Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Mechanics or Salesmen--Need opinions on this Diesel truck 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, here was my letter to him this morning regarding both the RV and the truck.

Hi Dad,
I got your letter.
Thanks for the counter offer. Great to hear you’re feeling better.

The first thing I thought after reading your letter was “But…but…SANTA, I’ve been a GOOD boy!” (See attached picture, it takes up very little bandwidth of your data)

Ah geez, Nelson, where do I start? The truck is in remarkable shape as is the RV. There is no doubt about it that you and Jean have taken extreme care of these toys.

Matter of fact, I don’t think I’ve met someone who took as good of care of your toys as you (Well, except for the bugs in the carburetor of the boat I bought from you, which put me back $800. But who could foresee such an anomaly?)

With that said, I’m throwing my wife under the financial bus…she gave me a hard-stop limit of cash which is $24,000 for our new retirement home.

If you met me half way between my offer ($21,050) and your counter offer ($28,000), that comes out to $24,525. I could stay at Boeing a few days beyond retirement date of June 28th and come up what’s beyond my budget. :)

If you agree to this price, I’d even wash your car while I was in town this May/June for our annual fishing trip. Heck I’ll even teach you to send an attachment off your computer. :)

Anyway, attached is my counter offer. If it gives you cold feet, let me know. You’re my best friend and best friends always want to make each other happy.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:38 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Haha, very nice!

So is that $24K offer for the truck plus the RV?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes. The RV is a twice-used 2001 Gulfstream Yellowstone Capri 37 ft 5th wheel with every option added. He bought it new for $40k in 2001.
Our intentions are to live in this on our lakeside, MT property while the house is being built in 2019.
All photos here--> https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/Yellows ... -and-Ford/

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He countered with 24,950 (he always gets the last bid, that's how he rolls)

We accepted. Flying out in May to pick up the rigs.
:)

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmmm.....do you still have to wash his car? :rofl9:
I think you did well, and you had some fun with the Old man too. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh crap...I foot to add that I shouldn't have to wash his other truck, dammit. He's going to hold that over me in May! Lol.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finalized on $25,000 for both the truck and the RV. The money will roll back into his trust for us kids.
The truck has hail dimple damage on the roof and hood when Dad got caught in a hail storm last summer returning from a camp trip.

I checked the ODO in Jan when I was back there, it has 61,000 miles on it. He has it all set up with anchor points and power for a slide in truck camper too.

5 weeks away! I'm excited to spend a couple of weeks on the road with wife and dog. My oldest son will keep the house secure while we're gone.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:27 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congrats on the new ride! Now, pay him in $1's... You have 5 weeks to work with banks to get 25,000 $1 bills. They can do it!

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh man. That would e funny!

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Make sure you grab a cam position sensor and a 10mm wrench and throw it in the glove box. 30 bucks and not having one WILL leave you stranded. Change it out in a few minutes on the side of the road.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Make sure you grab a cam position sensor and a 10mm wrench and throw it in the glove box. 30 bucks and not having one WILL leave you stranded. Change it out in a few minutes on the side of the road.

This......
Don’t get junk Napa one. Get factory ford. I put 4 Napa ones in our old truck before buying a ford one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is a simple article that explains it and the right one to get.

forddieselperformanceparts.com/news/7-3l-cam-position-sensor/

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you Myclone!
I read that as a warning, and will order a back up for the trip home!

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With that low of miles it is likely it has the original. Unless you know it has been change I would change it before you leave. The new style can be good for a few mpg’s. And the originals can be problomatic. Congrats on the deal.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Here is a simple article that explains it and the right one to get.

forddieselperformanceparts.com/news/7-3l-cam-position-sensor/

Uhm.....
There's way too much info to type out, way too much...
Go to Ford and buy the grey one.
Go to International and buy the black one.

If you haven't had the recall done, there was one quite a few years ago, you'll more than likely have a early black Ford OEM, not to be confused with the International black one, if you have the grey one in there the recall has been done.
Now.....if you have a failure, replace with the grey one. "IF" that doesn't get it running top notch, put in the international black CPS.
The black CPS has different dimensions, believe it or not, and I've seen a healthy handful were the updated grey CPS would no longer work, but the international black unit would. This is after the rig has been running a grey CPS for many miles and a new grey CPS would work but not get signal 100% of the time, sliding the International in netted positive results.
Do not use the blue CPS, and don't fall for the cps's that advertise advancing timing for more HP with whatever shit they're trying to sell.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next