have fun. We had a wide variety of students. From former military and IDPA shooters to women that could barely operate the pistols they brought (let alone hit a target). *On that subject- I was considering a Sig P938 for the wife. Not anymore. This poor woman fought that pistol the entire time. Not to mention the extra steps their process requires for manual safety/decocker model pistols but she got ALOT of practice on Emergency Reload Drills (5 round mags), Type 2 Malfunctions (Brass High/Stovepipe) and Type 3 Malfunctions (Brass Low/Double Feed). However, by the end, she was managing AND hitting targets. Never once did the instructors get her frustrated OR let her give up.*

My current level of membership has given me a few ‘Patriot’ level memberships to sell or give away. I’ll have to do a little research to find out just what that level of membership provides to the holder, but I will probably give those away in the next fundraiser or WaGuns raffle.

Is it fast paced and crammed with tons of information?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Chains wrote:
Traut wrote:
Chains wrote:

Is it fast paced and crammed with tons of information?

Not really. They don’t spend a bunch of time on redundant lectures. They teach it, you practice it, then you do it. They have a VERY tight timeline for curriculum. First two days the ranges (1-5) are very close together. They don’t want one group shooting while another groups trying to listen. Days 3-4 I was at range 33, which is quite a distance from the core facilities, that’s when things can loosen up a bit. That’s also where the shoot houses are. You get a brief lesson on clearing and entering doorways and then one run through the house. THAT was fun. But I believe it’s more of a tease to get you interested in the next level classes. End of day four is testing and some fun activities. Competitions (Friendly) and multiple target scenarios, hostage scenarios etc...

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I won a membership in the 1639 fundraiser. I am looking forward to going.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 915, 916, 917, 918, 919, 920, 921 ... 1550  Next