Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267 ... 410  Next
 Post a random video thread. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That c^nt can suck a D!ck.

Everyone so quick to point out the ills of the past with no attention to the progress the nation has made and brought to the world.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the toys I get to play with:

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:42 pm

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Kootenai suspension bridge (new one being built along side) in Mike's (PMB) neck if the woods north of Libia....er, libby!

Thats the one at Kootenai Falls with the little food shack out front, right off highway 2?

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, OG.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wait... are those Dreads? Dana's alter-ego?

https://i.imgur.com/c7bxfUr.mp4

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Graphic showing destinations of homeless individuals given free bus passes (1 way ticket out of town)

https://imgur.com/gallery/yOEL7a9

FJB

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My youngest summited Rainier today. 26 mph winds but relatively clear for the most part. Linticular clouds in the background...rain within 24 hours?

Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Badass!

Looks damned cold, though . . . .

Related side story. I did Rainier in 1997 with RMI (Rainier Mountaineering), and they gave us a big checklist of things to bring. I didn't know shit about this type of thing, so it was all new to me. The list included, among other "ridiculously unnecessary" things in my opinion, "two pairs of gloves." I thought, WTF do you need TWO pairs of gloves for, we already have so much shit to carry. But I brought them anyhow, rules are rules!

Way the hell up there, at 12,000-13,000 feet somewhere, we stopped to piss. We were all roped together, so all you can really do is turn away from the others, whip it out and do your thing. So I pulled my gloves off (can't handle small objects with gloves on, y'know, did I mention it was cold?), and started peeing. Well, as I was doing that, I dropped a glove . . . and it rolled/blew away, away, away and over the edge of a crevasse.

It was at that moment that I truly understood the value of that second pair of gloves. :bow:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently TX has a wild boar (hog?) problem. 30% of the feral pig population is killed annually but the number needs to reach SEVENTY percent in order to reduce the population due to their fantastic reproduction.

FJB

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
^ Badass!

Related side story. I did Rainier in 1997 with RMI (Rainier Mountaineering), and they gave us a big checklist of things to bring. I didn't know shit about this type of thing, so it was all new to me. The list included, among other "ridiculously unnecessary" things in my opinion, "two pairs of gloves." I thought, WTF do you need TWO pairs of gloves for, we already have so much shit to carry. But I brought them anyhow, rules are rules!

Way the hell up there, at 12,000-13,000 feet somewhere, we stopped to piss. We were all roped together, so all you can really do is turn away from the others, whip it out and do your thing. So I pulled my gloves off (can't handle small objects with gloves on, y'know, did I mention it was cold?), and started peeing. Well, as I was doing that, I dropped a glove . . . and it rolled/blew away, away, away and over the edge of a crevasse.

It was at that moment that I truly understood the value of that second pair of gloves. :bow:

Hahaha!
Imagine if you're the one guy that turns everyone around because you had to take a leak and only had one glove....

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
My youngest summited Rainier today. 26 mph winds but relatively clear for the most part. Linticular clouds in the background...rain within 24 hours?

Congrats to your son Brian!!! Huge accomplishment for him must have been a great feeling on the summit. Mountaineering is out of the picture for me now with old knee injury. The cartilage in one knee won't stand up to the punishment of mountaineering activities but still plugging along with alpine and backcountry skiing as well as technical rock climbing at 53. So not bad and can count my blessings.

Though my nine year old grandson is already kicking my butt on rock climbing and in skiing is only a matter of time :bigsmile:

Hope you are enjoying retirement at the new place in Montana.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
^ Badass!

Damn Steve that must have been an awful feeling watching the glove disappear yikes icon_eek

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Congrats to your son Brian!!! Huge accomplishment for him must have been a great feeling on the summit. Mountaineering is out of the picture for me now with old knee injury. The cartilage in one knee won't stand up to the punishment of mountaineering activities but still plugging along with alpine and backcountry skiing as well as technical rock climbing at 53. So not bad and can count my blessings.

Though my nine year old grandson is already kicking my butt on rock climbing and in skiing is only a matter of time :bigsmile:

Hope you are enjoying retirement at the new place in Montana.

Thank you, yes retirement is good!

I'm still hiking at 59 along with wife and we used to do it all the time raising our kids but we never had a desire to summit big mountains. Its apparent that we got the youngest addicted to his current hobby.... he has done Mt Adam's (twice) Mt Hood, Mt Baker, Mt St Helen's, every peak in Olympic National Forest, and now Rainier, since May 2018. His goal is is Everest but we made an agreement he wont do that until A) has a job, or sponsors that will pay th $100k to pay for that and B) both wife and I are dead. I dont want to go to my sons funeral, I want him to come to mine.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Damn Steve that must have been an awful feeling watching the glove disappear yikes icon_eek

Yeah, it was pretty surreal.

But it would have been a hell of a lot worse if I hadn't had that second pair!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267 ... 410  Next