Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 What vehicle do you have in the garage - and rarely drive? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AndreS wrote:
I built this about 12 years ago & put around 1K miles on this Mazda RX7 a year. A few of those are at full throttle... I bracket race it when I get the chance. Under the hood hides an aluminum chevy LS1 backed by a built 4L60E & 3600 stall converter. Usually it runs 11.7x to 12.1x depending on conditions
Best 1/4 mile pass 11.54 @117.

I have a former co worker and friend that put a nascar spec 355ci Chevy with fuel injection and a T10 muncie 4 sp in a TR7 convertible.
He said it ran under 10s in the 1/4
And I tend to believe him.
At the same time,I had an ‘87 turbo Supra the ran in the low 11s and after riding in his car I was scared!
He got it to 130 in third gear, and he shifted well before redline, on the on NB ramp on 45th street in Seattle from a dead stop. Felt like he might have pulled the front tires on launch.
Never saw the top end of his car, thank god

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:09 am

usrifle wrote:
What are your 60' times? I ran the Pro class at SIR (Yeah, its still SIR to me) back in the day with a Pro Charged 1995 Z28.

60ft times are usually 1.61-1.62, if it's really hot out 1.63. the 11.54 pass was on a really cold day with a 1.59 short time.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:15 am

Jeffro wrote:
AndreS wrote:
I built this about 12 years ago & put around 1K miles on this Mazda RX7 a year. A few of those are at full throttle... I bracket race it when I get the chance. Under the hood hides an aluminum chevy
I have a former co worker and friend that put a nascar spec 355ci Chevy with fuel injection and a T10 muncie 4 sp in a TR7 convertible.
At the same time,I had an ‘87 turbo Supra the ran in the low 11s and after riding in his car I was scared!
He got it to 130 in third gear, and he shifted well before redline, on the on NB ramp on 45th street in Seattle from a dead stop. Felt like he might have pulled the front tires on launch.

I don't doubt those times on those cars, they sound like a blast for the occasional spirited drive.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:19 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

AndreS wrote:
usrifle wrote:
What are your 60' times? I ran the Pro class at SIR (Yeah, its still SIR to me) back in the day with a Pro Charged 1995 Z28.

60ft times are usually 1.61-1.62, if it's really hot out 1.63. the 11.54 pass was on a really cold day with a 1.59 short time.

icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek

Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:00 am

Jeffro wrote:
AndreS wrote:
I built this about 12 years ago & put around 1K miles on this Mazda RX7 a year. A few of those are at full throttle... I bracket race it when I get the chance. Under the hood hides an aluminum chevy LS1 backed by a built 4L60E & 3600 stall converter. Usually it runs 11.7x to 12.1x depending on conditions
Best 1/4 mile pass 11.54 @117.

My generation one Yamaha V Max bike when it was stock would run a 10.8 sec 124 MPH quarter

Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:01 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Capn Blood wrote:

My generation one Yamaha V Max bike when it was stock would run a 10.8 sec 124 MPH quarter

I always liked those bikes. So cool and quick!

Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:12 am

DGM33 wrote:
Capn Blood wrote:

I always liked those bikes. So cool and quick!

With Supertrapps and a little engine work they sound awesome. So fast it scared me a little for about 6 months until I learned the ins and outs

Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My '07 Sahara has only seen boat duty this year, launching here at our neighborhood boat launch.

She is put away for the winter now. Hooked up to a Battery Tender Jr.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Those are so awesome! Along with the Typhoon, Not many people know the potential of them, awesome truck man.

DGM33 wrote:
Time to revive an old thread!
I bought my dream car: 1991 GMC Syclone, pristine collectible condition, only 21k miles. Almost completely stock, I have the original wheels and tires in my garage, but it's rocking Corvette Z06 wheels right now. They only made 2998 of these, has a turbocharged 4.3L V6, 35/65 F/R AWD, 4-wheel disc brakes. It has the classic cool factor of an old truck but leaps off the line like a sports car. Definitely a very different driving experience from my M3. I was 15 and just starting to drive when these came out and I've always wanted one. The value of these suckers is shooting up right now, especially clean, un-modded ones like this.

Attachment:
1DA5161B-0E26-4377-A1BD-8D201F19F995.jpeg

Attachment:
38539B60-1CBE-465B-98C9-AEC125BE4643.jpeg

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:29 pm

My money pit, 1967 Camaro, built 383 and a little touch of nitrous. But I drive it every chance I get.

free photo posting
free photo posting
free photo posting

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^ awesome! I'll get back into Muscle car one day. Wife has approved a 5 year plan. :)

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:47 pm

sportsdad60 wrote:
^^ awesome! I'll get back into Muscle car one day. Wife has approved a 5 year plan. :)

Make a point to tell her, they arnt being made anymore and price is just increasing. Also the savings and long term investment. lol

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

acidfly wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Make a point to tell her, they arnt being made anymore and price is just increasing. Also the savings and long term investment. lol

I've used this line for old guns I've bought, and they Have increased in value!
She SAID BUT YOU HAVE TO SELL THEM FIRST!. I cant use that excuse anymore cause I buy and hold...

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

acidfly wrote:
My money pit, 1967 Camaro, built 383 and a little touch of nitrous. But I drive it every chance I get.

free photo posting
free photo posting
free photo posting

That Car is SWEET!! :bow:

AndreS wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Damn...that thing hooks up! My 60 foot times were abysmal....but i couldn't run slicks with the factory 7 5/8" 10 bolt. The car did run 120 in the 1/4 though.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sure that qualifies as a Bitchin' Camero

:bow:

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next