Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 158  Next
 Good News - Bad News Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
My brother says that the Bug Assault guns work better with kosher salt --- sort of like buckshot instead of birdshot.

Will try next load! :thumbsup2:

Stay tuned as Pablo prepares to shoot his load. icon_eek

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Pablo wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
My brother says that the Bug Assault guns work better with kosher salt --- sort of like buckshot instead of birdshot.

He's gonna have to briskly work the pump on that gun to git'er done :rofl9:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Pablo wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

He's gonna have to briskly work the pump on that gun to git'er done :rofl9:

I'm told it only takes a couple pumps to achieve target velocity.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hahahhahahaa you guys and your spud gun jokes. Illegal in 57 states. icon_eek :bigsmile: :rofl9:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Hahahhahahaa you guys and your spud spunk gun jokes. Illegal in 57 states. icon_eek :bigsmile: :rofl9:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Hahahhahahaa you guys and your spud spunk gun jokes. Illegal in 57 states. icon_eek :bigsmile: :rofl9:

Careful where you stick that thing!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news is the Wife and i went shopping for a new Dining room set and the 1st place we went to in Fife she found a table set she liked. :thumbsup2:

(Mind you, this after hitting every Furniture place in Tukwila last weekend, so i was prepared to spend the day running around Tacoma looking).

Bad news?

Some assembly required. Two chairs together now out of six, and a 180lb table still in the back of my Truck that needs to be brought into the house and assembled.

My one neighbor with a strong back is doing Coastie duty, this might be a bit of a challenge getting it into the house.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Good news is the Wife and i went shopping for a new Dining room set and the 1st place we went to in Fife she found a table set she liked. :thumbsup2:

(Mind you, this after hitting every Furniture place in Tukwila last weekend, so i was prepared to spend the day running around Tacoma looking).

Bad news?

Some assembly required. Two chairs together now out of six, and a 180lb table still in the back of my Truck that needs to be brought into the house and assembled.

My one neighbor with a strong back is doing Coastie duty, this might be a bit of a challenge getting it into the house.

I'll state the obvious... she wanted it, make her carry it inside.

:peep:

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

Bad news?

You pay out the azz for assembled furniture!
When we sold or gave away all of our furniture in 2019, we purchased all new furniture in MT.

Wife had a $15k budget and she used it damn near up. But....It was all quality stuff, some of it build by those shady guys in PA. This included outdoor furniture.

Funny part is, we always wanted leather furniture but KNEW better than to buy it while raising kids. We finally got leather now that we're empty nesters although one kid is back from college. He doesn't jump on the couch anymore. :bigsmile:

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Bad news?

You pay out the azz for assembled furniture!
When we sold or gave away all of our furniture in 2019, we purchased all new furniture in MT.

Wife had a $15k budget and she used it damn near up. But....It was all quality stuff, some of it build by those shady guys in PA. This included outdoor furniture.

Funny part is, we always wanted leather furniture but KNEW better than to buy it while raising kids. We finally got leather now that we're empty nesters although one kid is back from college. He doesn't jump on the couch anymore. :bigsmile:

He doesn't jump on the Couch, but what about the 4 legged Kids? :bigsmile:

That Amish furniture is nice stuff! This dining set is nothing fancy, it's Mango wood and all solid with no veneer's and matched the floors and other stuff so it will do.

Stretching it with the size, our dining room is small and the LR is sunken so if you slide the chair back too far on that end your Ass will topple into the LR.

We will only seat people on that end we don't like. :rofl9:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Bad news?

I'll state the obvious... she wanted it, make her carry it inside.

Tell your wife that the next time she wants something and it's heavy. Be sure and Video it, i want to see an angry little Asian lady Kicking your old white Ass when you tell her YOU wanted it, so YOU carry it in.

:ROFLMAO:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The dogs have only the love seat to share, and ONLY with a dog blanket on it. They aren't even allowed on the bed.

We put up aluminum foil on the other sections when we leave for the day. Animals dont like aluminium foil....

Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
The dogs have only the love seat to share, and ONLY with a dog blanket on it. They aren't even allowed on the bed.

We put up aluminum foil on the other sections when we leave for the day. Animals dont like aluminium foil....

Now that's a good piece of info about the Aluminum Foil, i didn't know that! My dog doesn't get on Furniture, but mt daughter's big lug's will.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news...the Table and 6 chairs are all assembled and in place. :thumbsup2:

Bad news? The leaf will never be able to be added, the room is just too small.

Good news.....Selling my old Table, chairs and sideboard (That was in the storage building) let me buy the new set and even put an extra 1K in my pocket.

Bad news? I sold the old set too cheap, the furniture place i sold it too has the 4 chairs listed for 2300 alone!

It was a late 60's Moller Danish Teak set, apparently they are all the rage right now with the upscale crowd. Oh well, it was free to me when i got it.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad: I might be getting a $1500 a year pay cut come September.
Good: Instead of working as a contractor that is year to year, I would be in a GS position with job security. Opportunities for paid travel, and the ability to work in almoast any place in the country/world.

Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 158  Next