Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 War on Cash Ramps Up 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cash is king...at least in my world. I have credit/debit cards too...but try to deal in cash as much as possible.

It's like Matt says about the deals that arise when you have cash in your pocket, or at least at your disposal.

-- Travis A Kisner

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:

How is the government going to track every single one of those transactions?

You're both under arrest. You need permits and business licenses to repair mowers, and those eggs aren't FDA approved.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigzdawg wrote:
Selador wrote:
bigzdawg wrote:
Selador wrote:
And what happens when you can't buy or sell because you own guns?

Or because of your religious preferences?

Or because some unknown 'official' put you on a "No Buy" list with no reason given, no right or means to object legally, etc...

Can we say black market?

No cash = no black market.

And that is one of the key points.

The government can track every single transaction that goes through the banking system.

Even if you cash a check, they know you did it.

Every single transaction, period.

I don't think you understand the concept of black market.

If my neighborhood decides that dollars still work between us, then I can buy their eggs for dollars, and I can repair their mower for dollars.

Or we can just simplify and I will fix their mower in exchange for eggs, and milk.

Selanor, you added an additional concept into the discussion: trade in lieu of cash.

Agree this could happen in a 'civilization down" environment.

I am talking about right now. A very senior international tax attorney I know told me that about 5 years ago a story about a client he had that was fighting the IRS, and they came back with copies of canceled checks the guy had cashed over a decade before. Not deposited, but cashed. And this was before the banking regs tightened up, this guy had signed the checks over to a second party, who cashed the checks! You used to be able to do this, but no more. The IRS knew of every check the guy ever cashed, and this was many different accounts over many years.

If any money touches a bank at all, your friendly FedGov knows it forever.

The ability to track every purchase is here. Cash and Bitcoin (and silver and gold coins) counter this. All of these are tools to measure value to make trade efficient. Otherwise, without one of these tools, you have to find someone who wants eggs and milk in order to get your lawn mowed.

It is ultimately about government control of their population.

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:

You're both under arrest. You need permits and business licenses to repair mowers, and those eggs aren't FDA approved.

Good points, all.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: South Puget Sound (sounds more hoity toity than Puyallup)
For a story that's too long to go into, my daughter has hit roadblocks with accessing health care.

She had a problem, not and emergency, and did not want to go to the ER.

She tried to see a doctor, and pay cash. Nope. No cash accepted.

She called me, I called my doc. Nope, no cash accepted.

I called my chiro, who is a little more down to earth. He gave me the name of a doc who probably would accept cash.

Turns out, it was the first doctor who told her no. Now, all of a sudden, with a "cash" referral, the doors open.

Health care--ultimate control.

Imagine what would happen if you went to the grocery store, and had to swipe your health care card to get in.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nate wrote:

Health care--ultimate control.

Imagine what would happen if you went to the grocery store, and had to swipe your health care card to get in.

So you somehow accessed the Democrat health care population control bill, eh?

Eating an unapproved diet? Suddenly, your card doesn't work.

"sorry, bigzdawg, you eat too many potato chips, red meat, and drink too many soft drinks.

No heart surgery for you"

- your friendly Government healthcare

I get laughed at when I mention this concept..............

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:48 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

snozzberries wrote:
Pablo wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
I'll never stop using cash. I've actually been going the opposite direction recently...using cash for more and more things. Visa for less and less.

I think this is fundamentally what is bugging Visa and others!!

Yup. They track my movement without warrant via my phone. They track who I contact without warrant via my phone. They track my spending via my credit cards. They track my online activity. They track who I contact via email. They track what groceries I buy via the rewards cards.

Deny them as much information as you can. When opportunities present, corrupt the database with incorrect information.

:cheers2:
Right on. Whether it is intentional or not, we are being farmed like so many sheep.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/08/china-i ... t-now.html

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:14 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

snozzberries wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/08/china-is-living-the-future-of-mobile-pay-right-now.html

Quote:
But unless privacy issues have immediate negative consequences, convenience may trump all. A smartphone is increasingly the only thing someone in China needs to carry when going out.

Bingo. It seems like we humans opt for ease in the short term over possible long term consequences, and those who do consider those consequences are laughed at as troglodytes and conspiracy theorists.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/08/china-is-living-the-future-of-mobile-pay-right-now.html

up to date tracking...

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

Quote:
But unless privacy issues have immediate negative consequences, convenience may trump all. A smartphone is increasingly the only thing someone in China needs to carry when going out.

Bingo. It seems like we humans opt for ease in the short term over possible long term consequences, and those who do consider those consequences are laughed at as troglodytes and conspiracy theorists.

It's the shortsightedness of the species. People want a good quarterly report, at the risk of long-term success. They chop off their feet to loose weight.

I read/heard someplace, that the measure of Intelligence is the measure of how long of a train of thought you can have, before you lose it, get lost etc. Like looking ahead during a chess game. Stupid people only see 1 thing at a time. I'm hungry, I spend all my money on McDonald's. Smarter people see 2 steps, that I shouldn't spend my money at McDonald's, I should buy food from the grocery store as I'll get more for my money. IE I don't just need lunch, I need dinner too.

So many times I think Liberals are stupid, because they say shit like "That guy just killed people, ban guns!" They only see 1 step ahead, and can't actually have a real thought that explores all possibilities, and looks far into the future. Or a child that wants to eat nothing but candy, not looking far into the future of rotten teeth, bad health, fatness.

The war on cash is the same thing. We look at the short-term benefits, without considering the long-term impacts. The instant gratification of Facebook, not the long term impacts on your life. The short term thrill of writing up an epic rant, without seeing the long-term impacts when people start to hate me. Getting a fat profit on pmags, when people won't do business with you.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CBDC is nearing implementation. Unlike bitcoins etc. these currencies are centrally issued, trackable and controllable. Overlords don't like what you're saying or doing? (click: poof) You're insolvent and unable to participate in the economy - at all. No food, no rent, not medical services... nothing.

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/unbekn ... mpaign=560

"Around 90 central banks are either in the process of experimenting with or are already piloting central bank digital currencies (CBDCs)...

...Also firmly on board is the world’s largest asset manager, BlackRock, which helps many of the world’s largest central banks, including the Federal Reserve and the ECB, manage their assets while obviously keeping all potential conflicts of interests at bay...

We don’t know who’s using a $100 bill today and we don’t know who’s using a 1,000 peso bill today. The key difference with the CBDC is the central bank will have absolute control [over] the rules and regulations that will determine the use of that expression of central bank liability, and also we will have the technology to enforce that.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/unbekn ... mpaign=560

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Cash is only good for paying cabinet guys for illegal under the table labor so they can hide income from their ex wives.

Not guilty.... :peep:

Divided we fall.

Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Am I the only one that sees "Car Wash" every freaking time this thread pops up?!!

Damnit. 5 years later and this shit still bugs the fuck out of me when this thread pops up.

'car wash ramps up' ? WTF kind of thread title is........ohh.. fuck me...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well...

Car washes are a great way to launder cash, so there's that

Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:44 am

I signed up for bitcoin a couple months ago. Bitcoin wanted my SSI number so I dumped them. Businesses such as the roach coach still run on cash. Even my local roller skating place still is cash only.

Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next