Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Anyone do BMW coding? 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Has anyone done BMW system coding?
I have an older E65 (2006 750li) in which I've replaced some parts and need to have them coded. Rumor has it that learning the coding software is a big learning curve and there are at least two to choose from. If someone has done it before and better yet, has tools to do so, I'd be delighted to pay or find an equitable trade.

I'm in Enumclaw but happy to come to you.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used to do this stuff. I’ve now moved so I can’t help.

Coding an older BMW isn’t for the faint of heart. If the Carly app can’t do what you want, and there’s no one local who pops up I’d suggest one of the guys that do it remotely. You can find them by poking around the BMW forums.

Sorry I can’t help more.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:27 pm

Sorry you've moved, but a little jealous....
I've seen the Carly app and thought it was limited. People in the forums tend to recommend INPA but it is in German, and ISTA, but it might not be compatible with the E series.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've not done or researched a 2006. I had it all, every option - interface boxes, cables, virtual machine hard drives of various sorts. Working in German isn't as bad as it sounds - google translate works wonders. Once you make up your cheat sheet it isn't bad. I donated everything to an aspiring coder when I got out of the BMW coding game.

The first rule of working with a computer hooked to a BMW is to forget everything you know about computers and everything you know about cars. The system and terminology make no sense. Carly probably isn't very useful for the pre 2010 cars - post 2010 it will let you do some neat things that are hidden in the coding and not turn your electronics into paperweights. I had to start over on a few modules from time to time - mostly because the coding sequences are so obtuse and the software so unstable.

I can't remember his name, but there was a guy in Renton who could do pre 2010 cars - you may have to tune up your google-fu to find him. I don't remember his name. Otherwise, it is research and experiment, or, use one of the remote guys.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]