Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:27 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 184  Next
 The OFF TOPIC thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
Got yelled at today by old lady #1 for taking so long getting her power back on. She called us Nazis.

Not an hour later old lady #2 drove up with homemade REAL hot chocolate and sugar cookies. She called us saints.

They live four houses apart. Same side of the street.

People are funny.

Lol....

Well, we're all Saints & Sinners, ...the Nazi thing is her issue.

What I do know is the hours you mentioned that you put in, so I think you're in the Saint camp this week :thumbsup2:

Even though it may not have been my specific power lines you fixed this week, a hat tip and a toast of thanks, to the cookie-eating Saint :cheers2:

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
Got yelled at today by old lady #1 for taking so long getting her power back on. She called us Nazis.

Not an hour later old lady #2 drove up with homemade REAL hot chocolate and sugar cookies. She called us saints.

People are funny.

Did you tell her you had to hook up the power to the mental hospital first so they could continue shock treatment on the invalids?

:bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:

People are funny.

Dude!

I have GOT to shake your hand, some day!

You guys are beyond saints. Yer super heros! :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:

Hot cocoa and cookie lady was cool. Very nice person.

Belligerent insult lady was probably just in a bad mood. Lack of hot water will do that to a female. Too bad for her she showed up first she could’ve had hot cocoa and cookies.

Cocoa lady probably saw coocoo lady come out, and figured you'd need a cookie after that...

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
dan360 wrote:

Hot cocoa and cookie lady was cool. Very nice person.

Belligerent insult lady was probably just in a bad mood. Lack of hot water will do that to a female. Too bad for her she showed up first she could’ve had hot cocoa and cookies.

Cocoa lady probably saw coocoo lady come out, and figured you'd need a cookie after that...

^That^

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

There's no substitute for sorting brass pre-tumbling!

This right here. I know it seems like you may lose your vision halfway through the pile, but put some noise on and just keep plugging.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I may go to hell for enjoying this, but I think it'll be worth it.

So here's the Balrog Story of the day. The initials are BS, but this is the truth. Just happened 5 minutes before the Balrog's bedtime.

The Dread Princess is a remarkably calm soul. But even with her calm patience, how she has managed to resist gutting me and dropping a shovelful of burning coals in my intestinal cavity while I am still alive is kind of one of the weird mysteries of my life.
So, it turns out that I am not the only member of the family who tests her patience, as I've revealed in previous Balrog Stories... But this one tonight takes the cake. So far.

Dread Princess being a calm and patient soul has the rather irritating habit of speaking too slowly for my needs so many times... I have, over the many years of suffering, became grudgingly patient enough to not interrupt her or urge her to speed up most of the time. Occasionally I am holding a tool in one hand and trying to do an important (to me at least) job while she calmly and patiently stops me from getting on with my fucking job, and I give her an impolite "Andele, ANDELE!"
Sometimes I will finish her sentences for her at a slightly faster tempo in the vain hope that she'll pick up the pace like a piano player working with a faster metronome. That is very rare, seriously. I don't recall ever doing it in front of the Balrog. It really is very rare.

Well this evening, Dread Princess began a calm sentence about getting ready for a job that I have to get on tomorrow, and the Balrog piped up in an irritated voice and finished her sentence at a faster pace.
I looked up quickly and saw Dread Princess glaring down at the Balrog, eyes a little wider than normal, and her nostrils flared in that angry way that I enjoy so much.
After a second, Dread Princess looked over at me and said "Watch this."

Then she started a sentence, paused, and the Balrog finished it for her.
She started another, paused, Balrog finished it.
She did it for 3 or 4 more and I was about ready to explode in laughter but kept it bottled. The joy shone from me like a spotlight though, I assume. Dread Princess was slightly amused at the whole situation. The balrog is not yet 5... :ROFLMAO:
It was cute seeing the genuine amusement and irritation in Dread Princess' expressions too. Noice.

I had noticed this happen very rarely since the Balrog was about 3... But it never struck me how irritating it must be to the mother, nor how commonplace it has turned out to be. I asked her if she believed me now that she could do with picking up the pace a bit.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

My money is still on the Dread Princess. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:03 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Dread Princess said that it looks like 2 on 1 now. :bigsmile: I have HELP!

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

let's see if I can pull this off phonetically since I don't know Chinese Calligraphy:

Dwo gai lo mo chai hai.

Did I say that right?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:56 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
let's see if I can pull this off phonetically since I don't know Chinese Calligraphy:

Dwo gai lo mo chai hai.

Did I say that right?

Wow. You just got me a "WOW!" and a bad look from my wife, so I am guessing that you got at least a good part of it correct.
Thanks Jim.

"(something something) your mother."

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Am I the only one confused why Jukkou insists on typing hunh instead of huh? Am I missing something?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Am I the only one confused why Jukkou insists on typing hunh instead of huh? Am I missing something?

hunh

interj.
Alternative spelling of huh.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... glish/hunh

https://www.yourdictionary.com/hunh

C'mon, Jag-bo. I'm not speaking Canadian.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 184  Next