Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 77  Next
 What's an unpopular/uncommon opinion you have? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
pie is....

wait for it...

BETTER than CAKE!!! (there; I said it.)

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I’ve gotta take Pablo’s side on this one. And I’m going to throw Michael Jackson into the same bucket.

Elvis Presley's music sucks.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Beatles also suck.

Oh, and Paul is dead. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

:ROFLMAO:
Good thing this is the opinion thread and not the fact thread!

This may not be an unpopular/uncommon opinion among us old guys, but I am certain that most old music beats the hell out of the new crap they're peddling.
Once in a while I hear a powerful voice in the new stuff that is really good, but usually the new stuff is just the audible equivalent to a full trash can 2 weeks past garbage pick up day in the summer heat.

I like some of Nirvana's stuff. I don't need a pretty voice to enjoy a song. Johnny Cash, Melanie singing Brand New Key, Led Zeppelin (well, Robert Plant); no "pretty voices" in that group, but man, some powerful singing.

Pretty voices : Crystal Gayle, Hope Sandoval, Enya, Kim and Kelly Deal, Natalie Imbruglia, Leigh Nash, Dolores O'Riordan, Olivia Newton John...
Man, so much good music to enjoy. I get some melancholy listening to some of it, but damn it can take a person back in time.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:

This may not be an unpopular/uncommon opinion among us old guys, but I am certain that most old music beats the hell out of the new crap they're peddling.
Once in a while I hear a powerful voice in the new stuff that is really good, but usually the new stuff is just the audible equivalent to a full trash can 2 weeks past garbage pick up day in the summer heat.

I like some of Nirvana's stuff. I don't need a pretty voice to enjoy a song. Johnny Cash, Melanie singing Brand New Key, Led Zeppelin (well, Robert Plant); no "pretty voices" in that group, but man, some powerful singing.

Pretty voices : Crystal Gayle, Hope Sandoval, Enya, Kim and Kelly Deal, Natalie Imbruglia, Leigh Nash, Dolores O'Riordan, Olivia Newton John...
Man, so much good music to enjoy. I get some melancholy listening to some of it, but damn it can take a person back in time.

You sir would be wrong. There are some amazing musicians out there these days. You just don’t hear them on the radio. You gotta dig a little. I love me some old music, pretty much any type has some great folks in it. The nice thing about music today is you don’t have to be discovered to make a living at it. A band can produce their own music, have a YouTube channel and do ok. Not possible even 20 years ago.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:44 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

mcyclonegt wrote:
PMB wrote:

You sir would be wrong. There are some amazing musicians out there these days. You just don’t hear them on the radio. You gotta dig a little. I love me some old music, pretty much any type has some great folks in it. The nice thing about music today is you don’t have to be discovered to make a living at it. A band can produce their own music, have a YouTube channel and do ok. Not possible even 20 years ago.

I agree sir. Just some old fogey talk spewing forth. :cheers2:

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:52 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

AR15L wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
pie is....

wait for it...

Ohhhh Hells YEAH!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Cake is shit compared to pie.

Takes me a full week to down a Costco Apple pie.

I gotta space them apart or ill go diabetic.

About to try a Costco Cherry pie.

People tell me theyre better than the apple.

And this ll flip your shit.

COLD PIE from the fridge.

Hot pie sssssssuuuuuuuuuux

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pie rules, no doubt.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:20 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

zombie66 wrote:
Yea well John Fogarty is a flower sniffing granola eating commie pinko fucktard....

I find it funny no one disagrees with this statement

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
AR15L wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
pie is....

wait for it...

Ohhhh Hells YEAH!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Cake is shit compared to pie.

Takes me a full week to down a Costco Apple pie.

I gotta space them apart or ill go diabetic.

About to try a Costco Cherry pie.

People tell me theyre better than the apple.

And this ll flip your shit.

COLD PIE from the fridge.

Hot pie sssssssuuuuuuuuuux

Yup. When folks warm the shit up in a microwave it destroys a good crust. Turns it back to dough.

ANd while the Costco pies might be good for a quick fix, don't confuse quantity for quality.

Locally (and so far as I've managed to sample) the best pie in the area is:

1) Pie ala Mode in West Seattle. Crust is outstanding. They have a GREAT quiche too :ffight:
2) Sammamish Pie Co. next to DD Meats in N. Seattle. Great peach pie.
3) Woodinville cafe... mostly because they're close by.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shrimp cocktails suck.

Pizza should always be served hot and not cold.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't flown on an airplane since 9/11/01 and the institution of the TSA checks. I refuse to tacitly surrender my 4th amendment rights.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I haven't flown on an airplane since 9/11/01 and the institution of the TSA checks. I refuse to tacitly surrender my 4th amendment rights.

Yet you happily gave them up before 9/11? Only thing that changed was who paid the salary of the people doing the search. The same penalties existed before and after 9/11

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Peanut butter smells like poopy. Tastes kinda crappy. I will eat it, and I am not allergic. I do like almond butter.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Buffalo Wild Wings sucks.

In N Out’s burgers are the most overrated/overhyped burgers.

Those Sharps Brothers AR lowers with skulls and stuff are fucking stupid, and make their owner look like a tool.

Baseball and basketball are the most boring sports to watch on tv, besides golf.

40s&w is the red headed step child of pistol rounds. Especially now that 10mm is gaining popularity again, and 9mm bullet technology has improved.

Colt is the least innovative, most piss poor ran, and overhyped gun company still in business.

Jeep Wranglers made in the past 15 years are piles of shit, and complete money pits for any serious off-road use.

Labs are not great family dogs. Especially as puppies. Total spazzes. Unless you got time to exercise them hard, and discipline to train them.

Fly fishing is the only challenging method of fishing. Any booger eating moron can catch fish with bait.

You should be allowed to legally shoot one seal or sea lion per year, but you gotta eat it.

Most newer Sig guns sucks. They are overpriced guns that are cheaply made.

The G3 is a better battle rifle than the M14 or Fal.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 77  Next