Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:42 am


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 1605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 107  Next
 Good News - Bad News Thread 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: The banana belt of Sequim
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016
Posts: 1636
Real Name: Jay
Call the manufacturer and see if they can exchange the stock for a LH one, or at least sell you one.
Unless you want another o/u for yourself. :wink05:

_________________
MadPick wrote:
. . . and the more I lubed it, the better it did.


Thread all the things and suppress all the threaded things.

Jay
I'm not interested in how or where a weapon is made, as long as it does the job it needs to do and I know how to use it.
As long as it fires ammunition and you've got lots of it, that's all you should be concerned about.
Andy McNab, SAS


Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:36 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14263
Real Name: John
Isildur wrote:
Call the manufacturer and see if they can exchange the stock for a LH one, or at least sell you one.
Unless you want another o/u for yourself. :wink05:


Good idea, i don't want another Trap Gun. I shoot my Field Gun pretty well and i don't want to change up or spend the Money. I highly doubt Mossberg makes a LH Cast Buttstock though, so that's a problem.
The Shotgun i bought him was the Mossberg Silver Reserve II Super Sport. 32" Barrels with porting, it has nice fit (Tight) and finish but it's all RH.
I never even thought about that when i bought it for him, he was frustrated with the results today.

I want the Young Man to have a Shotgun that fits him, one that's put's him on an even playing field. I wonder how awkward that is for a Lefty? He has not once complained, but i think i know why he isn't kicking my ass.
I want him to be better than me at everything he does, isn't that how Dad's are supposed to teach their Son's?

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:21 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 12139
Real Name: Jeff
usrifle wrote:
Isildur wrote:
Call the manufacturer and see if they can exchange the stock for a LH one, or at least sell you one.
Unless you want another o/u for yourself. :wink05:


Good idea, i don't want another Trap Gun. I shoot my Field Gun pretty well and i don't want to change up or spend the Money. I highly doubt Mossberg makes a LH Cast Buttstock though, so that's a problem.
The Shotgun i bought him was the Mossberg Silver Reserve II Super Sport. 32" Barrels with porting, it has nice fit (Tight) and finish but it's all RH.
I never even thought about that when i bought it for him, he was frustrated with the results today.

I want the Young Man to have a Shotgun that fits him, one that's put's him on an even playing field. I wonder how awkward that is for a Lefty? He has not once complained, but i think i know why he isn't kicking my ass.
I want him to be better than me at everything he does, isn't that how Dad's are supposed to teach their Son's?

You got chisels? Old Growth has got wood!

_________________
-Jeff

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

The problem with being on social media, is that you know too many people that you don't know.

Joy is not a feeling. It is a strength. Some people are stupid, that's all there is to it. (And sometimes that stupid person is me/you.) Sometimes you just have to let stupid people be stupid. Don't let stupid steal your joy.

Holding onto unforgiveness and resentment is like drinking poison and expecting that other person to die. Anger will eat you up.

Freedom without responsibility is chaos.


Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:01 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14263
Real Name: John
Selador wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Isildur wrote:
Call the manufacturer and see if they can exchange the stock for a LH one, or at least sell you one.
Unless you want another o/u for yourself. :wink05:


Good idea, i don't want another Trap Gun. I shoot my Field Gun pretty well and i don't want to change up or spend the Money. I highly doubt Mossberg makes a LH Cast Buttstock though, so that's a problem.
The Shotgun i bought him was the Mossberg Silver Reserve II Super Sport. 32" Barrels with porting, it has nice fit (Tight) and finish but it's all RH.
I never even thought about that when i bought it for him, he was frustrated with the results today.

I want the Young Man to have a Shotgun that fits him, one that's put's him on an even playing field. I wonder how awkward that is for a Lefty? He has not once complained, but i think i know why he isn't kicking my ass.
I want him to be better than me at everything he does, isn't that how Dad's are supposed to teach their Son's?

You got chisels? Old Growth has got wood!


I don't think you understand Shotgun Cast brother Selador. It goes beyond a Buck knife and some sandpaper for a Lefty. :wink05:
I just want the Kid to have an even playing field.

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:07 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 7245
Real Name: Steve
Never trust a guy who talks about another man’s wood...


Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:08 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Downtown Newcastle
Joined: Sat Mar 5, 2016
Posts: 3011
Real Name: Traut
:bigsmile: Hell John, he's a bright boy. Flip the gun upside down, Duh! You are welcome. :bigsmile:

I shoot lefty as well, and never well with scatterguns. I'm just a slow crappy shot, but gun fit is everything, and even an off the shelf left hand model can benefit with a little tailoring to the shooter. I know you'll take care of him and get things squared away. Good luck.

BTW, I've got a lefty Remington 1100 semi auto he can borrow in the meantime if you think it will help.

_________________
I always thought growing old would take a lot longer.....

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:18 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Joined: Wed Jul 8, 2020
Posts: 566
Real Name: Steve McGee
Pablo wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
But cute :)


You own a gun and there is a what did you cook thread.


