Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:31 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 158  Next
 Good News - Bad News Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Call the manufacturer and see if they can exchange the stock for a LH one, or at least sell you one.
Unless you want another o/u for yourself. :wink05:

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
Call the manufacturer and see if they can exchange the stock for a LH one, or at least sell you one.

Good idea, i don't want another Trap Gun. I shoot my Field Gun pretty well and i don't want to change up or spend the Money. I highly doubt Mossberg makes a LH Cast Buttstock though, so that's a problem.
The Shotgun i bought him was the Mossberg Silver Reserve II Super Sport. 32" Barrels with porting, it has nice fit (Tight) and finish but it's all RH.
I never even thought about that when i bought it for him, he was frustrated with the results today.

I want the Young Man to have a Shotgun that fits him, one that's put's him on an even playing field. I wonder how awkward that is for a Lefty? He has not once complained, but i think i know why he isn't kicking my ass.
I want him to be better than me at everything he does, isn't that how Dad's are supposed to teach their Son's?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Isildur wrote:

Good idea, i don't want another Trap Gun. I shoot my Field Gun pretty well and i don't want to change up or spend the Money. I highly doubt Mossberg makes a LH Cast Buttstock though, so that's a problem.
The Shotgun i bought him was the Mossberg Silver Reserve II Super Sport. 32" Barrels with porting, it has nice fit (Tight) and finish but it's all RH.
I never even thought about that when i bought it for him, he was frustrated with the results today.

I want the Young Man to have a Shotgun that fits him, one that's put's him on an even playing field. I wonder how awkward that is for a Lefty? He has not once complained, but i think i know why he isn't kicking my ass.
I want him to be better than me at everything he does, isn't that how Dad's are supposed to teach their Son's?

You got chisels? Old Growth has got wood!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Isildur wrote:

You got chisels? Old Growth has got wood!

I don't think you understand Shotgun Cast brother Selador. It goes beyond a Buck knife and some sandpaper for a Lefty. :wink05:
I just want the Kid to have an even playing field.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never trust a guy who talks about another man’s wood...

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:bigsmile: Hell John, he's a bright boy. Flip the gun upside down, Duh! You are welcome. :bigsmile:

I shoot lefty as well, and never well with scatterguns. I'm just a slow crappy shot, but gun fit is everything, and even an off the shelf left hand model can benefit with a little tailoring to the shooter. I know you'll take care of him and get things squared away. Good luck.

BTW, I've got a lefty Remington 1100 semi auto he can borrow in the meantime if you think it will help.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
But cute :)

You own a gun and there is a what did you cook thread.

Moar quotes

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
:bigsmile: Hell John, he's a bright boy. Flip the gun upside down, Duh! You are welcome. :bigsmile:

I shoot lefty as well, and never well with scatterguns. I'm just a slow crappy shot, but gun fit is everything, and even an off the shelf left hand model can benefit with a little tailoring to the shooter. I know you'll take care of him and get things squared away. Good luck.

BTW, I've got a lefty Remington 1100 semi auto he can borrow in the meantime if you think it will help.

Thanks Traut, i may take you up on that. :thumbsup2:

I wish we had a dedicated Shotgun Shop around here, it would be nice if i could find a local smith to put a LH cast into his gun. I have an inquiry into Mossberg about a LH stock, but since they don't offer one i'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: I'm sending the Shotgun to this guy to have the Stock bent and fitted to my Son. He will remove the RH Palm swell as well and re-checker the grip for a total of 350 bucks.

http://thestockdr.com/

That will be a lot cheaper than buying him a new gun. :bigsmile:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad news: two of my close friends just lost their dads within a week of each other.

Good news: they both died at home, surrounded by family and without any drama.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
EDIT: I'm sending the Shotgun to this guy to have the Stock bent and fitted to my Son. He will remove the RH Palm swell as well and re-checker the grip for a total of 350 bucks.

I know several folks who have had work done by Dennis - you can be sure he'll do excellent work. Good choice!

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
usrifle wrote:

I know several folks who have had work done by Dennis - you can be sure he'll do excellent work. Good choice!

I sent him an e-mail and he called me shortly after. He explained the measurements he needs of my son to fit it, as well as discussing the process.

Nice guy and he knows his stuff. :thumbsup2:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Make sure you discuss with Dennis about recoil pad thickness and the possibility that the kid might still be growing and might need a longer LOP in the future.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

That's terrific. If the barrel ain't pointing exactly where you are looking when the stock hits your cheek, your pissing upwind. Glad you got the fix in motion.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Yeah sucks. 》《 close to putting it all behind us but good news, I still have about 20 cords of logs on the property neatly stacked just waiting for my chain saw as we are putting in a wood stove as a 3rd option of heat in our home.

Hope ya make it out this year!

Sold the property again yesterday!
:wink05:
This time to a family, of lawyers icon_eek From Philly. At least its likely they'll have the money.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news: After a week of diarrhea I went to the doctor. Got a prescription for azithromycin to try and kill off whatever is living in my guts

Bad news: Someone gets to fill four jars with poop and take it to the lab

Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 158  Next