Netflix shows that don't suck 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's propaganda.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finished watching Ratched tonight

It was good. I love the 40s decor even though all that white glossiness screams ‘lead based paint’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Finished watching Ratched tonight

It was good. I love the 40s decor even though all that white glossiness screams ‘lead based paint’

That was your takeaway?? Hahaha :ROFLMAO:

The bad.....after all the good writing the 7th episode had some lackluster scenes and just too much over the top gay love. Hollywood and gay.....it's constant, we get it..... It almost like a monkey hair - came close to being a slasher movie.

The good? Just about everything else. Well done. Creative writing. Seriously good acting from notable actors. Enjoyably weird. Pretty much not a normal character save for Huck.

EDIT: Spelling, Huck, not "Hick". And the wife thinks it will win awards next awards show......

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Last edited by Pablo on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It did seem like it was searching for an ending. Maybe they did that on purpose to hint at a second season (?)

The love story was odd not because it was two women but because it seemed forced

All of a sudden it went from the main character loving her brother and doing everything she could to not have him executed to ‘oh well, it’s a done deal’ let’s run off to Mexico

But yea, the decor was really cool. I found myself just checking out the scene rather than the content. Especially the Sharon Stone scenes

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

After this and a bunch of other garbage decisions like supporting BLM, giving Obama a paycheck, etc. by Netflix I canceled my sub. It's part of my grand scheme to not give 1 penny to the left as much as I possibly can.

I'd encourage everyone to find ways where you can cut out supporting the left any way possible.

Next up is shifting cell phone carriers.

I did the same, and let them know in the comment section when I cancelled. I can still watch netflix shows for free if I want, just not paying them for it

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A scifi future movie called Archive. It's different.

I will recommend it without saying too much. Don't give up if you start applying classical robot design rules.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dead thread?

Mandalorean Season 2 good

Barbarians - German, not terrible but terrible

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Watched 'The Queen's Gambit' over the weekend. Based on a book written in the 80's about a chess prodigy of the 60's

It's good. Really good story line, the protagonist isn't hard to look at either

My gripes are many but that's only because I grew up in the area where the story is set. For anyone else it shouldn't matter, yet I will enumerate some of them anyway... Despite using many, many references to actual places in and around Lexington, KY it's a fictional account. Being a fictional account I don't really understand the use of actual places and names as much as they do. In an early episode the main character walks into Henry Clay High School circa 1966. My dad graduated from that school in '68. It's now the central offices for the county schools and looks almost exactly as it did in the 60's. They could have easily filmed the actual building. I mean, if we're going to pretend then we might as well go all out and film the actual location used in a fictional book. At least pick a building that looks somewhat close. It's brick, just not the mid century modern box that they filmed in it's place. There are also quite a few references to new circle road but the images aren't even close to what that road looks like, either now or back then. Oh, and nobody has a southern accent. Many will see this as a plus, including me. I'd rather hear people talk as they normally would rather than fake a southern accent badly

So TLDR; it's a good bit of entertainment. Worth the watch

Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46