Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 King County Sheriff Deputy assault with a deadly weapon 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
Ever try drawing down on a drawn gun? I challenge you to not get shot before you level your piece.

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

There were statistics gathered from an area in Ohio a while back that showed something like half of the guns taken from street criminals were either empty or were improperly loaded (wrong magazine, wrong size ammo, ammo in backwards, something other than ammo in the magazine, etc.).
I'm not much of a gambling man. To each their own though I guess.

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So here's the inevitable lawsuit. Some of the statements by the new sheriff and her actions are bizarre.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... ffic-stop/

Quote:
Sheriff Mitzi Johanknecht in April suspended Rowe for five days without pay, citing his “excessive use of profanity” and lack of courtesy. She didn’t punish Rowe for pulling his gun, saying she believed the officer when he claimed he thought Randall may have had a weapon in his waistband.

Quote:
Rowe does not immediately identify himself as an officer but says, “How ya’ doing?

Randall, who appears startled, curses, and then says, “What are you doing to me?”

“What do you mean what am I doing?” Rowe replies. “You’re (expletive) driving reckless. Give me your driver’s license or I’m going to knock you off this bike.”

“I will pull over. I am unarmed,” Randall said.

In the exchange that follows, Rowe repeatedly asks Randall for identification, threatens to “dump” the bike if it’s moved and then takes Randall’s wallet from his left pocket.

Randall tells Rowe several times that he cannot hear through the helmet and asks for permission to move the bike off the roadway, turn it off or take off his helmet. Rowe’s vehicle can be seen in a part of the video, and it appears his emergency lights are activated.

“I’m sorry. You have a gun drawn on me,” Randall said. “I’m a little panicked.”

“Yeah, you’re right, because I’m the police,” Rowe said. “That’s right. When you’re driving and you’re going to place people at risk at 100 mph-plus on the god-dang roadway.”

The result?
Quote:
In announcing her decision, Johanknecht disagreed with Urquhart taking sides before the investigation was concluded, and found that Rowe had not erred in drawing his gun, though she did say it should have been pointed downward and not at Randall.

Johanknecht explained that internal investigators had recommended Rowe be suspended for 10 days without pay, but that she was giving him five because he had undergone additional training and was apologetic.

She also said the detective and his family had suffered from “extra stress” due to the scrutiny of the event by news media and the public.

Usually I give police the benefit of the doubt, but this was pretty cut and dried wrong and it's sad to see KCSO cover this for guy.

You can all send him and Mitzi a thank-you note when this winds up costing the tax-payers hundreds of thousands in settlement pay-off cash.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Read this earlier.
I'd say that if it took a year before deciding to sue, I'll bet you he and his lawyer must have an iron clad case to do so now.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, apparently you can threaten lethal force because 'he could have a gun'. Considering everyone 'could have a gun' then you are arguing that you can pull your gun on anyone....

I still think that cop is lucky he didn't get killed.

If I'm sitting in traffic, and that dude walked up to my car with his gun in his hand, he'd find out how quickly I can maneuver a truck sideways and run his ass over. Hard lock & reverse will put you under my truck before you realize it...

I think anyone in their right mind would see this as a jacking or road rage incident, which I believe it was (road rage), but guy has a badge so......

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A lot of waiting to sue has to do with timelines for internal investigation and getting results, document requests, etc.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hes one of those typical dicks on a motorcycle.

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
hes one of those typical dicks on a motorcycle.

Yup. Lots of them too. Doesn't mean you get to pull up to them, point your gun at them, and refuse to ID yourself, making you look like a carjacker or road rager.....So, remind me, did this guy get a ticket? Because if not, that'd be a pretty big indication that he knew he fucked up and didn't want proof of it....

Also, reduced penalty for 'stress' brought on by the pressure of the investigation? You fucking kidding me? Since when do you get sympathy points for having to deal with an investigation because you fucked up?!

