Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 46  Next
 Netflix shows that don't suck 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cary Elwes is coming to season 3 of stranger things.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
The (supposed) life story of McAfee - interesting. I know nothing of this guy, except I didn't much like his products. I came away thinking the guy was a snake oil salesman at best, or just completely unstable - really both. It would not surprise me if he created some virus or three. Yoga? Exotic plants? :bonghit:

I watched that documentary, too. Definitely seems like something is off about that guy, although you can't believe everything you see on TV. He sounds intelligent, but that doesn't mean he isn't bat-shit crazy.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Pablo wrote:
The (supposed) life story of McAfee - interesting. I know nothing of this guy, except I didn't much like his products. I came away thinking the guy was a snake oil salesman at best, or just completely unstable - really both. It would not surprise me if he created some virus or three. Yoga? Exotic plants? :bonghit:

I watched that documentary, too. Definitely seems like something is off about that guy, although you can't believe everything you see on TV. He sounds intelligent, but that doesn't mean he isn't bat-shit crazy.

Exactly. That woman writer could have been on a completely hateful crusade. Don't know enough either way.

Also watched the kanadian gold maniacs. Always entertaining.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Better call Saul has new episodes out.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Better call Saul has new episodes out.

I tried soooooooooooooo hard to watch that and like it but I couldn't get into it.

I watched "Altered Carbon" over the weekend and loved it.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So you prefer full frontal male nudity over clever dialogue and intricate twists of narrative? Got it!

ah so, Kobayashi-san

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It wasn't on netflix but they had a free watchathon on xfinity this weekend and I caught "Land of Mine". It was a part of history I hadn't heard about. It takes beach combing to a whole new level.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Mine

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just found it on Directv and set the DVR to record it, now I have to sit and wait until May 1 to see it lol.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Solid 3rd season for "Better Call Saul." It's a great story. I can see how some might find it dry, but it is exceptionally well done IMO at explaining the backstory of Saul and the detective guy and both of their slips into the dark side, along with other characters. It's become among my favorites.

As for movies, if you like horror there's a terrifying movie called "The Ritual." It was legitimately scary. I'm a very harsh critic of films and TV and find most stuff unwatchable. "The Ritual" was absolutely fantastic. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

"922" is a Stephen King based horror film about a man who murders his wife. It's pretty good, 3.5 out of 5 stars. More depressing/upsetting/disgusting than horror.

Ricky Gervias stand up comedy is really funny, or brilliant as the Brits might say. 5/5 stars.

"The Ranch" is fantastic. 5/5

"The Void" had a LOT of potential and initially was fantastic, but the last 1/3rd fell off the rails. Worth a watch though. 3/5

"Creep" was decent. Worth a watch. 3/5.

Below is a list of some really stupid stuff I watched a few minutes of or even the whole thing and did not like it. Avoid:
"Flash" (superhero) - watched a bit skipping thru, and found it unwatchably stupid.
"Ravenous" (subtitled zombie film in Canada) - watched the whole thing hoping it would redeem itself, found it just bad but it had potential
"The Following" (Crime drama with Kevin Bacon) - watched 10 minutes and found it unwatchably dumb.
"Don Verdean" was stupid, 15 minutes in turned it off.
"Day of the Dead" was awful, 5 minutes in and turned it off.
"The Rift" was atrocious, 10 minutes and turned it off.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just watched the 1st season (4 episodes) of a Netflix show called "Evil Genius".

All 4 are about the bank robber in 2003, who had a bomb attached around his neck with a locking collar.

It dragged a little bit, and could probably have been shorter overall, but worth a watch IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Edit: evidently, I can't count. There's just 4 episodes, not 5.

Last edited by foggood11 on Sat May 12, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat May 12, 2018 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foggood11 wrote:
Just watched the 1st season (5 episodes) of a Netflix show called "Evil Genius".

All 5 are about the bank robber in 2003, who had a bomb attached around his neck with a locking collar.

It dragged a little bit, and could probably have been shorter overall, but worth a watch IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I remember the collar/pizza bomber thing on the news in 2003 - I thought is was scary, brutal and someone was doing some thinking. But I didn't hear jackshit more about it, I completely forgot about it to be frank.......so I am three shows into this mess and HOLY FUQ wow. The human mind........

Sat May 12, 2018 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"The Case for Christ."

Watch it. Very very powerful. Based on the Bible of course, and a best selling book from the 1980s or so.

Spoiler: show
Basically, it's about a married couple that fights over Christianity. The husband sets out to disprove her thru research, facts, and science.

He ends up being unable to disprove Christianity no matter how he approaches it, and himself accepts Jesus.

Sun May 13, 2018 5:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Vietnam war story........I think called We were Brothers (close to that) - anyway finally a show that showed positions of the enemy and such, that part always drives me nuts......I know details were sketchy, but this is a decent retelling.

Sun May 13, 2018 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"TIN STAR" on Amazon.

Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
"TIN STAR" on Amazon.

Holy shit holyshitshow.

I just watched "Last Days in Vietnam"

Definitely filled in some gaps for me. Wow. Worth watching.

Mon May 21, 2018 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 46  Next