Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Death Panels. Get used to it.

They don't exist.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

This looks like the dangers inherent in any program in which .Gov controls purse strings. He who pays, controls.
The parents seemed to beat that by raising money on their own though- Unconscionable to deny them the right to remove the child from the "care" of .Gov.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: South Puget Sound (sounds more hoity toity than Puyallup)
English doctors didn't want to lose face...baby loses.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I heard this on the radio today and I have been trying to figure out the British .Gov's real angle... Let me give a stab at it.
The child was born with a genetic disorder that messed him up, permanently. ( Infantile onset encephalomyopathic mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome, or MDDS )
Quote:
Charlie has a rare genetic condition and resulting brain damage that has robbed him of his ability to move his arms and legs, eat or even breathe on his own.

His parents are British, and would likely have returned to Britain with Charlie had they been allowed to seek treatment over here and it had been successful.
This seems a bit tinfoil maybe... But did the actuaries consider the costs of treating little Charlie through the rest of his life also? My guess is that potential life-long costs were a factor in the decision.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually as I understood it there was a slight chance the child would be totally cured, but yes there was also the chance that the kid might have medical costs for life, and if that's a reason for the UK to execute him then every criticism about death panels is dead on.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's an article about an American baby with the same mitochondrial syndrome as Charlie Gard:

http://www.theblaze.com/podcasts/couple ... speak-out/

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And the UK is about to put down another child despite the parents' wishes and claims that the child is responding to them.

In a possibly even more insane case, this child was harmed by the NHS at birth, resulting in brain damage. Then the NHS decided that they'd like to finish off the kid since I guess they didn't manage to kill it at birth.

Unbelievable.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/ja ... fe-support

Look at these chilling words from the judge
Quote:
He said the parents’ evidence on Isaiah’s level of responsiveness was “both understandably and sadly heavily influenced by the flattering voice of hope” and was not reliable evidence. “I am satisfied on the evidence before the court that Isaiah has no prospect of recovery or improvement given the severe nature of the cerebral atrophy in his brain.”

He was satisfied Isaiah would remain “ventilator dependent and without meaningful awareness of his surroundings”, adding: “Having as I must Isaiah’s best interests as my paramount consideration, I am entirely satisfied that it is no longer in Isaiah’s best interest to receive life-sustaining treatment.”

The judge paid tribute to the devotion of Isaiah’s parents. “It is trite but true to observe that the court cannot imagine the emotional pain that the conclusion of the court will cause to the parents. It is my hope that, in due course, the parents will be able to derive some small measure of comfort from the knowledge that they have done all that they can for their much-loved and cherished son to seek an alternative outcome for Isaiah.”

Judge-knows-best finishes up by taunting the parents and telling them they'll eventually get some "small comfort" from his execution of their child.

Remember stories like these the next time some deranged lib tries selling you on Single Payer. Do you want appointed judges "interpreting" medicine and ordering life and death?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
The UK government has given the parents until Wednesday to "prove" that their baby should be allowed to live, despite them raising the funds themselves.

Unbelievable. Gives whole new meaning to the term Euro-peon.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/10 ... alive.html

Quote:
A British judge told the parents of terminally ill baby Charlie Gard Monday that they had until Wednesday afternoon to submit what he called "new and powerful evidence" demonstrating that their son should be kept alive to receive experimental treatment.

So what's risk? The UK loses NOTHING by letting these parents pay to send their kid to America and then pay for an experimental treatment here. The only actual things the UK have to lose are... face and pride.

Think about that, they are so sure in their giving the authority of life and death to the State that to avoid any questioning of it they would sentence a baby to death.

LOOK AT THIS HORSE-SHIT!
Quote:
Standing in the way is London's Great Ormond Hospital and an independent guardian appointed to represent Charlie, who have argued that the infant's life support system should be switched off and he should be allowed to die with dignity.
Parents in Britain do not have the absolute right to make decisions for their children. It is normal for courts to intervene when parents and doctors disagree on the treatment of a child. The rights of the child take primacy, with the courts weighing issues such as whether a child is suffering and how much benefit a proposed treatment might produce.
Judge Francis had agreed with the hospital in April, ruling that Charlie had irreversible brain damage.

-How much "benefit"....
-A British judge overruled cutting edge physicians in the US and Italy who have pioneered a new experimental treatment

Quote:
Grant Armstrong, representing Charlie's parents, said there was "encouraging" evidence from researchers at the Vatican's children's hospital about the experimental treatment.

Last week, New York-Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan said it would "admit and evaluate" Charlie for treatment, providing that the baby could be transported safely to the facility.

"There are 18 children currently on this treatment," Connie Yates told Sky News before the hearing. "One of them wasn't able to do anything and now she's riding a bike."

Death's door to bike riding.... and yet the UK government has "judges" that "know what's best."

The British tried that "WHAT'S BEST" shit over 200 years ago here, it didn't work well for them...

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
here are some myths about Canadian health care. Looks like you've nailed a few. I live near Canada and have many friends there. I would take their healthcare in a heartbeat. Thanks for the misinformation though.

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2012/june/5-my ... are-system

Still want to take their healthcare?

Disabled Canadian Veteran asks for wheelchair ramp, gets offered medically assisted suicide instead. Not a mistake, Single Payer systems literally lead to government execution or at least attempts at it. Cue the suicide booths from Soylent Green.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/christ ... -1.6671721

Show me an American private insurance company that responded to a request from a paraplegic for a wheelchair ramp with an offer to euthanize them. Go on, we'll wait.

Quote:

Quote:

Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
here are some myths about Canadian health care. Looks like you've nailed a few. I live near Canada and have many friends there. I would take their healthcare in a heartbeat. Thanks for the misinformation though.

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2012/june/5-my ... are-system

I have a close friend that lives in Kelowna, has dual citizenship and says the Canadian system is a disaster.

She crosses the border and gets all her medical and dental stuff done in Omak or Wenatchee.

She has tried waiting out the Canadian system and has waited over a year for minor treatments.

But you keep on admiring that Canadian system you don't have to use...from this side of the border. :thumbsup2:

-- Travis A Kisner

Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a Christmas card from a relative in BC last week

She's hoping to get a hip replacement next spring. It's been a few years so we'll see

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmmm, I wonder if relatives and friend$ of those who make the decisions get treatment faster…

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Hmmmm, I wonder if relatives and friend$ of those who make the decisions get treatment faster…

It will be based on your social credit score. Buy any guns/ammo on CC lately?
Have it shipped via UPS?
Post much on any crank message boards, e.g. WaGuns?
Post offensive/hurtful memes?

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3