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Also, reduced penalty for 'stress' brought on by the pressure of the investigation? You fucking kidding me? Since when do you get sympathy points for having to deal with an investigation because you fucked up?!

Was thinking the same thing. Civilian gun owners get demonized to hell and that's IF they're in a situation where they followed the law and defended themselves. Remember Gail Gerlach?

Quote:

Quote:

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Usually I give police the benefit of the doubt, but this was pretty cut and dried wrong and it's sad to see KCSO cover this for guy.

Sadly this is SOP for most police disciplinary situations where collective bargaining is involved. What can and can't be done is spelled out in great detail deep within the contract.

While I lived in Colorado a Denver officer that committed a major screw-up, was canned by the Chief, sued and won not only his job back but several years worth of back pay. Reason? Because prior to his F-up another officer had done the exact same thing and wasn't canned even though the policy had changed since then.

We the public are outraged but all too often "Management" has their nuts in a vise due to the collective bargaining agreement in place.

On that note there needs to be some changes in State Law that have lately shown that officers are able to duck criminal charges if it can't be shown they had committed the crime without malice. Not negligence, stupidity, etc, but they must be shown that they acted with malice when they shot their victim. (Ian Birk an example).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Motorcyclist Wins $65,000 Settlement After King County Deputy Pulls Gun on Him

Quote:
The settlement, which was shared with me by the motorcyclist, states that the sheriff has agreed to implement an order classifying aiming a gun as a “use of force” and requiring that the department to track every single time an officer points their gun at a person. This is already standard practice for many law enforcement agencies across the country, including the Seattle Police Department.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SeattleWA/comm ... fter_king/

Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like the Rodney King video, there is more to the story than we were lead on. Someone commits a gross misdemeanor and acts like a suspect fleeing from a crime scene would lead me to believe the officer could articulate a potential threat from the motorcyclist.

We need balance here. Don't make things so dangerous for people minding their business and leading a peaceable life versus cops obeying a strict "RULES OF ENGAGEMENT" for civilians with endless questioning and threats to your privacy and livelihood. Who the hell would ever be a cop? At least a GOOD COP?

Don't get me wrong, I've had M4s pointed at me in my underwear at 2am for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I really don't like steroid head cops. But on the other hand, you have a cop chasing down a bike going 90+MPH in a busy residential area. Motorcyclist has some explainin' to do. NO ONE GOT HURT.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
Motorcyclist Wins $65,000 Settlement After King County Deputy Pulls Gun on Him

Quote:
The settlement, which was shared with me by the motorcyclist, states that the sheriff has agreed to implement an order classifying aiming a gun as a “use of force” and requiring that the department to track every single time an officer points their gun at a person. This is already standard practice for many law enforcement agencies across the country, including the Seattle Police Department.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SeattleWA/comm ... fter_king/

Are.You.Fucking.Kidding.Me.

Pointing a gun at someone, up until now, wasn't 'use of force'?

Uhh.... It's against the fucking law..

See what I mean about 'followed all dep't policies' and qualified immunity?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
Like the Rodney King video, there is more to the story than we were lead on. Someone commits a gross misdemeanor and acts like a suspect fleeing from a crime scene would lead me to believe the officer could articulate a potential threat from the motorcyclist.

We need balance here. Don't make things so dangerous for people minding their business and leading a peaceable life versus cops obeying a strict "RULES OF ENGAGEMENT" for civilians with endless questioning and threats to your privacy and livelihood. Who the hell would ever be a cop? At least a GOOD COP?

Don't get me wrong, I've had M4s pointed at me in my underwear at 2am for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I really don't like steroid head cops. But on the other hand, you have a cop chasing down a bike going 90+MPH in a busy residential area. Motorcyclist has some explainin' to do. NO ONE GOT HURT.

Oh fuck that.

HURRR ITS OK BECAUSE YOU DIDNT DIE, SO MY ASSAULT IS TOTALLY OK!

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16