Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Potential Govt. Shutdown?? 
Founding Father
Founding Father

ricks8251 wrote:
Jonathan Brown wrote:
Military checks should be HANDS OFF. The rest of them I could give a shit about.

JB, that is in the latest CR and the Dem's in general, not all but most including the POTUS suddenly say no more CR's. I understand, all manuvering. It will suck for me and some of the people I work with but if thats what it takes for people to get a fuckin clue I still say SHUT THE FUCKER DOWN!!! My oath included some stuff about " all enemies both forgien and domestic" I really think the debt is nearing that point, just ask Greece, Spain, Ireland and the UK.

I always wondered about that part. I know you may not want to answer this, can't answer it, catch 22, rock and a hard place, etc. What if the government deemed the US people as an "enemy?"

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

and at what point does the government become the enemy?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:50 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

TacticalAssault wrote:
I always wondered about that part. I know you may not want to answer this, can't answer it, catch 22, rock and a hard place, etc. What if the government deemed the US people as an "enemy?"

I think at that point, some if not most of the soldiers would realize that a blanket statement like that would include their children, parents, friends and even themselves. Possible outcome to that would then result in DJ's comment...

Pretty much, neither situation would be pretty...

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dj_fatstyles wrote:
and at what point does the government become the enemy?

They've always been the enemy. AR15firing

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Lookin more like the shut down will happen. For anyone who is active Duty and uses Navy Fed for direct deposite, they will give you a loan for the 15th if we are not getting full paychecks, it is 0 intrest and 0 payments. I have heard USAA will be doing the same. Also for Navy and USMC you can go to NMC relief and they have loans set up for everyone as well if it comes to that. 600 per family, 300 for single. USAF and USA you have that same thing on your bases as well.

The question from masive design about the who what when and where, I hope to never have that asked of me, sitting here I would say never ever against americans in way shape or form, as I'm kind of part of that group myself.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:42 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

ricks8251 wrote:
Lookin more like the shut down will happen. For anyone who is active Duty and uses Navy Fed for direct deposite, they will give you a loan for the 15th if we are not getting full paychecks, it is 0 intrest and 0 payments. I have heard USAA will be doing the same. Also for Navy and USMC you can go to NMC relief and they have loans set up for everyone as well if it comes to that. 600 per family, 300 for single. USAF and USA you have that same thing on your bases as well.

The question from masive design about the who what when and where, I hope to never have that asked of me, sitting here I would say never ever against americans in way shape or form, as I'm kind of part of that group myself.

Nope... Came to a resolution in the final hour... Wonder who greased who's palms to make that happen.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:35 pm
Profile WWW

I think we all go greased in some way

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2