Moar quotes

_________________
Trogdor wrote:
Need to multiply that 10x and have a bunch of shit floating in muddy water with a visible layer of herpes.


Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:58 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14263
Real Name: John
Traut wrote:
:bigsmile: Hell John, he's a bright boy. Flip the gun upside down, Duh! You are welcome. :bigsmile:

I shoot lefty as well, and never well with scatterguns. I'm just a slow crappy shot, but gun fit is everything, and even an off the shelf left hand model can benefit with a little tailoring to the shooter. I know you'll take care of him and get things squared away. Good luck.

BTW, I've got a lefty Remington 1100 semi auto he can borrow in the meantime if you think it will help.


Thanks Traut, i may take you up on that. :thumbsup2:

I wish we had a dedicated Shotgun Shop around here, it would be nice if i could find a local smith to put a LH cast into his gun. I have an inquiry into Mossberg about a LH stock, but since they don't offer one i'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: I'm sending the Shotgun to this guy to have the Stock bent and fitted to my Son. He will remove the RH Palm swell as well and re-checker the grip for a total of 350 bucks.

http://thestockdr.com/

That will be a lot cheaper than buying him a new gun. :bigsmile:

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:40 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Edmonds
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014
Posts: 7127
Real Name: Curtis
Bad news: two of my close friends just lost their dads within a week of each other.

Good news: they both died at home, surrounded by family and without any drama.


Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:18 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: The banana belt of Sequim
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016
Posts: 1636
Real Name: Jay
usrifle wrote:
EDIT: I'm sending the Shotgun to this guy to have the Stock bent and fitted to my Son. He will remove the RH Palm swell as well and re-checker the grip for a total of 350 bucks.
http://thestockdr.com/
That will be a lot cheaper than buying him a new gun. :bigsmile:


I know several folks who have had work done by Dennis - you can be sure he'll do excellent work. Good choice!

_________________
MadPick wrote:
. . . and the more I lubed it, the better it did.


Thread all the things and suppress all the threaded things.

Jay
I'm not interested in how or where a weapon is made, as long as it does the job it needs to do and I know how to use it.
As long as it fires ammunition and you've got lots of it, that's all you should be concerned about.
Andy McNab, SAS


Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14263
Real Name: John
Isildur wrote:
usrifle wrote:
EDIT: I'm sending the Shotgun to this guy to have the Stock bent and fitted to my Son. He will remove the RH Palm swell as well and re-checker the grip for a total of 350 bucks.
http://thestockdr.com/
That will be a lot cheaper than buying him a new gun. :bigsmile:


I know several folks who have had work done by Dennis - you can be sure he'll do excellent work. Good choice!


I sent him an e-mail and he called me shortly after. He explained the measurements he needs of my son to fit it, as well as discussing the process.

Nice guy and he knows his stuff. :thumbsup2:

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:09 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: The banana belt of Sequim
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016
Posts: 1636
Real Name: Jay
Make sure you discuss with Dennis about recoil pad thickness and the possibility that the kid might still be growing and might need a longer LOP in the future.

_________________
MadPick wrote:
. . . and the more I lubed it, the better it did.


Thread all the things and suppress all the threaded things.

Jay
I'm not interested in how or where a weapon is made, as long as it does the job it needs to do and I know how to use it.
As long as it fires ammunition and you've got lots of it, that's all you should be concerned about.
Andy McNab, SAS


Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:15 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Downtown Newcastle
Joined: Sat Mar 5, 2016
Posts: 3011
Real Name: Traut
usrifle wrote:
EDIT: I'm sending the Shotgun to this guy to have the Stock bent and fitted to my Son. He will remove the RH Palm swell as well and re-checker the grip for a total of 350 bucks.


That's terrific. If the barrel ain't pointing exactly where you are looking when the stock hits your cheek, your pissing upwind. Glad you got the fix in motion.

_________________
I always thought growing old would take a lot longer.....

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:01 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Dayton, Montana
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015
Posts: 6005
Real Name: Brian
sportsdad60 wrote:
Yeah sucks. 》《 close to putting it all behind us but good news, I still have about 20 cords of logs on the property neatly stacked just waiting for my chain saw as we are putting in a wood stove as a 3rd option of heat in our home.

Hope ya make it out this year!


Sold the property again yesterday!
:wink05:
This time to a family, of lawyers icon_eek From Philly. At least its likely they'll have the money.

_________________
GENTLEMEN! You cannot fight in here! This is a War room!


Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:09 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015
Posts: 7530
Good news: After a week of diarrhea I went to the doctor. Got a prescription for azithromycin to try and kill off whatever is living in my guts

Bad news: Someone gets to fill four jars with poop and take it to the lab

_________________
You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for


Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:35 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 107  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dirtwigle, Eddie Dean, Fishinpnw, martin248, Pvanderzee, TechnoWeenie, vic_b and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.822s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]