Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 158  Next
 Good News - Bad News Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
AR15L wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Bad: AC went out Friday, and hot humid this week.
Bad: I Thought the 22-year-old unit was toast and would run $8K.
Good: AC guy found that a rattlesnake caused the malfunction.
Bad: Wife hates snakes.
Bad: $325
Good: Not $8K, and other than that he said the unit was still going strong.
Good: Getting a $50 rebate from the electric company.
:thumbsup2:

Good: You had rattlesnake for dinner?

A little overcooked already. icon_eek

Tasty, just like chicken… :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good News: We finally finished my wife’s friend moving job, last run to the dump with a filled 18’ car trailer load.

Bad News: Getting ready for the Elma Citywide Garage sale in a few weeks with 10+ years of accumulated crap since the last one… icon_eek

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
Good News: We finally finished my wife’s friend moving job, last run to the dump with a filled 18’ car trailer load.

Bad News: Getting ready for the Elma Citywide Garage sale in a few weeks with 10+ years of accumulated crap since the last one… icon_eek

Good News: You can use the money from selling 10+ years of crap to accumulate more guns and gun accessories.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad news:
Our 2007 Truck Camper has no A/C and was unbearable in 90 deg heat in central MT fishing for 5 days.

Good news: Green light from CFO (Wife) to purchase an almost new Lance 1062 camper with bells/whistles/and most important....A/C!

"Moving on up!"

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad: My CO detector in the center of my shop alarmed at 12:50 today, false, unknown

Good: I got to meet the crews of two fire trucks, fire marshal/chief lady, another couple crews, aid car..........they must be ready to roll!! :bigsmile: :rofl9: :ROFLMAO:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eagle Chaplain wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

Good News: You can use the money from selling 10+ years of crap to accumulate more guns and gun accessories.

1/2 of the money, gotta share with the little woman, I can still can get a lot of fuel for the boat, I’m sitting good on what’s in the safe. :wink05:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Bad news:
Our 2007 Truck Camper has no A/C and was unbearable in 90 deg heat in central MT fishing for 5 days.

Good news: Green light from CFO (Wife) to purchase an almost new Lance 1062 camper with bells/whistles/and most important....A/C!

"Moving on up!"

Yahoooo!!!! You’re doing it right on the downslope. Go big or go home!!!. :thumbsup2:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good News: After a year of watching the woman struggle with a bad shoulder, she finally did ALLLL the hurdles and steps (PRP, Acupuncture, PT, Massage, Chiro, clicking her heels together three times etc ) to see a surgeon consult to talk about options.

Bad News/Good News: Surgeon agreed that surgery is pretty much her only option at this point. Diagnosed it as DCO, where the clavicle and AC joint are rubbing against each other so much that the clavicle breaks down into sharp knives basically and stabs the AC each time you move your shoulder...

Good News: Insurance authorized the procedure, now we just have to schedule

Bad News: Ortho called and said they have an opening on TUESDAY (like in 4 days) for the surgery... That's like, fast in the Ortho surgery schedule world. Which means we need to get our shit in gear for what comes next. Surgery healing time is 6 weeks min (most of it in a sling), up to 12 weeks. She will be off work for at least 6 weeks and then light duty for at least 6 after that.

Good News: She will be able to spend a lot of time suns out / buns out on the deck working on her tan.

Bad news: She is going to drive me crazy, because she will be so stir cray cray.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All and all great news. Folks I know with THAT surgery have been very happy.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They gonna stick a sheet of teflon in there?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selador wrote:

They are going to remove bone in the clavicle. Repair the AC joint and then reconnect her bicep to a different tendon because there is also bursitis on top off all this fun.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:

They are going to remove bone in the clavicle. Repair the AC joint and then reconnect her bicep to a different tendon because there is also bursitis on top off all this fun.

Wow.

I'll be praying that the doctors have unusually great skill and knowledge in performing the surgery.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:

I had very similar surgery many years ago. The Bicep Tendon was shortened and relocated and the joint cleaned up. I was off work for 4 months!
I learned to be left handed though, never did Bowl a higher score at Wii bowling with my Right after that.

Yep, she's going to drive you crazy... :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Bad news:

"Moving on up!"

Yahoooo!!!! You’re doing it right on the downslope. Go big or go home!!!. :thumbsup2:

Thanks!
We wheeled and dealed and sealed this morning, they gave me 1500 more for my old Truck camper than I paid 3 years ago and knocked 3k off the price of this 2019 Lance 1062.

They are also going to install Torqlift tie downs on my new truck!

So, we do the swap when the torqlift frame tie downs come in.

Photos of the new truck camper...

https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/2019-Lance-1062

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 158  Next