Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:39 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Need some suggestions for dinner 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FMJ 911 wrote:
Anyone ever heard of "BBQ Shack" In Snohomish? They're pretty good! Hedge, make a list of places, and try them!

He's moving to Vancouver. For him to get to Snohomish would be like an epic journey similar to the one featured on "The Day After Tomorrow". He's going to live next to Portland... Jakes, Romano's Macaroni Grill, Ringside..... Oh yhea...

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will definitely start making a list of places to visit as I am totally a foodie. If anyone in the Vancouver area knows of a GREAT Italian place please let me know. I lived in Italy for a while and tend to be picky about Italian food so any old place wont do.....looking for greatness. Any suggestions?

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also, this is what i am making tonight. It is an OUTSTANDING marinade so I thought I'd post it here for anyone that wants to try it out. Im also gonna be doing roasted garlic, onion, and fresh rosemary potatoes, and prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Ill post pic when it is complete.

Here is the marinade:

Last edited by Hedge on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:55 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yum! we have a tri-tip marinating now for dinner..

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Final Product based on the above marinade:

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Feel my arteries hardening as I type..

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Baked a 11lb ham tonight. Spiral cut and glazed in brown sugar and melted butter.

This message brought to you by: Leprechauns for a brighter tomorrow.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bhpdrew wrote:
Baked a 11lb ham tonight. Spiral cut and glazed in brown sugar and melted butter.

Leave your address in the thread.......i am down for leftovers!! :thumbsup2: :bigsmile:

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Honey baked ham?

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also, there is my potato soup. Take 2 cans Campbell's cream of potato soup, whole milk, shredded cheese (i like white cheeses, but sharp cheddar works well too), a ring sausage of your liking, 2 boneless chicken breasts, pepper and/or seasonings of your choosing, 4 large potatoes....
Chop potatoes into cubes. Then boil them until they're almost tender. Drain and set aside. Broil or fry the chicken. Also prep the sausage. After both are cooked, chop them up into fine bits. Set aside. Empty the cream of potato soup cans into a crock pot or large pot. Mix in the chopped meat and potatoes. Add milk till you get your desired thickness. Cook on low-medium heat for 2 to 5 hours (this all depends how soupy you like your soup). While slow cooking the soup slowly add the shredded cheese and seasoning.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm coming to your house for dinner.. Disable the perimeter defense system please...

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Massivedesign wrote:
I'm coming to your house for dinner.. Disable the perimeter defense system please...

Just bring his dogs some of your leftovers. Defence system thwarted and the dogs get some goodies. You just have to be out of there before they are done gnawing on the bones.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Something I like to do is to modify some quick and easy but often boring meal items.

Mac N Cheese is one of those. Not all that bad out of the box but can get old after a while.

My variation is to make up the dish just as instructed but then pour into an oven safe dish. Cover with a nice thick layer of shredded cheddar cheese and put under the broiler. Leave until the cheese is fully melted and browned evenly.

That changes the plain old "Mac-N-Cheese" from something considered a family meal dish to something you could serve with a fancier meal for company. Of course there's also the garnish if you wish, crumbled bacon on the top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like to do the weekend early morning starter omelette. Dice half a big onion, into a pan of butter and olive oil on medium heat. Add some diced garlic. Whip 6 duck eggs until well mixed, throw in on top of the onions. Chop up a bunch of asparagus, red pepper, and avocado, layer the top, and cook for a few minutes. Quarter it and flip, then add crumbled feta, and a layer of grated Swiss cheese. Turn off the heat, and let it sit for a few minutes. Serve it up with some chopped avocado sprinkled over top, then finish with ground pepper and coarse salt. The side should be Canadian back bacon seared in butter on high heat for a few minutes, flipped repeatedly to keep it from getting burnt. Looks fucking amazing, and tastes the same. Chase it down with fresh ground bean drip coffee. Make sure you have real heavy cream for the coffee. It makes coffee fit for royalty - you and yours !

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 am

Cream Tuna on Biscuits...
Cheap, quick, and easy

3 cans Tuna, 3c milk, 2 tbsp margarine/butter, 1/4c flour, 1/2 tbsp garlic, seasoning, buttermilk biscuits.

Get biscuits baking and start a side if desired.
Melt margarine with garlic over med/high heat.
Put 1/4 cup of flour with 2 cups milk in the gravy shaker...shake.
Once margarine is melted, add 1 cup milk only, bring to boil.
Slowly add shaker milk/flour mix, 1/2c at a time, bringing back to boil after each addition.
Add Tuna and stir in well.
Add seasoning to taste.

Split biscuits, top with the creamed tuna, dish up your side and enjoy.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next