Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 

Yeah.... I just don't see how that is going to be very effective for a 3" diameter flame on a 12" pan.... If anyone has one of those.... how well do they work?

I'll bet my $$ on reasonable thermal mass over that.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Yeah.... I just don't see how that is going to be very effective for a 3" diameter flame on a 12" pan.... If anyone has one of those.... how well do they work?

The price wasn't too bad and Amazon has a good return policy. It might be worth trying. Who knows?

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Messing with Huey

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Messing with Huey

Damn, it's tough for me to tell which I enjoy more - the truck thread or the Huey posts. Really torn. That Huey sure is a good boy! :thumbsup2:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Golden's....best Dog's ever. A Golden will be my retirement Dog.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My DeWalt 20V Max multi-tool. Correct blade like butter - through the oak flooring. Cutting out pieces under trim and such and making the straight cut at the threshold to butt against the tile.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:00 pm

AR15L wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

The price wasn't too bad and Amazon has a good return policy. It might be worth trying. Who knows?

Sorta like saying 'I think a bump stock would be a good idea, lets give it a try'.

And who returns a $8 thing.... most just write it off as a bad decision.... I'm cheap, but too much hassle. I try to make better decisions.

ETA - Talking with a buddy tonight --- he said to get aluminum.... thinking a 1/4" round of aluminum might be even better?!? A new quest... I could actually cut a plate of Al with my jig saw....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Last edited by JohnMBrowning on Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:10 pm

Pablo wrote:
My DeWalt 20V Max multi-tool. Correct blade like butter - through the oak flooring. Cutting out pieces under trim and such and making the straight cut at the threshold to butt against the tile.

They are one of the tools you never you needed until you use one - so much potential.... I haven't popped for one yet but my neighbors got one I can use any time I need it. I'm assuming you know.... but if you don't and for others... to make a super clean cut and square, use a square or a straight edge on the cut line to stabilize the blade as you start the cut on the surface - keeps it from jumping around and f'ing up the sides... Your thumb works, but the straight edge is key. I learned this last summer replacing deck boards.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
heat diffusers

That stove looks like its not working properly. That flame should be much larger around.

Propane or NG?

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
heat diffusers

That stove looks like its not working properly. That flame should be much larger around.

Propane or NG?

Agreed.

If that is at it's highest setting, that is the most anemic gas stove I've ever seen.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:16 pm

Selador wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
heat diffusers

Propane or NG?

Agreed.

If that is at it's highest setting, that is the most anemic gas stove I've ever seen.

No - thats not at high setting.... that where it is set WHILE cooking at a reasonable temp in the cast iron pans no matter size..... and it NG.

More people that just look at pictures and not reading words..... :wink05:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Selador wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
heat diffusers

Propane or NG?

Agreed.

No - thats not at high setting.... that where it is set WHILE cooking at a reasonable temp in the cast iron pans no matter size..... and it NG.

I read the words. That's why I said, "If that's it's highest setting". Instead of just saying, "Man that stove is a wimp". :wink05: Now, who is not reading words? :bigsmile:

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:38 am

So you missed the "For reference, this is how high the burner is set when I'm cooking (frying) anything in the 10" pan" part?

Hmmm..... :bonghit:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
So you missed the "For reference, this is how high the burner is set when I'm cooking (frying) anything in the 10" pan" part?

Hmmm..... :bonghit:

No. I CAUGHT that reference.

That's why, after OG posted, I didn't just say... Yeah, I agree... Man that is some weak stove.

I said, IF that's it's highest setting...

So, you missed the fact that I wasn't just saying, yeah that's some weak-ass stove?

Come on dude. You are so focused on being butt hurt because you don't think I was actually paying attention, that you aren't paying attention.

On edit: Yeah. Probably no butthurt there. LOL Still, you are so focused on proving I was not paying attention, that you are not paying attention. :ROFLMAO:

I'm sorry for the "butthurt" comment.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Selador wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
heat diffusers

Propane or NG?

Agreed.

I have a few trivets that I use when sauteing mushrooms or veggies to cut my heat down. I have an assortment of older brass and cast iron ones. I only use them to cut the heat tho, not to distribute it.

90 percent of the problem lies in the PAN itself.

Im going to bet you are using NEWER cast iron. (by "newer", I mean 50's and newer)

Is that correct?

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118 ... 1549  Next