Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:wagwoot: members

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:00 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:
I chose Brads because he releases after 10 business days. It's about 20 miles further than my Local shop but i prefer to do business with a shop that will follow the Law.
I'm sure i will buy something else while i am there on both visits, so it's a win win for him.

:thumbsup2:

i did the same thing the last time I did a transfer at South Sound Guns. "Oh, what's that $600 shotgun on the wall? That looks cool. I'll take it."

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Why would someone put an eye hook in the middle of where the tire goes?????

The eye-bolt holds the loading ramp up when dolly is empty. Pull the eye-bolt out and the ramp lowers.

When loaded the towed vehicle weight keeps the ramps up.

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sold our other property in Lakeside!
15% down, carry contract for 2 years, then full payment before deed is handed over. All through our title company.
We made minimal profit on it after real estate fees but just glad to be out from under it.

The couple that bought it are from Eatonville. LOL. Another 'Escape from WA' couple.

Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
dan360 wrote:
dreadi wrote:
usrifle wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Got another good laugh at a dealer today while "looking at the numbers".

Talking to the YL...
Me: Do you want to pay the dealer doc fee? It's $150.
Dealer: That's not negotiable and some dealers charge $400-$500.
Me: No, they don't. That's against the law. Washington state allows you to charge a maximum of $150 dollars.

So...then what happened? :popcorn:

Rix86 wrote:
Yes. And where

The price of the vehicle came down to what she wanted to pay for it, which is the most important part since the documentary service fee is not taxable and we weren’t financing any thing over the price of the vehicle after tax etc etc. She gave them one price and the price was met.

We were at Sunset Kia...started at Sunset Ford but, the vehicle had been moved.

4Runner?

I would have preferred that. However, it’s her car and she decided on a decked out flat six Outback.

The previous vehicle I bought was on consignment. when I showed the dealer a comp that was $1500 less and made an offer, it only took them two hours to hear back from the owner/seller and he agreed to my price. When they sent me the paperwork, the agreed up price included the dealer doc fee of $150. So instead of the vehicle price being being $6,000; the price was $5850. I didn’t mind the doc fee being included because it hopefully lowers my tax liability when I register it. Now if the state attempts to claim book value, I’m going to pop off.

Was in Bend all week and around Mt Bachelor ski areas. Seems 50% of the vehicles are either a Subaru or a Toyota, with the remaining half being a mix of Raptors, diesel trucks, Audi’s, Prius, and various hoopty crummys.

Just like everywhere else in PNW.

Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years ago, there was a member here named Mohawk. Pete was a survivalist, could make a 4-course meal from
Bear scat and make it taste good. A few years ago, he ghosted, moved to NC and eventually just fell off the map.

Well, today as I am helping direct my sister backing in her travel trailer in my driveway I wave this car by.... it was Pete!! He lives 2 houses away.

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Years ago, there was a member here named Mohawk. Pete was a survivalist, could make a 4-course meal from
Bear scat and make it taste good. A few years ago, he ghosted, moved to NC and eventually just fell off the map.

Well, today as I am helping direct my sister backing in her travel trailer in my driveway I wave this car by.... it was Pete!! He lives 2 houses away.

icon_eek thought he was off to AZ tell him get back on here

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:40 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

sportsdad60 wrote:
15% down, carry contract for 2 years, then full payment before deed is handed over. All through our title company.
We made minimal profit on it after real estate fees but just glad to be out from under it.

The couple that bought it are from Eatonville. LOL. Another 'Escape from WA' couple.

Awesome!

Did you retain hunting rights? Asking for a friend.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Awesome!

Did you retain hunting rights? Asking for a friend.

Ha, no. :(

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

Wow!

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

Did you tell him to get back on here?

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:10 pm

dan360 wrote:
dreadi wrote:
dan360 wrote:
dreadi wrote:
usrifle wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Got another good laugh at a dealer today while "looking at the numbers".

Talking to the YL...
Me: Do you want to pay the dealer doc fee? It's $150.
Dealer: That's not negotiable and some dealers charge $400-$500.
Me: No, they don't. That's against the law. Washington state allows you to charge a maximum of $150 dollars.

So...then what happened? :popcorn:

Rix86 wrote:
Yes. And where

The price of the vehicle came down to what she wanted to pay for it, which is the most important part since the documentary service fee is not taxable and we weren’t financing any thing over the price of the vehicle after tax etc etc. She gave them one price and the price was met.

We were at Sunset Kia...started at Sunset Ford but, the vehicle had been moved.

4Runner?

I would have preferred that. However, it’s her car and she decided on a decked out flat six Outback.

The previous vehicle I bought was on consignment. when I showed the dealer a comp that was $1500 less and made an offer, it only took them two hours to hear back from the owner/seller and he agreed to my price. When they sent me the paperwork, the agreed up price included the dealer doc fee of $150. So instead of the vehicle price being being $6,000; the price was $5850. I didn’t mind the doc fee being included because it hopefully lowers my tax liability when I register it. Now if the state attempts to claim book value, I’m going to pop off.

Was in Bend all week and around Mt Bachelor ski areas. Seems 50% of the vehicles are either a Subaru or a Toyota, with the remaining half being a mix of Raptors, diesel trucks, Audi’s, Prius, and various hoopty crummys.

Just like everywhere else in PNW.

I believe it. The view here is full of those.
When we go to Florida to see my family, the Foresters stock out like a soar thumb.

Yesterday we bought a new mattress and had a coupon for 20% off. Tossed it in the truck and brought it home. She got the linens off the old one and was ready to get it moved out. I said, “Hold it up.” I took two pics and posted it for $50 on FB. About three hours later we sold it for $50 and collected an additional $50 for delivery two miles away.

This morning a buyer contacted me about the Forester Wheels and Tires through OfferUp. Turned out to be the seller I bought a set of Forester Wheels from three years ago. He came over and paid and we had a good laugh about that.

Continuing my dealership laughs:
The YL has regularly taken her Forester in for oil changes to a Subaru dealer. The vehicle has contiguous history of dealer service. Some people are willing to pay a premium for the continuity in service records so I don’t stand in her way. However, I do go with her for the drop offs and check their work after.

Two days ago she takes it in for the oil change. I roll up and she’s standing there with the service person and an estimate for $1,200 of “60,000 mile service”. I verbally mark through all the fluff and she decides to leave it with the oil change and brake fluid flush.

She picked it up alone and came home with a face. They told her something like this, “There was some squealing and we think it’s the belts.” She had two new belts in her hand. $100 for two belts....I know there is nothing wrong with her belts. They also told her the battery terminals were corroded and of course wanted to charge for that cleaning service.

So today she’s got this look, is watching a YouTube video and has the belts in front of her. Ok....I know what’s going on here. I got out, pop the hood, inspect the belts, crank it up, put a load on it, no squealing. Check the fluids. All good. Check the battery terminals...there is no corrosion on the terminals. Let it cool off. Wash the engine compartment.

Her: Why did you wash the car again?
Me: I didn’t. I washed the engine compartment for your resale potential and inspected the belts. Your belts are fine. There was no corrosion on the battery terminal. Get yourself a refund.

The best part of all that is her “Thank you.” She didn’t grow up in a household that was financially conscience or that would take ownership of vehicle service or resale of items no longer wanted or needed. I refuse to pay someone $20 take a mattress I can get $50 for, $50 to clean some battery terminals, or unrelated, pay to take away old working appliances that I can sell for $50 each.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

golddigger14s wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Oh, you know I did!

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Oh, you know I did!

Did you tell him u close NFL threads for no.reason other than 2A rights?

:wink05:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 1549  Next