Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Traut wrote:
dreadi wrote:
$5.99 breakfast sounds like garbage quality food.

Breakfast of champions, oh wait that's Wheaties. And Bourbon.

The amount of money some companies pay in per diem, I believe they expect for employees I find $5.99 breakfasts. If you’re traveling to a major metro area, you’re very unlikely to find that. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with that.

$25 seems to be the going rate. All of my jobs have had that rate......

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

TechnoWeenie wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Traut wrote:
dreadi wrote:

The amount of money some companies pay in per diem, I believe they expect for employees I find $5.99 breakfasts. If you’re traveling to a major metro area, you’re very unlikely to find that. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with that.

$25 is below the federal rate nearly everywhere in the lower 48 and that is too low to eat three squares a day.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:

My old accountant was an audit supervisor for the WA Liquor Control Board.
They gave him per diem when he had to travel overnight around the state supervising audits on liquor stores.
He slept in his state car and spent the money on Coca Cola, cigarettes, fast food, and beer. Passenger floor was full of Coke cans and cigarettes.
Died at 35 during a 5 way coronary bypass.

My brother in law in SC was a traveling construction superintendent before he got a permanent assignment.
They paid him about 3 grand a month in per diem, he stayed in so many hotels he and his family always sleep and eat for free when they come out here to see my mom to this day. Must have 100 Billion bonus points.

Last edited by Guntrader on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My meal per diem for travel is $50 per day which is usually spent strictly on a good dinner and a drink or three.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Guntrader wrote:
dreadi wrote:

They gave him per diem when he had to travel overnight around the state supervising audits on liquor stores.
He slept in his state car and spent the money on Coca Cola, cigarettes, fast food, and beer. Passenger floor was full of Coke cans and cigarettes.

My brother in law in SC was a traveling construction superintendent before he got a permanent assignment.
They paid him about 3 grand a month in per diem, he stayed in so many hotels he and his family always sleep and eat for free when they come out here to see my mom to this day. Must have 100 Billion bonus points.

If you travel enough to accrue $3,000 a month at $100 a day, that’s a lot of time spent away from home. If one can book the same brand for every stay, it does add up.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:
Guntrader wrote:
dreadi wrote:

If you travel enough to accrue $3,000 a month at $100 a day, that’s a lot of time spent away from home. If one can book the same brand for every stay, it does add up.

Ya, they never pay for hotels. When I went to Boston for DHS training for a week and met them their room was free.
Forget which chain he uses but it covers 4-5 hotel brands across the USA.
With his new job supervises 2-3 major construction projects now but they are closer to home, max 100 miles, always home for weekends.
Funny, we went to Mount Rainer and he spent half the weekend on the porch smoking and yelling at contractors about a failed building inspection.
He makes crazy money compared to the cost of living in South Carolina.
They paid $260K for a new house custom built to their specifications with hot tub, granite counters, hardwood floors, etc
Between the two of them, they make more than that in a year.
Sister is a manager at a Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley dealer.
Lots of ballers down there who will pay a lot more than me for a set of tires or an oil change.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Traut wrote:
dreadi wrote:

$25 is below the federal rate nearly everywhere in the lower 48 and that is too low to eat three squares a day.

Hotel was paid for.

$25 was for food.

Breakfast at hotel, sandwiches for lunch, left a good $15 for dinner.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In Winlock, staring at the stars.... Vicodin about to kick in...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Daughter brought her new boyfriend over to meet the “Rents” (that what the cool kids have nicknamed us) so I thought I would have fun with him (at his expense of course) first I printed this out:

An Application to Date my Daughter, which is pretty epic.

http://www.kreativead.com/uploads/1/6/2 ... ughter.pdf

While he was filling it out It got a little breezy so I laid out a “real” pair of Brass knuckles ,as a paper weight of course, an NO I DO NOT CARRY THEM!!!!

Then when he got to the portion of fingerprints I pulled out the pen that Delliot made me which is a Bullet.

And finally as an added bonus I asked him if I could have a blood sample (for geneology reasons) he didnt know what to say and he said “sure” so I pulled out a Spyderco Police (no I didnt pull it on him) and I thought he was gonna jump out of his chair....lol

I just hope the little fella is ok

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:

Actually, they paid him $3,000/mo for per diem whether he was working or not.
Sometimes they didn't have any projects for him but he still got the flat $3,000/mo
Didn't draw a salary durinjg down time but always got his per diem and medical paid for.
They also paid for the payments and insurance on his truck.
Think they did that so he didn't file for unemployment if he went a few weeks without work in between projects.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2: :ROFLMAO:

When my oldest daughter brought home her first, (and only) BF i had my 700 5R in a Mcree Chassis with a GG&G Bipod sitting on the Coffee table.

During the course of conversation with the young man, he asked about the Rifle. I mentioned some of the Custom work and he asked
"how far can you shoot it"?

I told him i could hit him in the eye at his house. 8 years later my Daughter says he's still a bit scared of me. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

When my oldest daughter brought home her first, (and only) BF i had my 700 5R in a Mcree Chassis with a GG&G Bipod sitting on the Coffee table.

During the course of conversation with the young man, he asked about the Rifle. I mentioned some of the Custom work and he asked

I told him i could hit him in the eye at his house. 8 years later my Daughter says he's still a bit scared of me. :thumbsup2:

Haa haa haa, My Daughter told him I liked firearms and I postponed the meeting today as I was at the gunshow, I had texted Nik and told her I was shopping to get something nice for her BF, she laughed I was serious lol

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Haa haa haa, My Daughter told him I liked firearms and I postponed the meeting today as I was at the gunshow, I had texted Nik and told her I was shopping to get something nice for her BF, she laughed I was serious lol

The only times my guns got cleaned was when my daughter brought a boy around. After the first time my guns are pretty dirty. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Listening to Willie Nelson on a Sunday morning. Sunday Morning Coming Down great song written by Kris Kristofferson if memory serves correctly.

Finished whipping the garage into shape this morning. Finally up and running after our recent in town move. Reloading bench is all setup and bolted to the wall, presses are bolted onto the bench, and the shelves and inline rail organizers are all hung up. All I need to do now is fill the powder measure, recheck my die adjustments, and start cranking out 38 Special.

Been working up sight settings for XP-100 in 7mm BR at the range for 50, 100, 150, 200 yards. Bit of a challenge with iron sights but just has to be minute of steel ram target at 200. One more range session and should be good to go for next match.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 23258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868 ... 1551  Next