Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 158  Next
 Good News - Bad News Thread 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Good news: 93 Harley started
Bad news: S&S Super E carb is still leaking and battery charging wire is really hot.

Thinking battery is bigger than standard causing heat and adjusted the float arm.

Good news: Getting my son braces tomorrow
Bad news: Insurance won't cover it, have to pay cash.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

girlfriends mom had a heart attack this morn,

she doing ok, sore

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news: Sent a lucrative bid to the Netherlands
Bad news: Terrible and continued internet connection issues at home base are driving me nuts since the power outage. Delayed sending quote!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad news: Wallet literally fell to pieces today. I went to pull out my Costco card and the entire left side just ripped open, cards everywhere.

Good news: Goodwill has decent wallets for less than $5 in Monroe. Score!

Bad news: transferring all your cards is a bitch and a half. Even after you sort out all the ones that you no longer need, now you need to work out a totally new arrangement based on size of the card slots, accessibility, ect ect.

.....First world problems, I suppose....

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Bad news: Wallet literally fell to pieces today. I went to pull out my Costco card and the entire left side just ripped open, cards everywhere.

Bad news: transferring all your cards is a bitch and a half. Even after you sort out all the ones that you no longer need, now you need to work out a totally new arrangement based on size of the card slots, accessibility, ect ect.

It's better than farting a good one only to realize half the noise was really bubbles.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Captain90s wrote:

It's better than farting a good one only to realize half the noise was really bubbles.

I'm not seeing the good news here. Was it in the boss's office?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good: The yard got mowed. The lamp post got painted. A new solar powered lamp post light was installed.
Bad: I'm the one that did all the work. icon_eek

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news i found out i don't have a infection on my ankle replacement.
Bad news. Same day i found out i broke 2 ribs.

Good news i scored a hard to find sig 220 carry in two tone in like new condition.
Bad news. The grips i had in mind to install on it i can't find. And the ones on it are really sucky.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:29 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Bad news;
Woman sets up homeless mansion in seattle by the Needle (seems aprapo) that went viral....."Why pay rent when you can live for free"

Good News;
Dori Monson sets up a shelter yesterday to make a point. Was told by authorities that he needed to take it down. They wait till after his show to enforce the removal.... Now Dori is on the Radio again making a point and calling the City out on their BS handling of his shelter vs the "Homeless woman".

Go get em Dori :thumbsup2:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:23 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Good news: P series Rolex Sea Dweller gained 3 seconds in 26 days in daily wear.

Bad news: That seems too good to be true. Usually just over 1 sec/day past few years.
Going to have to monitor it more closely.

Used to be .25 sec/day back in 2002, so I guess it's possible.

I had an 18K Zenith Rainbow El Primero (white dial 18K tachometer bezel) that was within 1 sec/month sitting in a display box after being wound every day.
10 beats per second, 36,000 beats per hour, 1,080,000 beats per month.
And in that month it was off by 10 beats.
Freaky.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good News: Ordered part has made it through the snow storms in the mid west, from NJ, to land in Seattle...

Bad News: part was sent from Seattle to Federal way (the opposite direction from Sea-town to my house) and the USPS tracking shows it "departed" Federal Way TWICE on Sunday... hmmmm

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Good news: P series Rolex Sea Dweller gained 3 seconds in 26 days in daily wear.

Bad news: That seems too good to be true. Usually just over 1 sec/day past few years.
Going to have to monitor it more closely.

Used to be .25 sec/day back in 2002, so I guess it's possible.

I had an 18K Zenith Rainbow El Primero (white dial 18K tachometer bezel) that was within 1 sec/month sitting in a display box after being wound every day.
10 beats per second, 36,000 beats per hour, 1,080,000 beats per month.
And in that month it was off by 10 beats.
Freaky.

This is all bad news. If a watch costs that much it better never be off. You got screwed.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good: I was offered a very good paying job that is also pretty easy. Being an air defense instructor as a civilian for the US Army, about $65k a year.
Bad: It would involve going to Lawton, OK for four years.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Good: I was offered a very good paying job that is also pretty easy. Being an air defense instructor as a civilian for the US Army, about $65k a year.
Bad: It would involve going to Lawton, OK for four years.

That's not a job offer, that's the offer of a career....big difference. 4 years of that on a resume might lead to bigger things, or a promotion.

And 65k in OK would be decent money.

You can blow off jobs, but sometimes careers require sacrifice. If you're into it, think about it.

Would hate to see you go, but encourage you to consider the opportunity :thumbsup2:

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news: I cleaned most of the trash out of my Jeep. It's been needing a good cleaning and vacuum for some time, and I finally got around to it. Found things that I didn't even know were missing.

Bad news: It started pouring rain before i could sort the non garbage, or do the back area.

Weird news: I found a garage door opener that I have no idea where it came from or how it got in my Jeep....

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 158  Next