Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 King County Sheriff Deputy assault with a deadly weapon 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
root wrote:
You know what? I can be more clear.

So you can see here, that we are pulled over on a shoulder of the road. The officers bang stick is still holstered, and the lights and siren were used to complete a traffic stop.

Not a gun!

Is that clear enough?

Can you make any arguments as to perhaps why the detective didn't do that?

Just brainstorming, perhaps the detective's car isn't equipt with sirens, perhaps the biker had ignored his flashing lights for two blocks, perhaps the detective WANTED to surprise and scare the XXXX out of the biker to demonstrate his lack of situational awareness.

Folks fall into two groups
Complainers or submit-your-application-since-you-can-do-it-better types.

I mean, I have a better job in the legal field so I actually turned the Job I got offered down. However, sure keep being obtuse.

And WHO the FUCK is the officer to "scare" someone for a fucking demonstration? Do you realize how completely idiotic that would be? Please pass to your left man. :bonghit:

No way he was equipped with only flashers... That isn't how that works.

Or, you know say "Im a police" at the very least.

Do you realize how absolutely absurd everything you just said was?

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
root wrote:

So you can see here, that we are pulled over on a shoulder of the road. The officers bang stick is still holstered, and the lights and siren were used to complete a traffic stop.

Not a gun!

Is that clear enough?

Can you make any arguments as to perhaps why the detective didn't do that?

Just brainstorming, perhaps the detective's car isn't equipt with sirens, perhaps the biker had ignored his flashing lights for two blocks, perhaps the detective WANTED to surprise and scare the XXXX out of the biker to demonstrate his lack of situational awareness.

Folks fall into two groups
Complainers or submit-your-application-since-you-can-do-it-better types.

Wow. I don’t work with the KCSO, but in all my work with the WSP and incidental work with the BPD through my work with Bellevue Fire and the Bellevue OEM, I’ve never seen a single vehicle that wasn’t equipped with a siren of some kind. And the argument that perhaps the deputy wanted to teach the motorcyclist some kind of lesson by surprising him? Yah...no. Not a thing.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Last edited by glockgirl on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:

Not a gun!

Is that clear enough?

This is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:

Not a gun!

Is that clear enough?

LOL! That was an awesome post!

And, I don't know if "lights" were used by the cop, but if they were NOT, he's lucky to be alive. Had that been you or me on a bike, and a guy holding his pistol on us, he and I would go out in a blaze of glory. Who the hell is this focking guy with a pistol drawn on me? A threat. That's who.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Douche on bike didn't get in trouble.

Douche with gun/badge didnt get in trouble.

Sounds like a draw.

Out of the two, I doubt the officer will behave like that again.

I am dead certian that the biker will change nothing and continue to ride like a douche.

Douche on bike threatens countless innocent people recklessing using the road as his speed strip.
Douche detective stops and warns him. Does get into some trouble and that won't be good for his wallet or career.
Douche on bike probably gets a large settlement for more douche toys to race around on the roads with.

Yes, the world is upside down cray cray.

Maybe define your opinion of "douche bike riders" as not all are douches....
Many years ago, I've ridden many, many miles at 130+mph on open roads in Washington, Montana and Utah with no traffic around. I've never, not even once, split lanes or rode on the shoulder, pulled wheelies on any street/freeway or drove aggressively weaving in an out of traffic. I don't consider myself a douche, extremely reckless many years back, but never a douche....
There's the never ending stigma that, much like opinions of lawyers, motorcycle riders are assholes and full blown douchebags, yet 99.8% aren't. Much like lawyers, that .2% of douchebags makes the rest look bad.
Majority of bike riders and lawyers are good people.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:

Not a gun!

Is that clear enough?

You win the internet for today.

Lolol

I hate asshole bikers just like the rest of us do. I don't see how pulling a gun on them is Justified. If the motorcycle started driving away what was he going to do? Start shooting?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think crayons should be used more often. More stick figures, less straw men! :rofl9: :thumbsup2:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

massive loves root tonight

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
root wrote:

Not a gun!

Is that clear enough?

And, I don't know if "lights" were used by the cop, but if they were NOT, he's lucky to be alive. Had that been you or me on a bike, and a guy holding his pistol on us, he and I would go out in a blaze of glory. Who the hell is this focking guy with a pistol drawn on me? A threat. That's who.

You should watch the video.

Yes, flashing red/blue lights are clearly visible on the unmarked car directly behind the non-attentive biker who was, according to the officer at the time, going 100 or 110mph for some time. In a heavily traffic area, 4 lane oncoming highway with intersections. Speed limit is probably in the 25-45mph range. Mix of residential and business type area. So, knowing nothing more, by definition that's at LEAST reckless driving which is a gross misdemeanor. Clearly probable cause that a crime is being committed. Clearly reason to stop him from continuing on.

Plain clothes detect "gets the drop" on our hero b/c he's not paying any attention to anything other than himself.

In essence, this cop walked right up behind him. No way for this biker to draw, and that's probably by design by this officer so he wouldn't get drawn on IMO. Officer did say he believed the biker might have been reaching for a weapon.

