Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Ford Maverick aka Truck 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had posted this in the "sell your truck" thread but since then, it's gotten a bit more attention.

Ford's new small truck will go on sale this fall starting at $19,995. (base model)

So why am I rehashing this? Well there has been more attention given to this than when it was first released.
First let's get the macho man dick measuring out of the way. Some don't need an F250 quad cab diesel 4x4 long bed for a grocery getter. Some only need something that has more room than the back of a Civic's trunk.
The Maverick is filling that niche and gets better mileage than the Civic.
Ford actually put a price on what it's going to sell for, in the fall.

OK, now enter the Hyundai Santa Cruz.
Quote:
Hyundai North America president and CEO José Muñoz told The Fox Garage that the brand’s upcoming Santa Cruz compact pickup is on track to sell out for the year by July … and the price hasn’t even been announced yet.

I don't understand how something could be "almost sold out" and people don't even know how much it will cost. icon_eek

OK, back to the Maverick. If this is such a hot selling, gottahaveit truck, with a bed slightly bigger than Kim Kardashicans butt, why didn't the Ford Explorer Sport Trac sell?

Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because everyone called them "Exploders", Duh!!!!!

Im sorry but every time I hear about a Ford Maverick I fucking cringe as my dad had one and holy hell what huge POS that was, I think he threw more wrenches at that Maverick than he turned on it.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Why didn't the Ford Explorer Sport Trac sell?

Its equipped with a touch of the :ffight:

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Markets change. The sport trak was ugly as fuck. Maverick has some potential. Fully EV versions will be awesome if they can keep prices down.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Why didn't the Ford Explorer Sport Trac sell?

Its equipped with a touch of the :ffight:

Ford Explorer Sport Trac looks similar to what they are now calling the Ford Ranger, which used to be a small truck.

I can't believe they are recycling the Maverick name.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a 73 mav, first car. Burned oil, fouled plugs, burned tires. Changed motor 3 times never could kill it completely. Drop beer cans through the rusted out floors covered in bent up road signs to keep from falling out. Was a piece of shit, well worth the 300$ I paid for it. Scrapped it for 200$

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wasn’t the new Ranger supposed to have filled the compact pickup niche to compete against the Colorado and the reintroduction of the Ridgeline?

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

billycee wrote:
Wasn’t the new Ranger supposed to have filled the compact pickup niche to compete against the Colorado and the reintroduction of the Ridgeline?

The following are posted from ALL four door cabs.

Silverado Wheelbase 147.53 in
Ford F150 Wheelbase 145.4 in

Colorado Wheelbase 128.30 in
Ford Ranger Wheelbase 126.8 in
Honda Ridgeline Wheelbase 125.2 in
Ford Maverick Wheelbase 121.1 in

Unfortunately wheelbase doesn't tell everything, bed length is what counts.
I'll be damned if I'm going to try a post all that, only because each mfg. has more bed configurations than a liberal has genders.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Chevy El Camino and Ford Ranchero were wanna be trucks in their day. There is/was an appear of a bed, even though it wasn't full duty as some.

Since Ford, except the Mustang, is not producing passenger cars anymore, needs a name to put on a new niche of compact trucks, so it is reusing a name from the past.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As someone who owns a Ford Ranger, I'm pretty frustrated that the market seems catered to F-150 and F-250 sized pickups that are way too big, but the maverick is a joke.

What are you supposed to do with a 4.5ft bed? And it being unibody makes it impossible to configure to a longer bed configuration.

The reason you have a truck is because you go to home depot, you get the rando things off craigslist, and you go offroad, and you have something like an RV, boat, trailer that you need to tow to somewhere.

I know there are fans of the Subaru Baja, but those were at least offroad capable with a cabin passthrough in the bed. This is a FWD default, 2.0 Prius engine with a tow capacity of 2000lbs which is equivalent of a Ford Focus.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wait until they roll out the micro-pickup called the Pinto!
(I kid!)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 am

I'm not sure why there is all this hate for the Maverick..... The review that I watched claimed that it is meant to be a low cost commuter vehicle with more hauling capabilities --- NOT meant to be a 'truck' for off roading or heavy hauling. Its meant for the people that want economy and capacity beyond a corrola or civic. It reminds me of the early/mid 80s dodge Rampage --- the Omni/Charger variant that was basically a mini fwd elcamino/ranchero --- seemingly silly, but useful in its own right.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It does serve a niche. Recall all of the difficulty looters had fitting their stolen flat screens in their sedans :bigsmile:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
As someone who owns a Ford Ranger, I'm pretty frustrated that the market seems catered to F-150 and F-250 sized pickups that are way too big, but the maverick is a joke.

What are you supposed to do with a 4.5ft bed? And it being unibody makes it impossible to configure to a longer bed configuration.

The reason you have a truck is because you go to home depot, you get the rando things off craigslist, and you go offroad, and you have something like an RV, boat, trailer that you need to tow to somewhere.

I know there are fans of the Subaru Baja, but those were at least offroad capable with a cabin passthrough in the bed. This is a FWD default, 2.0 Prius engine with a tow capacity of 2000lbs which is equivalent of a Ford Focus.

I'll agree with you about the full size rigs but have to say that Ford screwed the pooch with the Ranger. They had the chance to build what the people wanted but instead built what they thought the people wanted.
1) It's too big.
2) Too much $$$
3) MPG :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I really don't give a flying fuck about FOUR FUCKING DOORS ON A TRUCK! WHY WON'T THEY BUILD A TWO DOOR???? (with an extended cab :bigsmile: )

Hmmm... good article here on single cabs: https://www.motorbiscuit.com/customer-demand-could-resurrect-the-single-cab-silverado/

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next