Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 158  Next
 Good News - Bad News Thread 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jukk0u wrote:
BD, since you'll be on the big continent... maybe you can find the time to fly a tad north and go on safari? Be a shame to go all that way and not get a trophy or two and enjoy the local cuisine.

BTW: why South Africa? Does your sister live there? Fiance` have ties there? Not my business but... sure does pique the curiosity.

Safari is definitely in the cards, but it'll be a sightseeing safari, not a hunt. My sisters Fiance' participates in an 8-day bike race called Cape Epic. It's a pretty big deal race and they love Cape Town. So they thought they would get married a day after he crosses the finish line.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
BD, since you'll be on the big continent... maybe you can find the time to fly a tad north and go on safari? Be a shame to go all that way and not get a trophy or two and enjoy the local cuisine.

BTW: why South Africa? Does your sister live there? Fiance` have ties there? Not my business but... sure does pique the curiosity.

Safari is definitely in the cards, but it'll be a sightseeing safari, not a hunt. My sisters Fiance' participates in an 8-day bike race called Cape Epic. It's a pretty big deal race and they love Cape Town. So they thought they would get married a day after he crosses the finish line.

Tell him "carpe' cape"!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:35 am

Good:
Got my work done a day early in PA, DE & VA, I’m heading HOME tomorrow.

Bad:
Got a call today, I’m heading out to CA for work on Monday, then four days off until I head to PR and USVI for more WORK.

Yeah I know... First World Problems...

Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad... Very Bad: I just found out that my nice's wife has days/hours before she passes due to cancer. Had no idea, been going on for like seven years.

Good: My Fiancee is here with me this weekend.

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news:
Day 4 is a wrap, we started 4 days ago and it was 9 deg when we left. 60 now and 76 deg tomorrow at our destination Oceanside, California.

Bad news:
Conceal and carry had to be stored in RV (considered a domain) since California only has interest in keeping criminals armed, not law abiding citizens. :/

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Good news:

We're in California!

Bad news:

We're in California!

FIFY :bigsmile:

Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Good news:
Day 4 is a wrap, we started 4 days ago and it was 9 deg when we left. 60 now and 76 deg tomorrow at our destination Oceanside, California.

Bad news:
Conceal and carry had to be stored in RV (considered a domain) since California only has interest in keeping criminals armed, not law abiding citizens. :/

Oceanside is pretty nice, we were just there in June after spending some time skiing in Mammoth Lakes and visiting family in Orange County and San Bernardino County.

Yes the conceal carry laws suck in California. We carried on the roadtrip from Texas through every state in the Southwest then had to unload our guns at the California border with unloaded guns stored in locked container then unloaded mags and ammo stored in separate container. We'd take our guns into our hotel rooms every night. PITA.

If you get a chance the drive up Highway 395 from San Bernardino, CA to Reno, NV is pretty impressive. The southern portion is plain old desert but about 3 hours north travels along the Eastern escarpment of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Pretty amazing mountain scenery.

Enjoy the travels.

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Good news:

Bad news:

Oceanside is pretty nice, we were just there in June after spending some time skiing in Mammoth Lakes and visiting family in Orange County and San Bernardino County.

Yes the conceal carry laws suck in California. We carried on the roadtrip from Texas through every state in the Southwest then had to unload our guns at the California border with unloaded guns stored in locked container then unloaded mags and ammo stored in separate container. We'd take our guns into our hotel rooms every night. PITA.

If you get a chance the drive up Highway 395 from San Bernardino, CA to Reno, NV is pretty impressive. The southern portion is plain old desert but about 3 hours north travels along the Eastern escarpment of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Pretty amazing mountain scenery.

Enjoy the travels.

We took 395 down from Pasco and it was BEAUTIFUL! HOLY HELL at 4100 ft avg elevation most of the way. We didnt go under 4000 until we hit San Bernadino yesterday!

My 7.3 L diesel took a MPG hit (10) but it was worth it.
Normal mileage is 11.7 mpg towing our 34 ft 5th wheel.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Good news:

Bad news:

Enjoy the travels.

We took 395 down from Pasco and it was BEAUTIFUL! HOLY HELL at 4100 ft avg elevation most of the way. We didnt go under 4000 until we hit San Bernadino yesterday!

My 7.3 L diesel took a MPG hit (10) but it was worth it.
Normal mileage is 11.7 mpg towing our 34 ft 5th wheel.

Glad you enjoyed it. That's my favorite scenic highway in California along the East Side of the Sierra Nevada. The scenery starts about an hour south of Reno and gets progressively better farther southwards until the Kennedy Meadows area where it transitions into the Mojave desert. The Sierra Nevada is impressive as hell as mountain ranges go.

I'm a bit partial as I lived and worked in Mammoth Lakes teaching skiing (many moons ago now). It can be rough in mid-Winter even with 4WD. Last year was a big winter and had friends in Mammoth Lakes could barely make it to Reno at times for shopping.

Grew up in Redlands right next to San Bernardino on I-10. It was nice growing up there but would never move back to the state under any circumstances.

The other big scenic draws in California are Carson Pass (Highway 88), Lake Tahoe, Mt Lassen, and the Shasta area. Some beautiful scenery there though it's unfortunate the state government is in the shape it's in.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Good News: My sister is getting married!
Bad News: They chose their venue to be Cape Town, South Africa
Good News: I get to take my family to South Africa!
Bad News: See above $$$

That's going to require a mighty big get home bag!

Ditto!

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Bad news: while most of my tumors are showing dramatic shrinkage (heh) there are at least 2 that aren't and one is definitely larger. Little bastard almost got me kicked out of the trial...I have 2 more months to hope it shrinks!

Good news: Got upgraded to first class for my flight home. Thx Alaska!

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:11 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good News: You have been, successfully, fighting this for over 3 years!

Bad News: none I can think of.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like reading the good news about this. Gives me something to look forward to.
No bad news allowed.
:thumbsup2:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:42 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kgbsucka wrote:
Bad news: while most of my tumors are showing dramatic shrinkage (heh) there are at least 2 that aren't and one is definitely larger. Little bastard almost got me kicked out of the trial...I have 2 more months to hope it shrinks!

Good news: Got upgraded to first class for my flight home. Thx Alaska!

Welcome back. You are one tough motherfucker. :bow:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 158  Next