Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 723, 724, 725, 726, 727, 728, 729 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A known sex offender and suspect in multiple burglaries and home invasions in my neighborhood finally got arrested today.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
A known sex offender and suspect in multiple burglaries and home invasions in my neighborhood finally got arrested today.

A house sale in that neighborhood should come with a warning.

Were I you, I would get a really good gun safe, and bolt it/BUILD it into a closet.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Captain90s wrote:

Were I you, I would get a really good gun safe, and bolt it/BUILD it into a closet.

Triple dittos!! :pray:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Captain90s wrote:

That's good advice for ANY neighborhood. A lot of counties have tools on their websites that allows you to see the location of sex offenders in your neighborhood. I think you would be stunned to see how many there are ALL AROUND you.

Another thing to consider: with all this hue and cry for "affordable housing" there are really no "good" areas of town anymore. Folks used to be able to somewhat segregate themselves with home prices... not so anymore. We haven't "solved" poverty and the associated social maladies; just learned how to diffuse it and spread it about.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still having internet while the power is out.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TLDR: WA State tax shit ready.

Being sick at home and maybe working a half day here or there at the real salt mine (I have a very cool boss, I must say) with walking pneumonia , I was able to get my state tax stuff ready (still hate that shiite), whole new commerce site, new sales tax system, and Ho Lee well would you look at that, Pablo got a balance. We are like 60/40 resale/manufacturer so needed to do that for B&O, for sales tax, Alavara integrated so perfectly, they are WELL worth the money, IMHO. The sales tax details are awesome! The manual part is we had some resellers who didn't get their poop together and ordered at retail and want a discount (agree to previously). The one pisser is the total sales reports from BigCommerce report ALL orders, cancelled or otherwise. Which means the people who never paid with check or money order, Western Union, wire transfer anything else except Paypal or CC - and even though orders were manually cancelled they were counted.......ugg.....so I had to sort and make new spreadsheets, etc......finally DONE.

TLDR: WA State tax shit ready.

thumbsup :thumbsup2: :inlove:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:43 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Trump calls Haiti a Shithole.

:thumbsup2:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Trump calls Haiti a Shithole.

Haiti isn't a shit hole. The Clinton Foundation fixed it..... :rofl9:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 am

Hey! Haven’t been here in ages, but nobody will appreciate this more than this group.

I have a small Girl Scout troop (4 girls). My co-leader and I made the decision to disband because for months we’ve only had 2 girls show up and one of them lies in the floor and asks if she can go to sleep while the other stares at us. 8th grade UGH. Anyway-we have a lot of money in our account that we want to spend before we disband, so we’re asking the girls what they want to do (the two missing girls are on speaker phone). Blank looks. How about this idea? Blank looks. For like 30 minutes we have 4 adults throwing out fun ideas and occasionally the girls will come up with something but it’s like “let’s walk around Edmonds” which doesn’t really spend our money. So one of the girls says paintball, and I say I’m not sure we can do that because of the likelihood of injury. One of the moms laughs and says “you can’t shoot at each other.” I say, “Ironically, we CAN go to the gun range and shoot real guns.”

All 4 girls instantly perked up and squealed WE CAAAAAAN??? It is the first positive reaction (or any reaction) we’ve had from them in 2 years.

Then I looked at the moms and said they had to be okay with it. We had one who said she wouldn’t say no, but it was outside her comfort zone, explained that her dad had firearms but rather than teaching safety, he taught fear, so that’s all she’s ever known. After a little more conversation, we decided all the moms should come along (I’m trying to arrange a private class) and learn too-and the scared mom called me the next day to tell me how excited she is!

How fun is all that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:07 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's AWESOME! Talk to a few local guns stores and ranges and see what they can do to help make the girl's experience one to remember. Positive!! LOVE IT!

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got my Leelbox working again. (android tv streaming)
Turns out you have to reload KODI every now and then. Took maybe five seconds. :party1:

thumbsup

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Inger19 wrote:
How fun is all that?

That's a freaking home run, Inger! :pray:

Yes, as Dan said, contact some ranges and see what they can offer you.

A few thoughts off the top of my head:

- Eight participants is a lot. Even if the moms are "just watching," let's face it, they'll want to try. :) That's a lot of people for:
1) An instructor to keep an eye on, and keep safe.
2) To keep everyone interested. If only one person is shooting (or just talking to the instructor), then you have seven people standing around getting bored.
For this reason, I'd try to get a couple of different instructors, so the pace of the action will be twice as fast.

- I like outdoor ranges. A lot. Indoor ranges are tempting because they're dry and warm, but they're also freaking overwhelming due to the noise of people firing nearby.

- Caliber-wise, .22 is your friend. Cheap, fun, and easy. Sure, if some of the students show aptitude and want to try something bigger, go for it. But jumping straight to larger calibers is a sure-fire way to scare a student (especially a young or timid one), and she won't enjoy the day.

- Rifles are your friend, especially .22 rifles. Anyone can shoot a .22 rifle well and not be scared. Pistols are a bit scarier and more overwhelming, and honestly are a lot more dangerous. I'd definitely start with rifles, then work your way to pistols.

See what you can find. If you need a hand, post up or send me a PM.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Did I already say Trump called Haiti a shithole?

:party:

About that old guy no filter thing....

Ain't it grand?

Like we used to say...

"Fuck em if they cant take a joke."

Crybaby sissy penis puffing dipshit girly liberals.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dr said cataract surgery was a success!!! The other eye to be done next week. :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 pm

MadPick wrote:
Inger19 wrote:
How fun is all that?

That's a freaking home run, Inger! :pray:

Yes, as Dan said, contact some ranges and see what they can offer.

See what you can find. If you need a hand, post up or send me a PM.

Thank you!! Since I belong to West Coast Armory North AND since they have a focus on women shooters, I’ve already made preliminary contact with them and they said we can definitely work something out. What I basically asked for is a private version of their “handguns 102”[emoji2] I need to get the council requirements to them and then contact council for their permission.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 723, 724, 725, 726, 727, 728, 729 ... 1551  Next