Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 155  Next
 The WTF Thread? What makes you go: Wait, WHAT?! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WTF?
JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT a Lady's Home Companion meant sumthin' else. :drool:

The Ladies Home Companion by Cobray. It is chambered in 45-70 government,410 shotshell ,or .45 Long Colt. These were made by Cobray, which also produced the Street Sweeper shotgun.

If you”re wondering why Cobray chose that name (Ladies Home Companion), it’s because the Street Sweeper’s name was partially why it got targeted by politicians. Rather than choose something menacing, they went with something friendly.

It is officially classified by the ATF as a pistol/revolver that’s why it has no stock or forward pistol grip. I guess in a way you could call it a revolver since the drum does not remove for reloading.

The 45-70 pistols do have a grooved barrel and operates exactly like the 12 gauge units.

It weighs about 12 pounds and has a 2.5 lbs trigger pull.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wish I could direct link to these videos.
https://imgur.com/gallery/5KfHrm0
https://imgur.com/gallery/MbyQXZJ

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

eek

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
WTF?
JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT a Lady's Home Companion meant sumthin' else. :drool:

The Ladies Home Companion by Cobray. It is chambered in 45-70 government,410 shotshell ,or .45 Long Colt. These were made by Cobray, which also produced the Street Sweeper shotgun.

If you”re wondering why Cobray chose that name (Ladies Home Companion), it’s because the Street Sweeper’s name was partially why it got targeted by politicians. Rather than choose something menacing, they went with something friendly.

It is officially classified by the ATF as a pistol/revolver that’s why it has no stock or forward pistol grip. I guess in a way you could call it a revolver since the drum does not remove for reloading.

The 45-70 pistols do have a grooved barrel and operates exactly like the 12 gauge units.

It weighs about 12 pounds and has a 2.5 lbs trigger pull.

I’m sure my wife wants one of those....

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

don't forget batteries... oh, u meant the gun?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I read a few more of these... One of them from a few days ago genuinely ruined my day.
I guess I don't know how to separate well enough.

You know what is really dangerous? Reading through the history of the Great Terror, or Great Purge during Stalin's purging days. 1933-1938 (ish)... although the same thing was done to a lesser extent right up until Stalin's death in 1953 all through history and everywhere humans have ever lived.
We can be some pretty messed up animals.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can often see it in their eyes. Man decapitates his mom, takes her head to market, stabs a store worker a bunch of times... pleads guilty by reason of insanity. I think looking in his eyes is a pretty good indication that the plea has some basis in truth; whaddyew think?

http://komonews.com/news/local/man-accu ... oshua-webb

More gun restrictions are sure to come as a result of this heinous act.

And then there's Kisstol Kilough. She took an ax to a playground and threatened to "kill everyone".

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Inbreeding is bad

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
Inbreeding is bad

So many inappropriate comments...must not post. :Admin:

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

White people being classy:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/22/ca ... s-say.html

Folks? Don't do drugs.

My EYES, MYEYES! ("We think there was something in the meth" :facepalm2: :ROFLMAO: )

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/25/mo ... drugs.html

FJB

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He wanted to eat a baby... icon_eek among other foul things... now, out on bail.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/06/so ... -bond.html

FJB

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

First creepy clowns with knives in the woods, now cannibal child molesters???

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crim ... 73714.html

GREENVILLE COUNTY, SC

A man police say wanted to “cannibalize” a child after turning her into a “full time baby maker and sex slave” is out of jail on bond, according to court records.

Justin Teeter Bensing, 36, of Myrtle Beach, faces two counts of criminal solicitation of a minor in connection with a roundup of more than 40 accused child predators and sex traffickers announced last week by the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office.
Spoiler: show

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

that creature is a waste of air

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

story is in the WTF Thread. :popcorn:

FJB

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:28 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
story is in the WTF Thread. :popcorn:

Things that are this injurious to the fragile mind should not have their own thread... They should be in the WTF thread so I can ignore them more easily. :ROFLMAO:

I was tempted to merge it into that thread. :thumbsup2:
This world is largely insane.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 2312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 155  Next