Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
 Netflix shows that don't suck 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Read/listen to the book Mindhunter first. I did, coincidentally, but makes me like the more than you I think. Show is a bit slow, but if they play it out, it will be an amazing series.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Didn't see it mentioned in the last few pages but.... Cobra Kai. 2 season recently dropped on Netflix (was bought from Youtube). Fucking love it. Perfect follow up story from Karate Kid.

Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:54 am
Profile WWW

stevemcgee wrote:
Trogdor - I had to appropriate one of your statements for my signature.

:thumbsup2:

Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

duplicated

Last edited by surevaliance on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

800% surge in NetFlix cancellations after Cuties.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/c ... 234769354/

https://twitter.com/Tha_real_aisha/stat ... 4185797632

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oddly I never heard of that show until you posted it here. 10:1 no impact to NFLX bottom line. Stock price is just off the all time high.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

COBRA KAI - The wife and I didn't want to watch this at first. Just seemed like it would be awful. But no, it is quite creative. Corny good and (we are now just beginning Season 2) funny and the viewer pretty much choose who you root for this time and it's not 100% Ralph! Neat writing. Yeah it's real corny.

I started to watch Challenger - Final Flight. Fresh documentary of a well covered tragedy that - let just say I lived. I know some of the stuff pretty well. Episode 1 was going well, ended with this lady (daughter of Morton Thiokol engineer)..............OK let's see where this goes.

Lastly I watch the new BBQ shoot out competition. Ha, pretty good. Typical food competition but a whole lot more WORK.

Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After this and a bunch of other garbage decisions like supporting BLM, giving Obama a paycheck, etc. by Netflix I canceled my sub. It's part of my grand scheme to not give 1 penny to the left as much as I possibly can.

I'd encourage everyone to find ways where you can cut out supporting the left any way possible.

Next up is shifting cell phone carriers.

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not Netflix, close enough

Watched the Paris Hilton documentary on YouTube last night. It was actually interesting. I'm not a follower/fan of Paris but it was fascinating to see how the whole idea of 'influencers' came about and what drove her to do what she does. Her parents sent her to a bunch of, what were essentially, teen re-education camps when she was growing up. Actually came away from it with a lot of respect for her

Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Enola Holmes is a sweet movie (Netflix).
Interesting take on extending the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
Suggested to the s/o the movie, wine & cuddling up to watch, with which I banked some major points with her by doing so!

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:37 am

leadcounsel wrote:

After this and a bunch of other garbage decisions like supporting BLM, giving Obama a paycheck, etc. by Netflix I canceled my sub. It's part of my grand scheme to not give 1 penny to the left as much as I possibly can.

I'd encourage everyone to find ways where you can cut out supporting the left any way possible.

Next up is shifting cell phone carriers.

Yes, this shit is horrible. My wife showed me a clip from the movie and we were both pretty disgusted. I'm totally onboard for film makers pushing boundaries and expressing themselves creatively...but this was too much for me. I can't see why anyone with kids (especially daughters) would watch or support this.

Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taco Chronicles is BACK - Season 2. At least equal to Season 1. Maybe better because 7 rather than 6 episodes. Birria is my favorite in USA, because there is no cabrito here. Never had, never had cochinita (young pig cooked in a pib) either. The American Taco episode is interesting and does eventually allude to you can actually get pastor, carnitas, barbacoa in the USA.

Don't watch if you are hungry!

Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Oddly I never heard of that show until you posted it here. 10:1 no impact to NFLX bottom line. Stock price is just off the all time high.

Netflix made me a multi millionaire.....all broadcasting companies run crap at sometime or another

Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki ... in-cuties/

Quote:
On October 6, 2020, in Tyler County, Texas a Grand Jury indicted Netflix for ‘knowingly’ promoting material in the film “Cuties” which depicts “the lewd exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of a clothed or partially clothed child who was younger than 18 years of age at the time the visual material was created, which appeals to the prurient interest in sex, and has no serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.”

Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not Netflix, also haven't seen it since I don't have Showtime...

With the opening statement "All of this is true, most of it happened" I expect quite a bit of revisionist history. Might be interesting to watch though

https://www.sho.com/the-good-lord-bird

Quote:
Ethan Hawke, Daveed Diggs and Joshua Caleb Johnson star in a humorous, dramatic and historical tapestry of Antebellum America based on the award winning novel by author James McBride. Told from the point of view of Onion, a newly freed teenager who joins abolitionist John Brown on a holy crusade to end slavery and finds himself part of the famous 1859 raid at Harpers Ferry, the Limited Event Series is an adventure equal parts absurd and tragic, spotlighting the ever-changing racial, religious and gender roles that make up the American identity.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next