It wasn't a perfect stop/situation, but I guess I am in the minority in thinking the biker is 100% to blame here and the detective is reacting to a situation he didn't cause, in a not unreasonable fashion. PLENTY of times cops approach a stop with a gun drawn.

I think the big mistake was not citing him and arresting him and impound the bike.

But I yield to the superior crayon drawing logic, which of course is pretty much what can be expected.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
root wrote:

Not a gun!

Is that clear enough?

Yes, flashing red/blue lights are clearly visible on the unmarked car directly behind the non-attentive biker who was, according to the officer at the time, going 100 or 110mph for some time. In a heavily traffic area, 4 lane oncoming highway with intersections. Speed limit is probably in the 25-45mph range. Mix of residential and business type area. So, knowing nothing more, by definition that's at LEAST reckless driving which is a gross misdemeanor. Clearly probable cause that a crime is being committed. Clearly reason to stop him from continuing on.

Plain clothes detect "gets the drop" on our hero b/c he's not paying any attention to anything other than himself.

In essence, this cop walked right up behind him. No way for this biker to draw, and that's probably by design by this officer so he wouldn't get drawn on IMO. Officer did say he believed the biker might have been reaching for a weapon.

It wasn't a perfect stop/situation, but I guess I am in the minority in thinking the biker is 100% to blame here and the detective is reacting to a situation he didn't cause, in a not unreasonable fashion. PLENTY of times cops approach a stop with a gun drawn.

I think the big mistake was not citing him and arresting him and impound the bike.

But I yield to the superior crayon drawing logic, which of course is pretty much what can be expected.

The crayons do not lie, and you did want a simpler explanation so that is what you got.

I am going to drop this, as you are entirely in the singular minority

Not to mention the point has already been boiled down as much as it possibly can, and because I left the crayons on my desk in the office.

Last edited by root on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

Yes, flashing red/blue lights are clearly visible on the unmarked car directly behind the non-attentive biker who was, according to the officer at the time, going 100 or 110mph for some time. In a heavily traffic area, 4 lane oncoming highway with intersections. Speed limit is probably in the 25-45mph range. Mix of residential and business type area.

This biker is a well known squid and has many videos (some now deleted) on being an effective "squid" and not getting tickets but breaking the law.
In the video we don't see what happened prior to the stop, he was slowing down and barely into the speed limit. Would not surprise me if he was going 90+.

KCSO unmarked cars have lights, sirens and radios.

The detective made two main mistakes:
1. not identifying himself immediately (his badge is visible on his belt, this is standard plain clothes dress for KCSO, it is partially obscured by his jacket)
2. the stupid threatening words

The KCSO general orders manual says "Firearms shall not be drawn or pointed unless a deputy has reason to believe that their use may be required."
(deputy discretion)

The way he was holding it, in close proximity to the subject wasn't tactically sound. If he wanted to do a stop at gunpoint, that's not the way to do it.

Detectives don't do a lot of traffic stops. Adrenalin caused him to forget his training. A patrol deputy wouldn't make those same mistakes.

However, the FUNNY thing about this, is the Seattle liberals who though the new Sheriff would be great on civil liberties..... are now bent out of shape.
It is well known she has a good relationship with the guild which means this is the kind of outcome you will see on these kind of disciplinary issues.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

Ermm...that is definitely not going to be awkward come bedtime...

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a 2% douche on open roads who give a fuck...

cop got a pee pee slap as a vacation

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

glockgirl wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Ermm...that is definitely not going to be awkward come bedtime...

I hope you both thought of me, and my love. :inlove:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Yes, flashing red/blue lights are clearly visible on the unmarked car directly behind the non-attentive biker who was, according to the officer at the time, going 100 or 110mph for some time. In a heavily traffic area, 4 lane oncoming highway with intersections. Speed limit is probably in the 25-45mph range. Mix of residential and business type area.

This biker is a well known squid and has many videos (some now deleted) on being an effective "squid" and not getting tickets but breaking the law.
In the video we don't see what happened prior to the stop, he was slowing down and barely into the speed limit. Would not surprise me if he was going 90+.

KCSO unmarked cars have lights, sirens and radios.

The detective made two main mistakes:
1. not identifying himself immediately (his badge is visible on his belt, this is standard plain clothes dress for KCSO, it is partially obscured by his jacket)
2. the stupid threatening words

The KCSO general orders manual says "Firearms shall not be drawn or pointed unless a deputy has reason to believe that their use may be required."
(deputy discretion)

The way he was holding it, in close proximity to the subject wasn't tactically sound. If he wanted to do a stop at gunpoint, that's not the way to do it.

Detectives don't do a lot of traffic stops. Adrenalin caused him to forget his training. A patrol deputy wouldn't make those same mistakes.

However, the FUNNY thing about this, is the Seattle liberals who though the new Sheriff would be great on civil liberties..... are now bent out of shape.
It is well known she has a good relationship with the guild which means this is the kind of outcome you will see on these kind of disciplinary issues.

Detective also clearly sweeps himself with FoT several times.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next