Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Election 2024? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EDIT: rather than muddle the forum with another election 2024 thread, and to preserve the opinions already voiced in this one, I've retitled it to broaden the scope into a fuller discussion of the soon to be expanded roster of candidates.

My buddy and I bandied this idea about, wondering the advantages of a Trump and Trump-lite ticket.

Given Trump's experience in office (and a Trump sized ego) he would be the obvious headliner. This would get him to get his vindication, and make him amenable to the next strategic move.

Said pal offered that a good play might be - presuming a winning bid - Trump occupies the WH and somewhat into his term, steps down allowing DeSantis to move up while retaining the ability to run for two full terms after the interim service expires.

Apparently, pal and I aren't alone in such musings:

"Suppose all the Trump vs DeSantis sparring is nothing but theater? What if the two Florida residents have discussed plans and strategy already?"

"My theory is that Trump and DeSantis formed a secret alliance, allowing the Trump-hating RINOs to pour hundreds of millions into DeSantis’s potential campaign. The two can feud publicly, sucking the air out of the political room for the next year, then join forces. Not only will they have a huge campaign war chest, but the NeverTrumpers who loved DeSantis one minute will have no idea what to do when they get their wish, except that their guy is running for the White House with another guy they loathe."

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... _2024.html

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That would be the dream ticket. Trump is old and it would be his second term so it would set DeSantis up for 2028.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:00 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Nope....

Trump has to go.

Clearly obvious from the mid terms.

If he runs the Dems win the W.H.,,,,, again.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup, by all means let the foxes tell the hens who to run for elections after the foxes finish cooking the ballot boxes...

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Nope....

Trump has to go.

Clearly obvious from the mid terms.

If he runs the Dems win the W.H.,,,,, again.
This. Anyone that thinks Trump can win with all his baggage is dreaming. He did a lot of good and thankful for that. Abortion and Trump blew the election

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:06 am

Thought it was pretty obvious after the midterms that Trump is dead weight to the GOP now.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Base disagrees. So when Trump wins the primary will you guys get behind him or not vote?

We don't need the never-Trumper shit from 2016. If he wins the primary you guys have a choice between him and Brandon or even worse, Kamel Toe or Butt-gag.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Alpine on Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Base disagrees. So when Trump wins the primary will you guys get behind him or not vote?

They'll vote for Biden again, like we all did.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the primary is Trump vs. DeSantis, I'm voting DeSantis.

If Trump is the nomination, I'm voting "Anyone but Biden"...

Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonder how the Lobotomized-tarians will vote. Gary Johnson was a new low and Spike Cohen and his running mate were even kookier and worse if that was possible and they still voted for Brandon to win.

Quote:

Quote:

Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:55 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

AR15L wrote:
Alpine wrote:

They'll vote for Biden again, like we all did.

You spelled Fetterman wrong.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Wonder how the Lobotomized-tarians will vote. Gary Johnson was a new low and Spike Cohen and his running mate were even kookier and worse if that was possible and they still voted for Brandon to win.

Who is they?
Oh, you mean the phony ballots of dead people and forgeries along with the machines owned by Soros?

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:

Do you ever get tired of being superior to everyone around you?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sparky D wrote:
If the primary is Trump vs. DeSantis, I'm voting DeSantis.

If Trump is the nomination, I'm voting "Anyone but Biden"...

:plusone: :yes:

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Do you ever get tired of being superior to everyone around you?

What is Aleppo? Some form of WMDs?

Quote:

Quote:

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next