Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784, 785 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike in Wa wrote:
Selador wrote:
Mike in Wa wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
Wow, how do you put up with us?

15 years in aircraft maintenance for the air force you all are pretty tame compared to some of them.

I hope you'll stick around on the forum, even if you get stationed elsewhere.

Considering we will be living out here when I retire from the military yeah I'll stay on the forum. The wife has family out here and moving back to my family isn't going to happen since they live in California.

Ft. Carson? I was stationed there back in the late 70's thru the early 80's. My first trip West across the mighty Mississippi was a culture shock that's for sure. :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made a fence for some creaky old folks in West Seattle last summer. Took all the mill-ends/waste home and cut it up to make some stuff rather than send it to the land fill. Cut it to dimension at the end of the summer and figured I'd put it together in the cold months, in the garage... and I did. Pounded together about 20 planter boxes that I put out at the end of the driveway to see if anyone wanted to buy them

Neighbor saw them and grabbed two. :thumbsup2:

Then he comes over with the remnants of the fake rock veneer I put on his foundation last summer and says he wants some planter boxes made and to use up the fake rock on the outside of them. Okay... done.

Now he wants a couple of more boxes with made from some other scraps in his garage. (a chore for another day)

None of these are real money makers as I'm doing it more as a favor and not charging him near what the time put in to the tasks should earn... but he's a good guy and he's fed me work in tough times and good.

So, I got to do him a "solid", put some groceries in the icebox and get some fresh air on a spring day... not a bad Sunday.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I had another great f'ing "whiskey dinner" at Flat Iron Grill, hosted by Breck. The bad news is, I had to sit next to usrifle. :bigsmile:

I neglected to take food photos, but here's the menu:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got tri tips vacuum marinating in scotch and spices.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I had another great f'ing "whiskey dinner" at Flat Iron Grill, hosted by Breck. The bad news is, I had to sit next to usrifle. :bigsmile:

I neglected to take food photos, but here's the menu:

Yeah, no food pics because you were too busy drinking Your Whiskey and the GF's too!

Great presentation by Breck, some wonderful food, (people, you need to go there) and a very good time in general.

That Short Rib and the Whipped sunchokes combined with the wilted Greens and the Bushmill's was awesome!

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:58 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

What you shay is poshibly true.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Hmmm....i think you poured yourself a couple fingers worth after you got home, too. :ROFLMAO:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

:ROFLMAO:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guy accidentally took my parking spot.

I asked him politely if I could have the space I was waiting for.

He apologized and pulled out.

We were going to the same restaurant, so I told the waitress to get whatever beer the guy wanted and put it on my tab.

He thanked me for the beer.

I thanked him for doing the right thing.

Warm and fuzzies all around. whodathunkit.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

We were going to the same restaurant, so I told the waitress to get whatever beer the guy wanted and put it on my tab.

No video? :bigsmile:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

No video? :bigsmile:

Outside? Not really anything useful.. Inside? No.

Funny guy.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Took a quick break from house remodel to shoot the new gun Saturday morning.
Holy shit is she smooth, there isn't anything I could compare it to, absolutely smooth and crisp. Compared to all my other 300WM's no recoil and absolutely zero muzzle jump.
Only shot 12 rounds and cleaning copper every third so really no dialing in for any accuracy, besides I was using cheapo store bought ammo for break in. And yet she was pulling tight groups, at least before I got cold and in a hurry to get home so just pulling the trigger.
Was tentative throwing cheap ammo down her, evidently she can be fickle with light and short bullets, but ate them without any problem and didn't ding up brass too bad.
Now I need to find time and get some 190gr Berger's loaded up to finish break in and start dialing in the accuracy portion, although the gun room is stuffed full of living room furniture while I'm pulling carpet and painting...

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:42 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

That sounds pretty darned good, Glenn. Keep us up to date as you shoot more!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Lucky it wasn't me...I never pull out. :peep:

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a PMB doing a good deed for me while out of town....thank you

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784, 785 ... 1549  Next